There is no doubt that AWS is a top-notch cloud hosting provider that offers cost-effective plans, a flexible cloud hosting experience, excellent scalability, and the fastest cloud hosting with its cutting-edge infrastructure.
But, due to its billing complexities and a complicated interface, beginners often end up in a mystery instead of a solution.
Moreover, Amazon Web Services (AWS) asks for a hefty amount to avail of its customer support services. Due to such complexities, the urge to look for an AWS alternative arises.
There are various alternatives for AWS that take away all these complex issues and provide a hassle-free cloud hosting experience.
If you are looking for an instant solution, after extensive research, we recommend choosing Kamatera as the best alternative for AWS. It is a perfect cloud hosting provider that offers excellent flexibility and scalability at a low price.
In this article, we have handpicked the top 5 alternatives amongst hundreds of cloud hosting providers based on their key features and pricing.
If you want to know why we picked Kamatera as the best alternative, you will have to stick with us until the end.
|Kamatera||Best AWS Alternatives||$4/month|
|SiteGround||Best for the Fastest Speed||$80/month|
|Vultr||Best for Useful Features||$2.50/month|
|DigitalOcean||Best for Reliable Cloud Hosting||$5/month|
|A2 Hosting||Best for Affordable Price & Performance||$5/month|
Here’s a quick index to help you navigate this article:
Without further ado, let us review the best alternatives for AWS.
Best AWS Alternatives: Quick Overview
Here is a quick summary or overview of our top 5 handpicked AWS alternatives, so if you are in a hurry, you can have a brief overview of the alternatives and pick the one that best fits your criteria.
- Kamatera: The best alternative for developers looking for a reliable hosting provider.
- SiteGround: Best for beginners and users whose highest priority is getting the best customer support.
- Vultr: Best for developers and experienced users. It offers plenty of useful features with industry-standard speed.
- DigitalOcean: Best for developers looking for a trustworthy and reliable cloud hosting provider.
- A2 Hosting: Best AWS alternative for users looking for a beginner-friendly hosting provider at an affordable price and with the fastest performance.
Reasons to Look for AWS Alternatives
Looking for alternatives can be challenging if you are not entirely aware of the cons of Amazon Web Services (AWS) .
Knowing the downsides of Amazon Web Service will give you a clear idea about what you need to look for in an alternative, and the comparison becomes more helpful.
Here are some of the cons of AWS that you need to know before selecting an alternative to AWS.
- There is a lack of customer support. Customer support is one of the essential factors that you need to look for with any hosting provider. If you are hosting your site with any hosting provider, the host needs to take care of your experiences and problems. However, if you want to avail of the customer support of AWS, you need to pay additional fees, which increases the overall hosting cost.
- The billing system is a complete mess. The billing system will leave you confused, which is one of the primary reasons why users tend to switch from AWS.
- AWS is an expensive cloud hosting provider primarily, after the inclusion of its customer support charges.
- If you are a beginner, AWS will leave you confused. To handle the servers, you need experience. If you do not have the experience, managing servers can be overwhelming.
- The servers are not robust compared to the hardware and other AWS alternatives. Additionally, it offers a complex startup process.
Despite the cons, AWS manages to remain one of the leaders in the cloud hosting world. Now that you are aware of the disadvantages that AWS comes with, let us finally look at the list of our top 5 alternatives to AWS without further delay.
List of the 5 Best AWS Alternatives in 2021
1. Kamatera – Best AWS Alternatives
Kamatera is one of the best AWS alternatives thanks to its cost-effective plans and excellent scaling options.
Kamatera offers a broad range of plans to choose from. Kamatera’s main selling point is its exceptional speed and security features. You can scale hundreds of servers within a few seconds.
If you are looking for the hosting provider that lets you stretch your goals to the farthest limit, Kamatera is the most reliable alternative to AWS.
Due to its instant provisioning, you can quickly increase your storage limit, RAM, and CPU numbers. There are abundant resources that let you scale with just a few clicks.
Additionally, you can also use your cloud servers for WordPress hosting, as an email server, remote desktop saver, and more.
One of the critical goals of Kamatera is providing excellent customer support to users so you can have an excellent hosting experience.
- To deliver the fastest cloud hosting, Kamatera uses the latest technologies that provide 300% faster performance than the old generations. Furthermore, it offers SSD cloud infrastructure, so you never have to worry about slow loading times.
- For ultimate performance and availability, it offers 13 data centers globally.
- If you get stuck at any point, it offers 24/7 expert support through multiple channels. There are also various documentation options that you can check.
- All your plans are backed by a 30-day free trial to test their service. This feature allows you to have a risk-free purchase, and you can try the service before paying them.
- Kamatera offers a 99.95% uptime guarantee along with massive bandwidth for easy transfer of data. Moreover, Kamatera focuses heavily on your site’s security so you can have hassle-free hosting experience.
Kamatera follows the pay as you go method, which makes your hosting flexible. However, the pricing is as low as $4/month.
If you are looking for the best AWS alternative in each parameter, we would highly recommend Kamatera. It is highly flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Especially if you are a developer with prior experience, look no further.
2. SiteGround – Best for the Fastest Speed
Whether it is shared hosting, dedicated hosting, or cloud hosting, SiteGround is a prominent name in the world of hosting. Since 2004, it is well-known for its premium quality managed cloud hosting and unmatched customer support.
They have tons of customer support and documentation options for users, and their many in-house experts are available 24/7. Check our SiteGround review to get detailed insights into SiteGround hosting.
SiteGround gives you complete freedom to design your own plans according to your resources or pick the one they have created.
With the managed cloud hosting, you can focus on your core goal while SiteGround manages all the security and speed for you.
One of the best features of SiteGround is its top-notch security and speed optimized hosting that offers one of the fastest high performance.
- SiteGround makes sure your site is secured. It offers you plenty of security features such as firewalls, hack-protection, 24/7 site monitoring, and more. Also, you get free SSL certification and a dedicated IP address.
- If you rely on a hosting provider’s customer support, look no further. SiteGround offers the best industry customer support. You can contact the team through live chat, phone, and email.
- You get additional freebies such as CDN for fastest page loading times, free backup and restoration options, Spam protection, and more.
- In case you’re away and there is a sudden surge in traffic on your website, it offers auto-scaling, which is a great feature.
- SiteGround provides an intuitive interface. The inclusion of cPanel makes managing and using SiteGround extremely more effortless.
The pricing starts from $80/month to $240/month. The reason why SiteGround offers high pricing plans is due to its managed cloud hosting service. Check our SiteGround coupon to get an exclusive discount on SiteGround hosting now.
If you are looking for the fastest speed in the best AWS alternatives, SiteGround is the best alternative. It also offers the best customer support with some of the best security features at affordable pricing.
3. Vultr – Best for Useful Features
Vultr is another alternative for AWS. Vultr is a dedicated cloud hosting provider with the exceptional speed with its widespread data centers located at 15 different places for the utmost flexibility and scalability options.
Due to its simple control panel and hosting packages, it provides a high usability experience compared to AWS. Additionally, it gives you maximum RAM configuration with every plan and a dedicated CPU for CPU-intense application.
It does not matter whether you are a small business or large; you can set up your plan and scale as per your resource needs with a simple slider.
Due to its excellent scalability, it is one of the best Alternatives to AWS. Due to AWS criticism over-complicated plans, Vultr gives you a clean choice by giving their straight decisions.
- While Amazon Web services charge you for customer support, Vultr offers free customer support to its users via email. You do not get an option of live chat; however, there is plenty of documentation and email support 24/7.
- Vultr is a reliable cloud hosting provider. It offers 99.99% uptime with SSD servers and the latest Intel processor for the fastest performance.
- Vultr makes managing a straightforward control panel. You can manage the utilization of resources and peak activities through graphical representation. Moreover, you can install various applications with a one-click installer and manage DDN with its intuitive interface.
- The powerful interface also lets you manage and deploy the operating system. You can also enjoy multiple freebies that come with each plan.
- When we consider security, Vultr takes all the risks away. The perpetual security keeps your site safe. It offers various security features, including DDoS attacks and 24/7 monitoring.
The pricing ranges from $2.50/month to $60/month.
Vultr is a reliable, stable, and best alternative for users looking to a reliable AWS alternative. The integration of SSD servers gives you a consistent performance. Like AWS, it offers a massive choice of data centers.
4. DigitalOcean – Best for Reliable Cloud Hosting
With plenty of alternatives, DigitalOcean is one of the reliable AWS alternatives. The cloud platform is a scalable, flexible, and affordable. DigitalOcean is our top recommendation due to its ease of use. Getting started with it is extremely easy.
All you have to do it pick a plan according to your needs. These plans are further scalable at a few clicks. It also offers various storage options from block storage to object storage.
Another edge over AWS is that it offers free customer support via email 24/7. DigitalOcean allows you to deploy your custom image and one-click installer. It is a one-stop destination for all kinds of websites.
It offers plans from small businesses to large businesses. It is one of the trustable cloud hosting providers helping over one million developers globally with their excellent and reliable hosting services.
- The control panel is simple and easy to use with the one-click installer. You can install WordPress, Docker, GitLab, and more with a simple one-click rather than any command line.
- For better speed and flexibility, DigitalOcean lets you host your site to the closest geographical locations of your targeted audience over various continents. It offers eight data center locations to choose from.
- If you are a developer, DigitalOcean is built for you. With its intuitive control panel and API, you can manage your site in no time. Additionally, as soon as you sign up, you free $100 credit for 60 days.
- The security and compliance features are top-rated. DigitalOcean’s platform is certified on the international security standard to keep your data safe from all the risks.
- Comparing with the complex AWS pricing system, DigitalOcean offers industry standard pricing and predictable pricing, so you know what you are going to pay for the services rather than sending multiple invoices to you.
The basic droplet pricing starts from $5/month to $960/month, depending on your needs of resources.
If you are a developer looking for the best AWS alternative, DigitalOcean is the best bet. It offers various features that will help a developer to get started immediately and offers a reliable hosting experience with good customer support by your side.
5. A2 Hosting – Best for Affordable Price & Performance
A2 Hosting has been a well-known hosting company mainly due to its fast hosting at affordable pricing, so it made it on our best AWS alternative list.
A2 Hosting provides the quickest performance because of SSD and the latest technologies with a healthy 99.9% uptime guarantee.
A2 Hosting lets you create your plan like AWS; However, with A2 hosting, it’s as simple as moving the slider up and down. A2 Hosting offers root access and various choices for Linux distribution.
During checkout, you can select distro with Webuzo because this control panel provides easy management of your site with features such as one-click installation, quick management, and more.
It also offers premium quality customer support through live chat, call, and email. On top of that, it offers one of the best security features on the list.
- Unlike other hosting providers that restrict refunds after a specific period, A2 Hosting offers a full refund of your money if you claim it within 30 days. However, you can ask for the remaining or pro-rated money back anytime. In short, it offers anytime money-back guarantee.
- A2 Hosting offers four choices of data centers for easier and faster speed and flexibility in operations.
- It offers free SSL and high-security features. A2 hosting provides one of the best security features that will keep your security away from millions of threats through their 24/7 monitoring.
- You can choose between cloud VPS plans such as managed, unmanaged, and Core VPS.
- One of the essential features that make A2 Hosting unique is that it besides fast servers, it also provides Turbo servers add-ons that make sure the site blazing-fast.
A2 Hosting provides a cheap hosting plan. The basic plan starts at $5/month, followed by other plans at $10/month and $15/month. Check our A2 Hosting coupon to claim an exclusive discount on A2 Hosting now.
A2 Hosting is the best AWS alternative if you are looking for the cheapest hosting solution with necessary features.
A2 Hosting provides excellent customer support with the fastest servers on the list. You get one of the fastest page loading times and excellent uptime with A2 cloud hosting.
Now that we have made it till the end, we would like to point out that Amazon Web Service or AWS offers impressive performance and is well known for its premium cloud hosting.
However, as we mentioned initially, it comes with various cons that made us look for AWS alternatives.
While AWS can be tricky for beginners, we recommend SiteGround for a clean and simple user interface. It provides managed cloud hosting with a bit higher price than others, but choosing SiteGround is totally worth it.
Your site will be backed up with excellent customer support and advanced security features with the best uptime.
If you are a developer and looking for more than just cloud hosting providers, in our opinion, Kamatera and Vultr is the best bet for the best AWS alternative.
They both offer excellent cloud infrastructure and make hosting easier, mostly, with their 24/7 customer support.
We hope our AWS alternatives list helped you to pick the right alternative for your site. So, which alternative are you choosing? Drop your answers in the comment section below.
Read Other Hosting Guides:
- Best Linode Alternatives
- Best DigitalOcean Alternatives
- Best SiteGround Alternatives
- Best WP Engine Alternatives
- Best HostGator Alternatives
- Best GoDaddy Alternatives
- Best DreamHost Alternatives
- DigitalOcean Alternatives
- Linode Alternatives
- VPS Hosting vs Shared Hosting
- VPS Hosting vs Dedicated Hosting
- SiteGround vs WP Engine
- SiteGround vs Bluehost
- SiteGround vs A2 Hosting