Having an effective navigation system is crucial for any website. When people visit your website, you don’t want them to become confused and waste their time trying to find the options they need.
The best way to make sure that your users have a straightforward experience is by upgrading the navigation area with the best menu plugin.
Luckily, there are plenty of WordPress menu plugins available that provide various customizable options and take your menu to the next level.
We have spent time researching and picking the 10 best WordPress menu plugins, free and paid, out of hundreds.
In this article, you will get to know all the plugins in detail, so that you can judge each of them and pick the one that meets all your requirements.
At the end of this article, we have added our recommendations, so you’ll have all the information you need to select the plugin and get started right after reading this list.
Here’s a quick index to help you navigate this article:
Now, get comfortable and let’s dive into the details.
What to Look in the Best WordPress Menu Plugins?
There is no doubt that menu plugins come with tremendous advantages and open up many possibilities. However, not all of them are the same.
Here are some of the crucial features to look out for when you are looking for the best WordPress Menu plugin.
- Look for a plugin that comes with a drag and drop editor or visual editor to save you time. This will help you create a menu quickly rather than manually creating the menu on the WordPress backend.
- Before picking any plugin, make sure it comes with responsive design menus so that you can display menus evenly for both mobile and desktop users.
- Check that the plugin comes with several templates so that you can start constructing your menus effortlessly.
- The plugins should have seamless integration with WooCommerce and all the themes of WordPress. This enables you to bring the best functionality to your site.
- Your website will grow with time. Therefore, it is crucial to pick a plugin that allows you to create broad mega menus.
- There needs to be plenty of customization tools so that you can customize various aspects of your menu, including colors, styling, texts, and size. This gives you more control over how your menu will look, rather than having a design forced on you.
- Gone are the days when we could simply add a basic menu. Pick a plugin that provides media and icon support so that you can make your menu more attractive.
Now that you have understood the features you should be looking for in any plugin, let us dive into the plugin list, and by the end you will be able to find out our top favorite plugins.
List of 10 Best WordPress Menu Plugins in (2022)
Responsive Menu is one of the popular WordPress menu plugin that helps convert your basic menu into a fully responsive menu.
This way, you get more control over how your site looks on various different devices and you can ensure that all the essential options are visible.
The plugin comes with over 150 customization options and around 22,500 setting combinations. There is a free version of the plugin that includes all the essential functions such as sub-menus and animations.
With the premium version, you can unlock more features. Responsive Menu gives you incredible customization features as well as complete control over your designs and menu.
- Responsive Menu lets you customize multiple aspects of your menu such as border color, texts, background, and more. You can even insert images to use as a background photo. You can also upload other visuals, such as logos and icons.
- While you can enjoy the free plugin’s basic animations, you can use the animation effect on individual menu items with the premium version.
- To test you new menu’s functionality before going live, you can preview all the changes you have made before implementing them.
- The plugin lets you customize the color opacity and allows you to create custom triggers as well.
The price for the premium version starts from $29.99.
Responsive Menu is perfect for users who need a fully responsive menu bar with maximum functionality and a clean design. If you need the best solution at an affordable price, Responsive Menu is hands-down the best.
Max Mega Menu is another top recommended WordPress menu plugin with over 300,000 installations worldwide. The plugin is enriched with beautiful features to give you a fully functional menu.
This WordPress plugin comes with plenty of customization options and lets you add interactive elements to the themes you are using.
Additionally, it comes with a drag and drop editor to make it easier for beginners to quickly configure various menu locations.
It is fast and responsive, so you won’t have to worry about mobile users having trouble navigating through the menu.
Although it comes with a free version, you get more flexibility on the paid version, along with excellent features.
- The interface of Max Mega Menu is incredibly easy to use. It uses the regular WordPress menu area, so you can get started quickly.
- If you want to show images and other links, you can place the WordPress widget inside the menu. It also lets you control the text alignment settings and add icons to the menu.
- With the premium version, you get additional features and visuals including custom styling menus, sticky menus, custom icons, and more.
- Max Mega Menu lets you add various effects to your site navigation areas such as hover triggers, flyouts, and fading menus.
The price starts from $29 for one site.
The free version of Max Mega menu is perfect for users who need all the standard features without paying a single penny.
The plugin is ideal for a small to a medium-sized website, and upgrading to the premium version makes it feasible even for larger sites that need tabbed mega menus.
Superfly is an incredible menu plugin that is made specifically for the vertical menu. This powerful plugin gives you complete control over what content is added to your vertical bar menu area.
It even gives you the freedom to define how the menu is being displayed. The plugin lets you add a contact form on your menu so that your customers can contact you directly.
Superfly also enables you to modify many triggers on the backend so that you can make your menu perform various actions like scrolling in, pushing content, and more. Overall, the plugin is feature-rich and comes at an affordable price.
- Superfly provides many animation features that are comparatively better than other plugins as they are powered by CSS3.
- Superfly lets you build an icon bar. This icon bar works like a small menu app. Additionally, it comes with a built-in icon library through which you can add various visual elements on the menu.
- To keep users interested, you can give them access to the full-screen menu.
- The plugin comes with various menu modes such as compact, slide in, and skewed menus. You can also use Superfly to create vertical menus efficiently.
Superfly is available from $29.
Superfly is the best pick to consider if you want to create a vertical menu, which can be beneficial to display on your site. With Superfly, you can create an attractive and fully responsive menu for your site.
4. WP Mega Menu
WP Mega Menu is a simple yet powerful plugin that comes with a drag and drop interface.
WP Mega Menu is the ultimate solution if you want to create an interactive menu with attractive designs and elements. With plenty of customization features, you can create various styles and personalized menus.
The plugin comes with all the features to help you elevate lifeless and dull WordPress menus. To give you impressive design options, it comes with the support from Dash icons and Font Awesome icons.
What makes the plugin unique from the rest of the plugins on the list is its ability to add various media content to attract users. You can build fully functioning mega menus quickly with WP Mega Menu.
- WP Mega Menu gives you complete control over the responsiveness of the menu by defining the breakpoint.
- WP Mega Menu comes with the ability to incorporate gallery, video, and audio icons in the menu so that you can have a unique, eye-catching menu.
- WP Mega Menu lets you add products on the menu to boost lead generation.
- The incredible plugin lets you add widgets to the menu. Moreover, it comes with Google fonts, a stretch menu, and more.
The plugin’s premium version starts from $29 for a single site.
WP Mega Menu is a perfect plugin if you want to create multi-layered mega menus. The plugin is compatible with most WordPress themes.
It comes with incredible features to make a responsive and unique menu with plenty of customization options.
As you might have guessed from the name, WP Mobile Menu is the best solution to turn your regular WordPress menu into a fully responsive mobile device menu.
The plugin provides a quick, straightforward menu that enhances your site’s navigation, especially in mobiles.
Unlike other plugins, the WP Mobile menu comes with unique features such as a copyright section, a sliding menu, and a header banner.
WP Mobile Menu also lets you export and import menus to use somewhere else. The plugin also comes with some incredible customization options to create the most attractive menu.
Also, WP Mobile Menu lets you specify a specific element when the menu is visible on the mobile, such as theme menus or HTML elements.
- You get seamless integration with WooCommerce tools like a menu cart icon, a mobile product filter, a checkout page, and account links in the sliding carts.
- Unlike other plugins, WP Mobile Menu comes with a 14-day free trial so that you can see whether the plugin is perfect for you or not.
- The plugin lets you add background images to the menu.
- WP Mobile Menu comes with some premium features that let you add header banners, footer menus, and more than 2000+ icons.
The price starts at $6.49.
WP Mobile Menu is the best solution for you if you want a responsive menu. If you are looking for a plugin that provides excellent features for eCommerce and visuals, consider WP Mobile Menu as the best solution.
6. Quad Menu
Quad Menu helps to create mega menus and provides rapid integration with the WordPress theme that you are using.
Apart from the mega menu, you can also create a carousel menu, or a menu with tabs. Additionally, Quad Menu plays a vital role in enhancing the default menu in the settings.
Quad Menu provides some of the best customization options of the plugins in this list. You can customize various aspects of the menu and see the changes live in front of your screen.
Moreover, the visual editor of Quad Menu is more advanced than the regular dashboard of WordPress.
The free version of the plugin comes with a decent feature list, but upgrading to the premium version gives you better features. The best part of this plugin is that you get the premium version for a lifetime.
- Quad Menu gives you various alternative formats as well, such as off-canvas mega menus or sticky menus.
- For the menu display, Quad Menu provides various free menu themes, core integration, and customizable animation.
- Quad Menu lets you create an unlimited number of themes for your site. Additionally, it gives you the option to put your menu anywhere on your site.
- Quad Menu can be integrated with numerous other tools either automatically or manually.
The price starts at $15.
If you are looking for a one-time investment in a plugin, consider this as the best option. If you like a variety of options with incredible features, Quad Menu is the best pick.
7. Hero Menu
Hero Menu is another great menu plugin for WordPress that creates a perfect balance between functionality and affordability. The plugin is popular due to its simplicity and basic multi-level drop-down menu system capabilities.
This drag and drop plugin makes it immensely more manageable for you to upgrade your site’s menu with its incredible features. You can enjoy the benefits of simple tools and beautiful templates to create a fully responsive menu.
What’s great about this plugin is that it integrates well with WooCommerce to promote your products effectively. Moreover, it comes with an extensive library of icons.
The interface is intuitive yet powerful, providing all the settings in one place. With this plugin, you can add a contact form and Google Maps to your drop-down area, making it easier for your audience to contact you.
- The plugin lets you add small or large images effortlessly, including the featured photos from any blog posts you link to. For more stunning effects, you can also add attractive background images.
- You can place your menu wherever you want on your site. Moreover, the plugin also provides support for the vertical menu.
- You can make your menu look perfect with its massive collection of fonts and 60 color presets.
- The plugin gives you total freedom to add images to the menus and various options, including the social media button and shopping cart.
You can get the plugin for $20.
If you are a fan of drag and drop builders, Hero Menu is truly the hero of all the list’s plugins. The plugin is also ideal for WooCommerce users as it allows you to add a shopping cart in the menu along with other excellent features.
WP Mega Menu Pro is yet another robust plugin with a long list of incredible features, top reviews and sales, and great affordability. WP Mega menu Pro comes with a lot of customization options pre-built menu design.
As soon as you activate the plugin, it gives you over 14 styles and menus to choose from. You can create horizontal as well as vertical menus in no time.
WP Mega Menu Pro gives you vertical and horizontal options in both hover and layout activated versions.
The plugin works together with the default menu dashboard, so you get the advantage of both visual builders and the one you might have used. The plugin comes with all the essential features that you need to launch a fully-fledged mega menu.
- WP Mega Menu Pro comes with a toolkit feature that lets you display the widgets from the plugin in the drop-down area. You can also display featured content and more in the drop-down area.
- This robust plugin comes with sticky mega menu scrolls along as your customers move down your site.
- WP Mega Menu Pro allows you to add more functionality to your menus, such as a search bar or register button. The plugin also comes with options for custom logos and WooCommerce.
- You can customize your fonts, images, and text so that your menu matches the rest of your site’s design.
The pricing is currently at $18.
WP Mega menu Pro comes with plenty of features. It is ideal for users looking for all the essential features in one plugin.
It comes with a little of everything so that you can create a perfect menu for your site and bring the most functionality.
UberMenu is a premium WordPress menu plugin that is well known for its user-friendliness and ease of use. This excellent plugin provides stunning menus that work on all devices.
With this plugin, you can customize various aspects of the menu, including images, a category list, and products.
To input your choice of CSS3 codes, UberMenu comes with an elegant style generator. The plugin comes with beautiful templates that you can customize to create unique designs to attract your users and improve your site’s overall look.
UberMenu comes with some advanced features, but you can figure out everything without hiring a developer.
- UberMenu understands that your work is crucial, and therefore, it comes with AJAX saving so that you won’t be at risk of losing your work.
- With its sleek, easy to use interface, it lets you design advanced menus with the help of a grid-based visual system.
- You also get a dynamic menu generator that builds the entire menu for you by pulling things like pages and posts.
- The plugin allows you to implement your codes to display whatever you need. Moreover, it provides support for advanced content such as contact forms, search bars, and maps.
The pricing for the plugin starts from $25.
UberMenu is perfect for users who want to generate menu items automatically. It is ideal for users who are looking forward to creating a unique menu.
You can add anything to your menu with HTML codes, widgets, and shortcodes.
10. Groovy Mega Menu
Groovy Mega Menu may be last on our list, but it belongs at the top when it comes to creating a custom WordPress mega menu.
The plugin comes with an intuitive interface and makes it significantly simpler to add a mega menu to your WordPress site.
Groovy Mega Menu lets you add widgets to the menu effortlessly so that you can upgrade your dropdown menu. It’s a reliable plugin that provides complete support to its user.
The menu works perfectly on any device without affecting a single aspect of the menu. Moreover, you can create both horizontal and vertical layouts easily.
- Groovy Mega Menu comes with a preset library that is ready to use. You can customize these templates as per your requirements and speed up the designing process.
- The plugin provides a live preview feature where all the features are attainable through the WordPress customizer and come with inner preview mode.
- Groovy Mega Menu comes with elements that you can add to your menu instantly, such as a mega menu, icons, search, Woocart, and more.
- Additional features of Groovy Mega Menu include easy customization, GDPR compliance, smooth scroll on-page menu, and automatic and manual integration.
The pricing starts at $39.
Groovy Mega Menu is the best pick for WordPress menu plugin if you want a simple solution with advanced features.
Final Thoughts: What Are the Best WordPress Menu Plugins?
WordPress Menu Plugin makes the entire process of customizing your website’s menu much more straightforward than you would imagine. You can create a fully functional and responsive menu with attractive and unique styles.
Our list of the best menu plugins for WordPress features various plugins with its own unique features.
However, if you are still confused about our options, here’s our recommendation: we recommend Responsive Menu and Max Mega Menu as the best menu plugins to help you enhance your users’ experience with their incredible features.
If you want to make a fully responsive menu, we recommend Responsive Menu and WP Responsive Menu. Similarly, pick Superfly if you like vertical menus.
All you need to do is see which plugin caters to your needs, and you are all set to go! Let us know which plugins are you picking in the comment section below.
Other Related Articles:
- Best WordPress SEO Plugins
- Best WordPress Backup Plugins
- Best WordPress Login Page Plugins
- Best WordPress Page Builder Plugins
- Best Contact Form Plugins for WordPress
- Best WordPress Ecommerce Plugins
- Best Genesis Framework Plugins
- Best WordPress Popup Plugins
- Best WordPress Countdown Plugins
- Best Amazon Affiliate WordPress Plugins