As a WooCommerce store owner, you want your business to expand globally.
However, when selling internationally, currency exchange is one of the biggest hurdles for a store owner.
The better the user experience, the better the sales and conversions.
If your WooCommerce store is catering products globally, you definitely want to grab their attention in the best possible way. One of the best ways to appeal to a global user base is to show product prices in all of your customers’ native currencies.
Customers prefer to deal in their own currency because of the problems surrounding currency exchange and transaction processing.
How would you solve this problem with ease?
The best possible solution — using WooCommerce currency switcher plugins.
In this post, we have listed the 11 best WooCommerce currency switcher plugins in the market.
These WooCommerce currency switcher plugins are:
- Easy to use and flexible.
- Dedicated to WooCommerce only.
- Capable of auto-updating the currency exchange rates.
- Able to provide shortcodes and widgets to place the currency switcher anywhere on your WooCommerce store.
With these WooCommerce currency switcher plugins, your customers can check rates on the fly without even refreshing the page.
Let’s dive in.
List of the 11 Best WooCommerce Currency Switcher Plugins in 2021
WooCommerce Multi Currency is a powerful multi-currency plugin. This plugin allows your visitors to browse your products and checkout in multiple currencies.
This plugin converts WooCommerce product prices, coupons, and shipping price taxes to the customer’s preferred currency. Customers can select the currency on the front end with widgets and currency bars.
It allows you to set up exchange rates manually or automatically. Additionally, this plugin can automatically get customers’ geolocations and display the price in each customer’s native currency.
The exchange rates are automatically updated every minute from different sources such as Yahoo! Finance, Google Finance, and more. You can set the time for automatic updates half-hourly, hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, etc. The plugin will also send a notification email whenever it updates the exchange rates.
- Allow multi-currency payments
- Sends updated exchange rate email
- Auto-updates the exchange rates
- Auto-selects currency based on GEO IP
- Provides shortcode to display currency anywhere
- Allows customer to check out in their selected currency
Pricing: Single site license costs $30. This plan includes future updates and six-months of customer support.
Price Based on Country is an easy-to-use, flexible currency exchange plugin. Using this plugin, you can implement a country-targeted multi-currency strategy for your WooCommerce store.
This plugin has a user-friendly interface that you can get up and running in a matter of minutes. It lets you create a number of zones with the countries and currencies that you need to specify for country-targeted pricing strategies. For each zone, you can set up prices manually or leave them to be calculated automatically by the exchange rate.
The plugin automatically detects the country of visitors by using their echolocation’s IP and displays the currency and price that you have defined previously. It even automatically updates the exchange rates and allows you to set your own exchange rates.
Overall, this is a reliable WooCommerce currency switcher plugin that can help you in automatically showcasing the visitor’s price according to their location. The setup is easy and quick so that you can get started right away.
- Easy setup
- Multi-currency support
- Custom currency symbols
- Currency options by zone
- Offers currency switcher widget
- Automatic updating of exchange rates
- Display the currency code next to price
- Receive payments in multiple currencies
- Compatible with WooCommerce’s built-in CSV importer and exporter
Pricing: The basic plan costs €59/year. This plan supports 3 websites and provides one year of updates and customer support.
WOOCS is a robust currency switcher plugin for WooCommerce. This plugin allows you to set up multi-currency options for your WooCommerce store.
Once you install and configure this plugin, your visitors can switch products’ currencies according to set currencies rates. Your visitors can choose to pay in their selected or preferred currency.
This plugin gives the flexibility to add any currency to your WooCommerce store. Also, this plugin provides shortcodes that you can insert into your store to show the multi-currency price easily. If you want to update the currency rate, you can set it to update currency rates hourly, twice-daily, or monthly with ease.
This plugin uses the GEO IP rule for visitors’ currency detection. Currency changes automatically according to visitors’ IPs, allowing customers to buy products in their local currency. You can also use your own currency symbols as needed.
- Set multi-currency pay
- Auto-updates rates
- Lets you set payment rules
- Provides a currency switcher widget
- Individual prices based on user roles
- Geo IP rule for local currency detection
- Provides shortcodes to show currency anywhere
Pricing: Single site license costs $30 and includes future updates and six months of customer support.
Currency Switcher for WooCommerce is a reliable currency switcher plugin. This plugin lets you set up multiple currencies in your store, and lets the customers switch and pay in their preferred currency.
With this plugin, you can also set multiple different pricing, either in bulk or for a single product. It automatically updates the currency exchange rates for you so that you don’t need to do it manually. Also, it can auto-switch the currency of customers using their GEO IPs.
This plugin provides various currency switcher placements options. You can customize and add country flags to the currency switcher and place it anywhere in your WooCommerce store using short-codes. This plugin is extremely easy to use and configure and has a user-friendly interface.
- Set prices on a per-product basis
- Automatic currency exchange rate updates
- Options to add country flags to the currency switcher
- Options to revert the original currency during checkout
- Auto-switches currency by country using GEO IPs
- Various currency switcher placements and format options
- Allows you to add currency switcher as a widget or a shortcode
Pricing: The basic plan price starts at $19 for a single site. All plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
If you’re selling products to people from all over the world, WooCommerce All in One Currency is a must-have plugin. This plugin allows your customers to choose their preferred currency in your WooCommerce store.
Once you install and configure this plugin, your users can switch to their preferred currency easily. Also, it automatically switches the currency of a customer using their echolocation. This plugin is fully compatible with PayPal and all other payment gateways.
It offers two currency conversion methods:
- Complete conversion — converts currency for the payment
- Conversions just for user reference — customers will pay in the default currency of your store
This plugin mainly uses WordPress filters and custom CSS rules to generate the currency switcher, so you can easily make changes to your pricing with little CSS or PHP knowledge. Otherwise, you can automatically add the currency switcher option using this plugin.
Overall, WooCommerce All in One Currency is a reliable, easily customizable, and lightweight currency switcher plugin for WooCommerce.
- Easy to install and configure
- Compatible with price filter widgets
- Exchanges rates get automatic updates
- Compatible with all major payment gateways
- Multi-fee currency exchange rate APIs
- Currency switching with cache plugin support
- Lets you insert currency switcher with a widget, shortcode, or PHP function
Pricing: The basic plan for a single site costs $31 and includes updates and six months of customer support.
Currency Converter Widget is a powerful premium currency switcher plugin developed by WooCommerce. This plugin lets you utilize a dynamic currency switcher for displaying prices and totals.
It dynamically grabs the latest exchange rates and changes the displayed prices in real time. All the product prices in your WooCommerce stores will get automatic updates, including the totals.
This plugin gives you the flexibility to add and convert as many currencies as you want via the widget setting. However, checkout can still be done using your WooCommerce store’s base currency.
- Easy to configure and use
- Grabs the exchange rates in real time
- Updates the exchange rates automatically
- Displays dynamic currency switcher for products
- Offers widgets to show the currency switcher anywhere on the site
Pricing: The basic plan starts at $29 and includes one year of updates and support. Also, this plan is backed with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
This plugin comes with an easy-to-use interface where you can manage multiple currencies for your store. Your visitors can switch the currency and choose their preferred currency on product pages easily.
It automatically updates the exchange rates on an hourly, twice-daily, weekly, and monthly basis. This plugin fetches exchange rates from all major aggregators such as Fixer.io, jsonrates, OANDA, and open exchange rates.
The best part – this plugin displays the exchange rates using colors, such as green/red, to see whether a rate is good or not. Also, you can place the currency switcher anywhere in your WooCommerce store using a widget or a shortcode.
- Add or update any currency
- Add or update any exchange rate
- Refreshes the exchange rates automatically
- Display exchange rates using colors — red/green
- Fully compatible with popular exchange rate aggregators
- Lets you add currency switcher using a widget or shortcode
Pricing: Single-site license costs $21 and includes future updates and six months of customer support.
WooCommerce Multilingual is a powerful WooCommerce currency switcher plugin.
This plugin lets you set up the shop currency based on the visitor’s country. In addition to that, it comes with a built-in option to change the currency based on the visitor’s language. It has an easy interface where you can manage every aspect easily.
WooCommerce Multilingual doesn’t require any additional advanced front-end styling. Simply enable the plugin and choose which countries will display different currencies. You can easily display the currency switcher using a widget or a shortcode.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Provides customization options
- Set up currency based on country and language
Pricing: Single-site license costs $15. It includes future updates and six months of customer support.
As the name suggests, CBX Currency Converter is a currency switcher plugin for WooCommerce. This plugin helps you add a currency converter to your WooCommerce store. It supports all global currencies and lets you display up to 10 currencies simultaneously.
Once you install and configure this plugin, your visitors can switch to their preferred currency while browsing your store’s products. This plugin lets you display the currency converter on any part of your website using advanced widgets and shortcodes.
The design is fully customizable – you can give every widget and shortcodes a unique look. It comes with four display layouts:
- Only list
- Calculator list
- Calculator with list at top
- Calculator with list at bottom
The exchange rates get automatic updates on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
Overall, if you want to add a currency switcher to your WooCommerce store easily, CBX Currency Converter is worth a try.
- Bitcoin currency support
- Supports more than 94 currencies
- Displays country flags for easy navigation
- Showcases the currency converter and live exchange rates
- Displays up to 20 currencies at the same time
- Sets the default currency and the amount for calculator
Pricing: It comes at a base price of $25. This plan includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Multi-Currency for WooCommerce is a powerful currency switcher plugin that allows you to display a currency switcher on your WooCommerce store.
Once you configure the plugin, your customers can switch currencies and recalculate rates on-the-fly. With this WooCommerce plugin, you can add a custom drop-down currency switcher where your visitors can choose their preferred currency.
If you’re looking for a reliable currency switcher plugin, this plugin is worth a try.
- Easy to use and configure
- Allows customers to pay in their selected currency
- Showcases the recalculated price immediately
- You can add a currency switcher using shortcode or widget
Pricing: Single website license costs $79/yearly and includes one year of support and updates.
SUMO WooCommerce Currency Switcher is a premium currency switcher plugin that comes with a variety of superb features. Using this plugin, you can add a currency switcher option to your WooCommerce store. It offers a floating currency selector for your visitors to use in order to switch the price.
This plugin enables your visitors to view the prices of products in their preferred currency. However, your visitors can make the actual payment in the store’s default currency. It also automatically updates the local currency based on the IP addresses of your visitors.
SUMO offers three built-in widgets:
- Currency switcher widget
- Currency exchange rate widget
- Currency conversion widget
The exchange rates for the currencies can be calculated either automatically and manually. It also sends emails notification whenever the exchange rates get updated. This plugin seamlessly integrates with all major payment gateways.
- Floating currency selector
- Lets you configure the initial currency for users
- Enables visitors to switch to their preferred currency
- Lets you customize the exchange rate update frequency
- Send email notification whenever currency rates get updated
- Option to restricts certain payment gateways to specific currencies
Pricing: The basic plan costs $59 for a single website and includes future updates and six months of customer support.
Conclusion: What Are the Top Woocommerce Currency Switcher Plugins?
This was our list of the best WooCommerce currency switcher plugins that offer multi-currency options to your visitors. Adding any of these plugins to your store is a great way to skyrocket your sales and conversion rates.
If you have any questions regarding these WooCommerce currency switcher plugins, feel free to let us know in the comments section below.
We hope that this post was helpful in finding a useful currency switcher plugin for your WooCommerce store.
If this post helped you, kindly share it on social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
More WooCommerce Plugin Guide:
- Best WooCommerce Product Slider Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Point of Sale Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Gift Card Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing and Discounts Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Booking and Appointment Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Subscription Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Category Accordion Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Search Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Points and Rewards Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Request a Quote Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Catalog Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Product Filter Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Product Designer Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Shipping Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Multi Vendor Plugins
- Top WooCommerce Affiliate Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Inventory Management Plugins
- Top WooCommerce Review Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Dropshipping Plugins
- Top WooCommerce Wishlist Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Social Media Plugins
- Top WordPress WooCommerce Plugins
- Best WooCommerce Coupon Plugins
- YITH WooCommerce Wishlist Review
- WooCommerce Memberships Review