Choosing a web hosting provider is a nerve-wracking task. To surf through various web-hosting providers, multiple reviews that leave you super confused, numerous articles, and feedback, we genuinely understand how exhausting it is.
Most users come down to choosing Bluehost as their ultimate web hosting service, and there are hundreds of reasons behind Bluehost as people’s number one choice.
There are many mixed reviews on the internet about Bluehost, which is precisely why we have written an unbiased Bluehost review.
We have been hosting our website with Bluehost, and we decided it would be a perfect chance to write out our experience and some of the facts about Bluehost so that you are not stuck and left hanging with the mixed reviews.
To cut it short, Bluehost offers a reliable web hosting experience with a pile of robust features and freebies. Without further due, let us dive straight into a detailed Bluehost review so you can decide whether Bluehost is your pick or not.
Here’s a quick index to help you navigate this article:
So, let’s dive in.
Bluehost: In a Nutshell
If there is one name that is extremely popular in the world of WordPress, it is Bluehost.
Bluehost is an ancient web hosting provider that has been providing one of the best web hosting services since 1996, and it is continually improving with each update.
You can check out our Bluehost coupon to get an exclusive discount on Bluehost.
Over the years, Bluehost has hosted thousands of websites with its ultra-fast servers. Bluehost offers various web hosting services such as cloud hosting, WordPress hosting, shared hosting, VPS hosting, and more.
Bluehost walks the fine line between providing the best features and the best price. Their 24/7 expert solutions have received great praise from their users.
Their plans start from $2.95/month and include all the necessary features, such as free domain name, unmetered traffic, free website builder, free SSL, and more awesome features that we will explain in further depth below.
Overall, Bluehost is one of the best web hosting providers with top-notch security services, high-speed optimized servers, reliable support, and documentation, all with affordable pricing.
Bluehost Key Features
Bluehost has gained a significant amount of goodwill over the years. They are one of the recommended web hosting providers by WordPress because of some of their targeted features. Let us have a look at the features that Bluehost offers.
- Staging environment: Build your website with full confidence with the help of the WordPress staging area. With the help of the staging area, you can test your site and make any changes before your audience views it. This feature also lets you see how your website looks to your audience.
- Automatic updates: For more security of your account and website, your website must stay updated regularly. With your busy schedule, you might miss updates and encounter problems with safety and performance. That is why Bluehost offers automatic updates.
- Free domain name: Bluehost provides a complimentary domain name for the first year as a freebie to its users.
- Microsoft 365: To gain more recognition, Bluehost lets you create Microsoft email accounts with your domain name. With the help of Microsoft 365, you can access your email account from any location.
- Premium WordPress Themes: As soon as you create your account, you can take the help of hundreds of beautiful WordPress themes that represent you and your website accurately. You can switch between the themes in a few seconds and create a unique design for your website.
- Marketing center: Bluehost allows you to monitor your marketing performance from the marketing center.
- Ecommerce: It is easy to set up your online store within a few minutes with the help of Bluehost. Bluehost offers the best security options for your eCommerce website. You also get $200 worth of marketing credits.
- Marketing Credits: Bluehost offers free marketing credit worth $200 for Google Ads and Microsoft advertising on all plans.
- Access Control: Rather than a general password, you can create a unique password and restrict access to your account.
- Unlimited email account: Become more professional by creating email accounts with your domain name for free with any Bluehost plan. You do not have to pay any additional pennies to create your email account. However, if you go for the startup plan, you get a limited number of email accounts.
Bluehost Speed & Performance
We always keep speed as one of the most important parameters when selecting a web host. We live in a Google era where everything happens within the blink of an eye.
Due to such drastic and super fast experiences offered on the internet, people have become impatient, and they generally switch to alternatives if your website does not load quickly.
Bluehost offers one of the fastest web hosting experiences. How? Let us have a brief look below.
Uniform Performance and the Best Uptime
Many web hosts offer fast performance in the beginning and then slow down with time. Bluehost stays true to its word and offers one of the best uptimes of 99.99% throughout your entire hosting experience.
As Bluehost promises an uptime of 99.99%, it does not slow down when it comes to performance and speed.
Bluehost offers a sense of relief with their constant and robust uptime. Compared to other web hosting providers on the market, Bluehost is genuinely one of the fastest in terms of uptime. Spikes in traffic will not affect performance either.
One of the Fastest Page Loading Times
After an excellent speed, Bluehost does not disappoint when it comes to page loading times. Other providers, on average, load sites within 3 seconds.
The average page loading time of Bluehost is less than half a second.
Yes, you read it correctly. Some various tests and results prove that Bluehost indeed provides a fast page loading time, which makes them one of the fastest web hosting providers on our lists.
Even though Bluehost does not openly say the number of data centers they have across the globe, our research found that they have around six data centers at various locations that are working day and night to give you the best speed.
Their data centers are located in Asia, the United Kingdom, and the USA. All of these servers provide outstanding speed.
Bluehost is bound to give you one of the fastest web hosting experiences by hosting your website to the nearest data center of your targeted audience.
Overall, Bluehost has been serving our website exceptionally well in terms of speed, and up till now, we have not encountered issues of severe downtime or slow servers. You can rely on Bluehost for a speedy web hosting experience.
Is Bluehost User Friendly?
Bluehost makes everything super easy. Bluehost offers an easy to use control panel. The cPanel includes all the icons on your screen, and all it takes is just one click to go where you want to.
Bluehost allocates all the resources at a place and keeps things organized. You can handle your website and multiple email addresses from one location.
The cPanel is customizable, which means that you can change, edit, and re-do the layout of the panel according to your preferences to get quick access to the necessary features.
If you are a novice, Bluehost will be your best buddy throughout the entire process. Website building and managing options are incredibly flexible for non-technical people with Bluehost’s user-friendly interface.
You can use the Weebly or Drupal website builder tools to start with a unique template for a quick set up.
The dashboard is compelling and provides all the required options in one place. You can view your traffic, manage social media, and more, right from your panel.
Bluehost Customer Support: Reliable or?
Even the greatest get stuck due to new technologies and patterns that are introduced daily. For that, having support is one of the most critical aspects.
Bluehost understands the need to have someone to guide you throughout the process, and therefore, Bluehost offers multiple resources for support.
As a beginner, you will need assistance at each step. Bluehost has a library of blogs and articles, video tutorials, and a step-by-step guide as a part of their support. You can solve your tiniest issues by going through these various resources.
Bluehost follows a personal approach by providing its customers with help via live chat 24/7. Bluehost also includes phone support during business hours, from 10 AM to 10 PM.
Pricing Plans Offered by Bluehost
Bluehost offers multiple hosting plans such as shared, VPS, WordPress, dedicated, WooCommerce, and more. Let us have a detailed look at various programs offered by Bluehost.
- WordPress Hosting: WordPress hosting is fully managed web hosting for WordPress websites offered by Bluehost. These plans protect your WordPress websites against all the threats and give you a perfect blend of affordability and flexibility. The plans start from $19.95/month. The plan comes with an easy to use dashboard, blazing fast servers, and top-notch security options.
- Shared Hosting: These packages are perfect for beginners who are just starting their website and need an ideal web hosting solution for their site. You get a robust platform with unmetered bandwidth on all the plans starting at only $2.95/month. You get good security options and high speed optimized servers.
- VPS Hosting: Virtual private server or VPS Hosting lets you virtually dedicate various resources. It is merely an upgrade to the shared hosting starting from $18.92/month.
- Dedicated Hosting: Dedicated hosting plans are made for websites that require ultra-fast performance and control over their websites. You do not have to share your resources with other sites; instead, you will have a dedicated server to yourself. However, the only drawback of this plan is that you will have to take full control over the management of your website. The plan starts at $79.99/month, and it is most suitable for large business owners who expect high traffic.
Which Bluehost Plan is Best for You?
Bluehost offers various plans at different pricing, which can leave you in a state of confusion regarding which plan is the best for your website and which is not. Call us your savior, because we have got your back even with selecting the best plan for you!
Our recommended plan is a Shared web hosting plan. Shared hosting is a perfect solution for beginners as it offers some of the best features at extremely affordable pricing.
Shared hosting has three different plans, fitting all types of websites. Let us have a look at these plans below.
- Basic: The primary plan starts at $2.95/month. You can host one website with this plan. You get 50GB storage, creation of up to 5 email accounts, 25 sub-domains, a free domain name for a year, and more. The basic plan offers excellent quality speed, fast page loading times, and less downtime.
- Plus: The Plus plan lets you host unlimited websites with Bluehost. You can create unlimited email accounts with your domain name and unlimited bandwidth and webspace. The plans start at $5.45/month and renew at $10.99/month.
- Choice plus: Choice plus is the most recommended Bluehost plan. The original plan is the best plan among them all. It comes with features of both primary and plus plans, along with additional useful features such as domain privacy, site backup, free SSL, and more. The price is the same as plus, $5.45/month, but it renews at $14.99/month.
- Pro: The pro plan provides the highest performance compared to all the other plans. Instead of one, you get two spam experts. This plan is a perfect combination of the plus and choice plus plan. You get a dedicated IP with the Pro plan along with 30 free days of Microsoft 365 mailbox. It starts at $13.95/month and renews at $23.99/month.
Does Bluehost Offer Any Money Back Guarantee?
Bluehost is one of the most reliable host providers. Bluehost offers a particular service that you will find everything that your website needs in their plans.
However, after trying out Bluehost, if you do not observe changes or see a lack of mentioned features, you can apply for the 30-day money-back guarantee.
The refund policy has its terms and conditions, such as the fees of the domain name are non-refundable. $15.99 will be deducted as a domain fee in your plan.
If you decide to cancel after 30 days, you will not get the amount back for the remaining period, like with other hosting providers.
Bluehost Pros & Cons
Most of the time, what you read is not exactly what you get. Everything has its drawbacks, especially web hosting service providers. Even though Bluehost is proudly one of the most reliable and safe web hosting providers, it has certain disadvantages.
Before you make a purchase, you must do your complete research and learn about the drawbacks that are going to be followed with multiple advantages.
Pros of Bluehost
- Affordable pricing: Bluehost offers prices starting from $2.75/month. As a beginner, you might not want to invest a lot in web hosting. Therefore, Bluehost offers you an affordable hosting package that will fit your budget and make your website successful.
- Free SSL: No matter which plans you decide to go for, you will have free SSL certification on all the plans.
- Zero hidden fees: Many hosting providers catch your eye with their low pricing, but later, when you are checking out, they add additional hidden charges. With Bluehost, you will leave that worry behind because you pay what you see, without any faux low-priced clickbait.
- Top-notch security: Your protection should be placed above the money. Therefore, Bluehost offers several security tools that keep your website safe and far away from various threats. There is constant monitoring of your website to detect any risks that are approaching your website. With SiteLock, your website defends against all unwelcome guests before they arrive at your site.
- Reliability: Bluehost offers one of the best loading times and ultra-fast speed, which makes it a reliable hosting provider. Another feature that makes Bluehost reliable is their customer support and documentation services.
- Unmetered bandwidth: Nothing is stopping your website from becoming one of the fastest-growing sites. Bluehost understands the need to be the best website and generate money. Therefore, they do not become an obstacle and ask for additional bandwidth charges. On all the plans, you get unmetered bandwidth. This feature can save you a lot of money.
- Officially recommended by WordPress: We all trust WordPress when it comes to site-building. WordPress believes Bluehost as a reliable and secure web hosting provider. Bluehost has already gained a massive trust by people across the globe.
Cons of Bluehost
- High Renewal charges: This is one of the standard practices used by web-hosting providers, and Bluehost does the same. When you are starting your web hosting experience with Bluehost, the prices are cheaper to attract you, but as soon as your term ends, the renewal charges are almost double the amount you pay in the beginning.
- No free site migration: unfortunately, Bluehost charges money for site migration. If you want to migrate your website from another hosting provider to Bluehost, you will have to pay a one-time fee of, $144.99, which will give you migration for five sites, along with all the databases of your files.
Bluehost Review: The Final Verdict
After reading all the details about Bluehost, you must be wondering, do we recommend Bluehost to people?
The answer is yes, we do. Bluehost makes web hosting peaceful and less troublesome. You get several support options from the Bluehost team, which assures you of the reliability and safety of your website.
Bluehost offers some of the best features, such as a free domain, free marketing credits, WooCommerce integration, and it is suitable for websites of all niches.
You can never go wrong with Bluehost. Even if you face any difficulties, you can apply for a refund with their 30-day money-back guarantee. Moreover, it provides a smooth performance, which helps in improving your SEO ranking and traffic.
Especially with its extremely easy to use cPanel, we would surely recommend novices and advanced users go for Bluehost without any worries.
We hope our Bluehost review helped decide your web hosting provider for you. Let us know which is the best feature of Bluehost in the comment section below.
Other Hosting Guides:
- SiteGround Review
- SiteGround vs WP Engine
- SiteGround vs Bluehost
- SiteGround vs A2 Hosting
- SiteGround vs DreamHost
- Best Web Hosting for Blogs
- Best Web Hosting Providers
- Best WooCommerce Hosting
- Best Web Hosting Providers for Beginners
- Best WordPress Hosting Providers
- Best Web Hosting for Small Business
- Best Cheap Web Hosting Plans for Bloggers
Leave a Reply