Bluehost and HostGator are two reliable web hosting solutions available, featuring outstanding performance, speed, and customer support.
If you’re still on the fence about choosing between Bluehost and HostGator, we’re here to help.
Bluehost vs HostGator is one of the most challenging decisions. As easy as the website building sounds, it is an opposite situation when it comes to choosing a hosting provider that suits your website niche and fits all your needs perfectly.
However, when you have an idea about what you are expecting from your web hosting provider, selecting your pick is easy.
Bluehost and HostGator both offer quality features, such as great uptime, security, free domain name, and a lot more.
We have featured an in-depth Bluehost vs HostGator comparison to help you get an insider’s view into these web hosting providers.
Even though both of them have their unique features and solutions, we have examined some of the essential features that you need from a web hosting provider.
Here’s a quick index to help you navigate this article:
Let us dive into the details.
Bluehost vs HostGator: Brief Overview
Bluehost Overview: The Best Web Hosting
Bluehost is one of the most popular web hosting providers that has been serving an excellent web hosting experience to millions of users all around the world.
Bluehost is one of those web hosting providers that offer a cheap web hosting plan with enough features that will help you take your website to a new level.
Check out our Bluehost coupon to get an exclusive discount on Bluehost’s hosting plans.
Unlike other hosting providers, Bluehost is built for the success of your website. You get free marketing credits and various tools that help you scale your site and grow further.
Bluehost has significantly created a considerable impact on the market because of its scalability, extremely essential features, and promising uptime, all of which make it one of the most reliable web hosting providers.
Let us put a spotlight on the key elements that Bluehost offers.
- Be your own boss by creating your own fully customizable websites.
- Bluehost is officially recommended by WordPress, which automatically builds trust towards the hosting provider.
- Bluehost offers fast page loading times and minimum downtime to provide you the best performance.
- Bluehost is not limited to only WordPress Hosting. Bluehost offers dedicated, cloud hosting, VPS hosting, and WordPress. You can switch between the hosting services according to your scale and needs at any time.
HostGator Overview: Excellent Web Hosting Provider
HostGator is an excellent web hosting provider that provides an array of essential plans for various users and business owners.
Being one of the oldest web hosting providers, it is continuously improving by delivering the best performance. HostGator offers affordable pricing plans with some of the most useful features to make your website better.
HostGator offers a wide range of tools, from building your website to several templates that will help your site to get a unique design.
In case you stumble while making your website, HostGator has your back 24/7 through its various support platforms.
One of the best parts that attract us the most towards HostGator is that there is no commitment or long-term agreement on their plans. Let us have a look at some of the features that makes HostGator a fantastic web host.
- Excellent security options to keep your website safe and sound from several attacks and threats that can come from anywhere at any time.
- Easy to use control panel allows you to view the analytics of your website so that you can keep track of progress.
- HostGator offers various easy to install applications to get your website started quickly.
- To help you grow, HostGator offers essential marketing tools to build and manage your website hassle-free.
Bluehost vs HostGator: Key Features & Benefits
With excellent uptime and speed, your website needs additional features that will make things smoother for you.
When choosing a web hosting provider, you should always keep a keen eye on the features that are offered, because these features will shape your website in a completely new form.
Even though the host providers offer great features, some of them will not be as useful to you as to someone else.
To cut it short, features are unique and helpful according to your needs. However, Bluehost and HostGator offer numerous features that fit all kinds of niches.
Since we cannot put down all the features, we have listed some of the most useful features that Bluehost and HostGator offer.
- Scalability: You can start with the cheapest plan that fits your website and upgrade to pro plans as you grow. Bluehost allows you to improve within a few clicks.
- Multiple marketing credits: No matter how basic or pro your plan is, you get various Google and Microsoft ad credits that will help your website to do better in terms of marketing.
- Free domain name: You do not have to go anywhere else to get a domain name. Bluehost is an all-in-one solution, as it gives you a free domain for the first year. Later the domain fee is chargeable.
- Bandwidth: Nothing is stopping you from achieving your goals. Bluehost is an excellent supporter. Even on the least expensive plan, you get unmetered bandwidth.
- WP Pro: if you are using a WordPress website, upgrading to WP Pro is a no brainer. You get all the management tools, analytics, backups, and more in one place.
- Thirty-day Money-back Guarantee: Bluehost offers a traditional 30 day money-back guarantee on all the plans. However, you cannot apply for a refund after 30 days, and the refund amount does not include the domain fee.
- Drag and drop builder: The HostGator website builder lets you choose from various beautiful themes to craft your website on your own, without any hassles. You can set up a unique-looking website quickly with a drag and drop tool.
- Bandwidth: There is no limit on bandwidth. HostGator does not take additional charges from you or restrict you when it comes to broadband.
- Forty-five-day Money-back Guarantee: HostGator gives you a 45-day money-back guarantee on all their plans. If you are unsatisfied with the services, you can apply for a refund at any time within 45 days, and your amount will be refunded without any questions.
- Easy to install WordPress: installing WordPress and other applications are extremely easy with HostGator. You can install WordPress with one click.
- Latest and powerful cPanel: HostGator is built by keeping beginners in mind, and therefore, they offer an easy to use cPanel with multiple tools that will make managing and site-building convenient for you.
- Free website transfer: HostGator offers a free site migration on all plans. If you are planning to switch from your old host to HostGator, you can do it for free and with ease.
Bluehost and HostGator offer excellent features. Some of the features are pretty equal to each other, while some of them are opposite. Both of them provide some of the best features that your website needs. Therefore, it is a tie for this round.
Bluehost vs HostGator: Performance and Speed
Performance and speed are one of the biggest concerns of any website owner.
The rate that your web hosting provider offers impacts the overall performance of your website, and that is why users always prefer speed as one of the most critical parameters.
Speed and performance are one of the most important parameters when we search for a web hosting provider.
Coming to Bluehost vs HostGator, let us have a look at the various speed features that they both offer.
To develop a decent amount of goodwill, you need a reliable uptime. Bluehost and HostGator are working hard always to deliver the best uptime for your website.
To make sure your website is available to your audience whenever they demand, HostGator and Bluehost have stood on their feet to provide maximum uptime.
Getting 100% uptime is not always possible. However, Bluehost offers an uninterrupted uptime of 99.98% on average, while HostGator, its competition, offers 99.99% uptime, slightly higher than Bluehost.
The performance consistency is a crucial aspect, and Bluehost and HostGator stay true to their word by bringing uniformity in performance.
Bluehost does not openly disclose its data center locations.
However, they do have data centers spread across various parts of the world that connect your website to the nearest data centers, which are near to your targeted audience. Their primary data center is located in the USA.
HostGator has four data centers in Texas and Utah. They have some of the finest data centers and give you the utmost flexibility in your operations. HostGator offers fast page loading time with the help of these data centers.
Content Delivery Network (CDN)
Bluehost provides a Content delivery network that is powered by Cloudflare technology. Cloudflare makes sure that your audience is routed through the global network for faster content delivery.
CDN also makes sure you receive fast and upfront performance.
HostGator does not hold back on presenting a faster performance. Like Bluehost, HostGator also makes sure that your content is delivered faster with the help of Cloudflare CDN.
Bluehost and HostGator, both offer SSD (solid-state drives) rather than the slow traditional drives to boost up the speed of your website and ensure your audience experiences smooth website surfing.
Both Bluehost and HostGator are working hard to deliver an excellent uptime for your website. However, there’s a slight difference in the performance and speed offered by Bluehost.
The loading times for Bluehost remain constant and non-fluctuating, making it the winner of this round.
Bluehost vs HostGator: Ease of Use
A simple and easy to use dashboard makes managing processes a lot easier. If your web host does not offer an easy to use interface, it can lead to more complexity in managing your website.
If you are a beginner, you are more likely to switch to another host if the web hosting provider offers sophisticated and tech-high features which you are unable to grasp.
You can leave this worry behind as Bluehost offers a simple and user-friendly dashboard. Rather than searching for various options at different places, the panel contains all the required features right in front of your screen.
Bluehost offers a Weebly site builder, which makes your site-building process much more comfortable and operational.
Bluehost offers one of the most easy to control panels, cPanel. You can add layouts and remove them any time, according to your preferences, making it completely customizable.
HostGator, on the other hand, also offers a beginner-friendly interface. You get their built-in drag and drop page builder, along with a wide range of themes to get started quickly.
HostGator offers some features that make managing and building your site accessible. However, when it comes to deciding a winner, Bluehost wins over HostGator with its powerful and easy interface.
Bluehost vs HostGator: Security Features
Security cannot be compromised for your website. It is one of the essential requirements that users search for. As the phrase goes, “precaution is better than cure.”
Your host providers should always keep your website on the safer side by taking precautions. Your site should always be prepared to face bad situations by a web host that can fix them for you.
When it comes to security, backups play an essential role. Bluehost offers automatic backups on the higher plans. You have the liberty to schedule the reserves according to your desires.
You can go for weekly, daily, or monthly backups. No matter the plan you go for, you can create your backups with the help of Bluehost
HostGator allows automatic creation of weekly backups. If you are a fan of doing things on your own, HostGator will enable you to make manual backups instantly.
When you go for WordPress plans, you can upgrade to CodeGuard to create automatic backups for all your websites.
Having an SSL certificate is essential. Therefore, Bluehost offers free SSL on all plans. HostGator also offers a free SSL certificate on all their plans.
There are various kinds of SSL certificates that you can purchase, such as wildcard, company validated, multi-domain, and extended validation.
With Bluehost, malware scanning is a paid upgrade. SiteLock is an add-on that offers spam monitoring, which means that it regularly checks your website to protect it from getting spammed unnecessarily; you are provided with daily scanning.
Another critical feature by Bluehost is the Site Doctor, which quickly detects and prevents any problems that occur because of malware.
An additional security feature that comes along is DDoS protection. It is quite impossible to detect DDoS attacks before happening.
However, Bluehost promises that they will provide all the necessary security as much as possible and restore your data/services quickly.
HostGator has also made a partnership with SiteLock to offer you one of the most regular malware scans.
HostGator offers HackAlert monitoring that comes in handy and checks your website daily and immediately notifies you of any threat that your site might face.
HostGator states that it protects against DDoS attacks. Additional security options include custom firewall rules that protect from various internet attacks.
Bluehost vs HostGator: Price Battle | Which One is Affordable
Be it a beginner or the best player of the game, pricing matters for every user. People are willing to pay higher prices when there is value for their money.
Web hosting providers often have cheap pricing plans in the beginning to attract customers and then change it to 4x more than their introductory pricing when it’s time to renew, which creates an uneven impact on users.
Let us have a look at the pricing and plans of Bluehost and HostGator.
Bluehost offers several web hosting plans, and the prices are different for different web hosting services.
In this section, we are going to compare the cheapest plans of both of the web hosting providers, both of which are shared web hosting plans.
Bluehost Shared Web Hosting Plans
There are four plans offered by Bluehost currently:
- Basic – $2.95/month: The basic plan is perfect for starting out with Bluehost with the most affordable pricing. This plan provides unmetered bandwidth, 50GB storage, and lets you host one website. You get standard performance with this plan.
- Plus – $5.45: Plus plan offers standard performance. You can host unlimited websites on their servers with this plan, along with unlimited storage and unlimited bandwidth. You get a significant amount of features with this plan, and it’s best suited to users who expect small to medium traffic on their site.
- Choice Plus – $5.45/month: The choice plus plan is one of the most recommended plans out of the four. This plan is currently discounted. You get all the features of the Plus plan, along with some other beneficial features, such as unlimited domains, unlimited sub-domains, domain privacy, and more.
- Pro – $13.95/month: Pro plan is best suited for large business owners who prefer shared web hosting with some of the best features. The Plus program offers one of the best performances because it offers a dedicated IP for you.
Hostgator Shared Web Hosting Plans
HostGator offers three plans for shared web hosting. They are as follows.
- Hatchling Plan – $2.75/month: This is the cheapest plan offered by HostGator. You can host one website. You get a free SSL certificate, free domain name, and more features.
- Baby plan – $3.95/month: This plan is the recommended plan by HostGator. You get unlimited domains, Free SSL certifications, and more features.
- Business Plan – $5.95/month: As the name says, this plan is best for large business owners who expect heavy traffic on their website. You get free SEO tools, upgraded SSL certificates, and more premium features that your business needs to perform exceptionally well on the internet.
However, if you are considering numbers, Bluehost offers cheap web hosting plans comparatively. The renewal cost might change once you have completed your term of the license.
However, one of the most comfortable ways to lock in this cheap deal is by going for a long term plan. This can be a boon or bane situation for you.
Overall, Bluehost and HostGator offer decent and affordable pricing plans, but when it comes to counting every penny, Bluehost is our pick for affordable web hosting plans.
Bluehost vs HostGator: Customer Support
Having an excellent customer support team is crucial when it comes to web hosting. Only the web hosting provider can give you the best solutions for all your problems to keep your blog functioning correctly.
Bluehost and HostGator both offer some of the best customer support available, as they are available 24/7 via call and live chat. With Bluehost, there is a slight difference when it comes to calling support.
You can only get in touch with them from 10 AM to 10 PM. At other times, you can get instant support through their live chat.
HostGator, on the other hand, offers 24/7 support via call. However, both of them lack ticketing support, which could be a drawback for many users.
Bluehost offers premium support through their ‘Knowledgebase’ and several video tutorials to guide users through various aspects of Bluehost. In contrast, HostGator offers user forums that are filled with several guides that cover all your needs.
Bluehost vs HostGator: The Final Verdict
Every person has their own goals and dreams regarding their websites.
Some people’s source of income directly comes from their website, and that is why they have to dedicate their soul to site-building and to choose the best web hosting provider.
Every user has different requirements for their hosting provider. However, when it comes to the world of website building, there are some standard features, such as security, speed, customer support, and more that you are going to emphasize.
Keeping that in mind, we wrote this comparison between Bluehost and HostGator.
If you are looking for a trustworthy web hosting provider that offers reliable performance, we would recommend going with Bluehost.
It not only comes at affordable pricing, but it also provides plenty of resources and additional freebies that will come in handy when building and managing your website.
In the end, you are the boss, and you decide what the best choice is for you.
We hope we made the decision between Bluehost and HostGator easier for you with our head-to-head comparison.
Let us know which host provider attracted you the most with their features and which web hosting provider you are picking as your best friend in the comment section below.
Other Hosting Guides:
- SiteGround Review
- Bluehost Review
- SiteGround vs WP Engine
- SiteGround vs Bluehost
- SiteGround vs A2 Hosting
- SiteGround vs DreamHost
- Best Web Hosting for Blogs
- Best Web Hosting Providers
- Best WooCommerce Hosting
- Best Web Hosting Providers for Beginners
- Best WordPress Hosting Providers
- Best Web Hosting for Small Business
- Best Cheap Web Hosting Plans for Bloggers
Leave a Reply