DigitalOcean is popular thanks to its ability to provide stable cloud hosting at a reasonable price. As a cloud infrastructure provider, it offers a reliable and unique hosting solution.
However, with an increasing number of competitors offering exceptional features, more storage options, and cheaper prices, it’s worth looking for DigitalOcean alternatives.
If you need a quick solution, we recommend SiteGround as the best all-round DigitalOcean alternative. SiteGround offers you managed cloud hosting with robust features, the highest performance, and best security.
There could be numerous reasons why you’re looking for the Top DigitalOcean alternatives.
No matter what your reason is, our curated list of the best DigitalOcean alternatives will point you towards a provider that offers a reliable, fast, and affordable hosting experience.
Our goal with this article is to provide you with the best alternatives without any biased opinions.
We have reviewed the best cloud hosting providers, comparing their features and pricing so that you can pick the best DigitalOcean alternative for yourself.
|SiteGround||Best DigitalOcean Alternatives||$80/month|
|A2 Hosting||Best for Cheapest Pricing||$5/month|
|Vultr||Reliable DigitalOcean Alternative||$2.50/month|
|Linode||Best for Performance and Speed||$5/month|
|CloudWays||Most Beginner-friendly Alternative||$10/month|
Here’s a quick index to help you navigate this article:
Without wasting more time, let’s dive into the details!
Top DigitalOcean Alternatives: Overview
If you are in a rush and can’t make it until the end of the article, here is a brief overview of each hosting provider’s strengths so that you can make your decision right away.
Our list contains all the best alternatives to DigitalOcean that offer affordable pricing. Let us have a look at the Top DigitalOcean alternatives:
- SiteGround: Best for beginners looking for an intuitive interface and quick setup. Check our detailed SiteGround review to get detailed insights.
- A2 Hosting: Best for users who are on a budget and who need similar features at a cheaper price.
- Vultr: Best for users looking for a reliable DigitalOcean alternative.
- Linode: Best for users looking for a CPU-oriented DigitalOcean alternative with the best performance and speed.
- CloudWays: Best for users looking for the most beginner-friendly alternative, as well as top-notch security features.
Reasons to look for Top DigitalOcean Alternatives
DigitalOcean’s primary focus is on developers, and because their service is perfectly designed for developers, DigitalOcean tends to think that their users are already aware of what they’re doing.
This means that managing your site can become tricky unless you’re a technical person. Let’s take a look at the cons of DigitalOcean, so you can judge the alternatives and know what you’re searching for!
- DigitalOcean does not offer cPanel, which makes managing processes more time-consuming and confusing for beginners. It lets you download CMS like WordPress to manage your site easily, but unless you’re tech-savvy, you’re going to struggle in this area.
- If your priority is having good customer support, you’re going to be disappointed with DigitalOcean. Unless you pay for premium support, the support offered by the experts is limited. Additionally, there’s no live chat or phone support.
- DigitalOcean does not offer any kind of Windows hosting to its users, which can be a drawback.
- DigitalOcean often comes in for criticism for being expensive. Since there are plenty of more affordable alternatives with better features, it’s worth thinking about if you’re prepared to pay a higher price for the same service.
- If you’re looking for risk-free purchase, DigitalOcean might disappoint. DigitalOcean does not offer any money-back guarantee. Once you pay, there’s no going back.
Top 5 DigitalOcean Alternatives to Choose in 2021
Below is our handpicked list of the best DigitalOcean alternatives.
1. SiteGround – Best DigitalOcean Alternatives
SiteGround is a reliable web hosting provider that offers a wide range of hosting plans. SiteGround gives you the freedom to choose shared hosting, VPS hosting, cloud hosting, and more at a reasonable price.
The web hosting provider offers managed cloud hosting at the more expensive end of the scale. However, if you can afford the cloud hosting, it is worth the money.
SiteGround takes care of all the technical aspects, which makes your work more comfortable and less time-consuming.
With managed cloud hosting, you also get the ability to host other people on your cloud account and automatic scalability.
The most significant selling point of SiteGround is its quality: the speed that it provides is unbeatable. Another major selling point is excellent customer support. Their experts are available 24/7 to solve your queries.
- SiteGround facilitates the smooth management of sub-accounts, and its account management user interface is powerful. You can host multiple accounts under your cloud account and allow each user to access their control panel at no additional cost.
- The cloud hosting by SiteGround offers powerful resources that are optimized for speed and efficiency, which delivers top-notch performance for your site. SiteGround also provides dynamic caching and free CDN for increased performance, which helps when your users are spread globally.
- When it comes to security, SiteGround is exceptional. For every domain that SiteGround detects, it automatically downloads a Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate. Furthermore, the security system offered by the hosting provider is extremely secure and keeps you well protected from all potential threats.
- SiteGround provides free daily backups. Your site is backed up daily and seven offsite copies retained. You can restore your backups with just a click. Moreover, you can backup your data whenever you want at a click of a button.
- To keep things simple, SiteGround provides you with a dedicated IP on your cloud account without asking for additional charges.
SiteGround gives you four plans to choose from. Prices range from $80/month to $240/month. Check our SiteGround coupon to get an exclusive discount on SiteGround hosting now.
2. A2 Hosting – Best for Cheapest Pricing
A2 Hosting provides cloud VPS hosting. If you have not been working in WordPress for too long, A2 Hosting is the best bet for your site.
A2 Hosting provides high-performance Sift Servers with SSD drives that deliver 300x faster performance than the traditional drives. A2 Hosting also offers Turbo servers that provide up to 20x faster performance.
The critical takeaway of A2 Hosting is the speed that it provides. It allows you to design your cloud and scale everything exactly as you need. Additionally, if you ever run into trouble, their Guru Crew customer support is just a call away, 24/7.
A2 Hosting also offers various hosting solutions, and you can switch between multiple hosting solutions whenever you need them. Put simply, A2 Hosting is a reliable, high powered, scalable, and developer-friendly DigitalOcean alternative.
- A2 Hosting is exceptionally flexible. With Quick Start Cloud Hosting, you can get started straight away. Rather than giving you confusing instructions and pricing plans, A2 Hosting lets you quickly choose what you need using its configuration tool and get started immediately.
- One of the best selling points of A2 Hosting is their unbeatable money-back guarantee. While most of the hosting providers will settle for traditional money-back guarantees, A2 Hosting provides an anytime money-back guarantee for a risk-free cloud hosting.
- A2 Hosting takes customization to a step further. You can customize your cloud account with your choice of Linux hosting system.
- As a developer, your work will involve some trial and error, which can affect your overall performance. A2 Hosting provides a 99.9% uptime commitment backed by the best hosting dependability.
- Additional features of A2 Hosting include free SSL, perpetual security, one-click software installer, and more. A2 Hosting offers ultra-reliable cloud hosting and excellent in-house customer support via multiple channels.
Since A2 Hosting follows a pay-as-you-go method, the basic entry for cloud hosting plans ranges from $5/month to $15/month. Check our A2 Hosting coupon to get an exclusive discount on A2 Hosting now.
3. Vultr – Reliable DigitalOcean Alternative
Vultr is one of the best alternatives to DigitalOcean due to its reliable performance and the fact it offers the same attractive features at cheaper prices than DigitalOcean.
Unlike DigitalOcean, Vultr provides an intuitive user interface with easy installation of tons of useful applications. Another significant difference is that Vultr has 17 locations globally, which boosts your speed.
Although the basic plan is perfect for beginners, as soon as your site starts attracting the traffic you can quickly and easily upgrade without any trouble. Vultr offers excellent flexibility and scalable plans with excellent customer support.
- One of the critical features of Vultr is its excellent location coverage. It has over 17 data centers on four different continents, whereas DigitalOcean has substantially fewer. Vultr deploys projects on a global scale with blazing-fast performance, so you do not have to worry about your site facing performance issues.
- Vultr provides an easy-to-use interface that’s beginner-friendly. Also, the dashboard is perfectly designed for team management. From there you can check your server’s health, API access, and handle the team’s tasks.
- Privacy and security is Vultr’s biggest concern. You can choose from multiple add-ons such as firewalls, backups, DDoS protection, and more.
- Cloud hosting is multi-device, which means you can manage your server on type of any device, be it mobile, tablets, desktops, or others.
- Vultr provides multiple options tailored to your needs, such as cloud computing, block storage, Dedicated Cloud, and Bare Metal. The plans come with SSD drives to deliver the fastest speed along with one-click deploy.
Prices range from $2.50/month to $640/month, depending on what’s included in the plan.
However, unless your website is for a very large business you’re unlikely to need the top-price plans. $2.50/month is ideal for small to medium business owners.
4. Linode – Best for Performance and Speed
Linode is one of the oldest hosting providers; they’ve been serving thousands of users globally with their exceptionally good service for over 15 years.
Linode offers unmanaged cloud hosting, which makes it a competitive alternative to DigitalOcean. Linode gives you the option to choose between 11 data centers – two more data centers than DigitalOcean.
Due to their many similarities, Linode and DigitalOcean are natural competitors. Linode offers robust tools to deploy and scale up faster and easier. They invest heavily in hardware to deliver the best performance to their users.
Linode might not be the best option for you if you’re a beginner, as they mainly focus on developers (which is why they offer the best technology and performance).
- Linode offers 24/7 award-winning customer support. You can get in touch with the highly trained, professional customer support team to solve your issues regardless of how major or minor it is.
- Linode has simplified cloud hosting. It allows you to quickly scale up your infrastructure with its intuitive and powerful one-click application, cloud manager. Additionally, if you are a developer, you will be impressed with the interface that Linode offers, as it is simpler than DigitalOcean.
- All the plans come with one of the fastest CPUs in the cloud hosting market: Intel E5 processors and SSD storage to promote faster speed and, therefore, improve the site’s performance.
- One of Linode’s key features is that it won’t surprise you with a sudden and expensive price rise. With Linode, you get transparent pricing. You can easily predict the price you are going to pay every month.
- Rather than making a generic plan full of unnecessary features, Linode offers specialized plans to make things simpler and easier for users.
Prices range from $5/month to $960/month depending upon the resources.
5. CloudWays – Most Beginner-friendly DigitalOcean Alternative
CloudWays is another DigitalOcean alternative that offers managed cloud hosting. CloudWays helps to build productive websites by keeping things simple; they offer a perfect blend of simplicity and productivity.
There are, however, truckloads of features with every package, which results in the relatively high price of their plans.
If you are a beginner, CloudWays will not overwhelm you with its interface. They value ease of use and simplicity over everything, which is why there’s a 24/7 customer support team of experts to guide you every step of the way.
While you focus on your growth, CloudWays focuses on the management of your website through its managed cloud hosting to make everything easier.
- CloudWays uses infrastructure provided by its partner companies such as Linode, Vultr, and DigitalOcean. You can take advantage of the cloud infrastructure provided by these companies to make the best of your cloud hosting experience and manage everything smoothly.
- Security on each plan is top-notch. CloudWays provides managed security, so you don’t have to worry about your site facing attacks, as CloudWays takes care of it. Moreover, you get free backups to keep your website on the safe side.
- CloudWays provides an innovative yet straightforward control panel with easy to navigate options. Additionally, it supports all PHP, which makes hosting simpler.
- The basic level of support offered by CloudWays is excellent. However, for priority support, you can take advantage of the Advanced Support add-on and the Premium Support add-on if you want the assistance of an engineer.
- CloudWays promotes smooth workflow and team collaboration by providing features such as staging environment, Git integration, application and server cloning, server transfer, SSH and SFTP access, and more.
Prices range from $10/month to $80/month. CloudWays also let you pay hourly, starting from $0.0139/hour.
Final Thoughts: Which is the Top DigitalOcean Alternative?
Now that we have come to the end of the article, we would like to point out that DigitalOcean is definitely not the ‘bad’ hosting provider.
However, if you’re looking for an alternative, the list of the above-mentioned hosting providers is curated from our extensive research and experience.
We would recommend SiteGround as the best DigitalOcean alternative for beginners. SiteGround offers a sleek interface with plenty of features and the best customer support to make your hosting experience more manageable.
However, Vultr is overall the best DigitalOcean alternative, followed by Linode. Both of these dedicated cloud hosting providers offer similar yet better features than DigitalOcean at a more affordable price.
In the end, your decision should be based on your personal needs and the budget that you are willing to spend.
We hope this article helped you in finding the Best DigitalOcean alternative. If we missed out on any alternative, let us know in the comments along with your pick.
Read Other Hosting Guides:
- Best SiteGround Alternatives
- Best WP Engine Alternatives
- Best HostGator Alternatives
- Best GoDaddy Alternatives
- Best DreamHost Alternatives
- Linode Alternatives
- AWS Alternatives
- VPS Hosting vs Shared Hosting
- VPS Hosting vs Dedicated Hosting
- SiteGround vs WP Engine
- SiteGround vs Bluehost
- SiteGround vs A2 Hosting
- DreamHost vs Bluehost
- SiteGround vs DreamHost