On your way to building your WordPress site with eye-catching designs, but can’t decide between the three most popular themes – Avada, Divi, and X? Well, you have landed on the perfect page to find your answer!
They are all known as “all-in-one” themes, irrespective of the kind of site you own. However, picking between them can be challenging.
To save you time and help you understand where each theme stands, we have laid out a perfect comparison between the three top mega-themes based on various parameters.
At the end of this article, we have also created a unique section to help you understand which theme would be ideal based on your site.
You do not want to miss out on this crucial information. Therefore, stick with us to the end to find your answer. Without further ado, let us dig into the details.
Divi vs Avada vs X: Basic Overview
Before we get into the detailed distinctions of each theme, let’s do a quick overview to help you gain a clear perspective.
Divi is a crown jewel from Elegant themes, and it is also one of the highest-grossing themes available in today’s market. Its multipurpose theme makes it suitable for any website that you might want to build with WordPress.
The theme now includes a powerful drag and drop page builder tool, hundreds of templates, and endless customization options due to regular updates and refined versions.
By going through the features of this theme, you will be able to make an appropriate decision on whether Divi is the best option for your website.
Divi most definitely looks impressive on paper, but whether it is the perfect theme for your website, well, that is the question we will help you sort out in this review.
If you are looking for a lenient solution that you can customize to build various types of full-fledged, functional websites, then this is it.
It is used to create online portfolios, eCommerce shops, gallery sites, or anything else you might need. It includes numerous demo sites as well as the Fusion page builder.
The Avada WordPress theme sets a high standard with endless possibilities and a swarm of features, flexibility, and free updates.
That is obviously besides including top-notch support with your purchase.
Avada has a neat and responsive design on all screen sizes. But it still provides a sophisticated toolset that ensures your website will get noticed. It is very intuitive and divergent.
“Last WordPress theme you will ever have to buy.” This powerful statement backs up the multiple designs available within a single package.
These unique designs are called Stacks, and the package at present includes four different Stacks, with a lot more thought for the future.
Unlike other themes, which may include skins and the potential to change the look using custom settings, these Stacks have unique designs.
The X theme even consists of a robust set of alternatives for customizing the Stacks, which make for a more long-term solution in ensuring no two installations of this theme will match in appearance.
Since version 4, X currently includes an excellent front-end page builder tool called Cornerstone. This tool gives you way more control over how your website will be presented, ensuring you can assemble the website you’ve always dreamed of.
With such high expectations set for us, this most definitely seems like a theme with potential and worth a more in-depth look.
Divi vs Avada vs X: Key Features
Features often affect users’ decisions. All three WordPress themes come with excellent features that will help you design your site within no time.
Additionally, with many Divi features released over the years, some of them may get overlooked, or even neglected for that matter. However, listing all the features would be challenging, so we picked the critical features of Divi, Avada, and X.
Divi Key Features
- Increased usability: The latest release of Divi 2.5 came with a significant upgrade. It not only saves time but also removes unnecessary steps in the editing process. You can expect better usability of your site with Divi than any other theme on the market.
- Global modules and settings: If you want to guide your user to get in touch with you, then a call to action is a great feature to have on your website. But editing this into every page can be a tedious process. The Divi global module has sorted this issue out, and hence the website does a sleek job of it.
- Full-width functionality: This function allows for curating a classic website from scratch. The screen displays a full-width header and amazing high-quality images that showcase your business.
- New footer layouts and widget styling: The eight new footer options give you the ability to curate a website that suits you. The footer background color and text styles suggest how you should style your widget settings.
- Portability: It’s effortless to transfer layouts between WordPress websites due to Divi’s highly portable nature. If you want to create multiple websites, Divi has some good time-saving features that may help make your workflow more flexible.
- Full creative control: All features of your content can be personalized by the Divi Builder interface, which gives you full control over your designs. However, after the next update, the new Theme Builder tool will give you complete control over the other areas of your website.
Avada Key Features
Avada is known to be one of the best quality-featured and adaptable WordPress themes on the market at present, which gives you full control over the tiniest details of your site.
Avada is comprised of various outstanding features such as:
- Retina ready: To make your site look extra exquisite and crisp on high resolution, retina-enabled screens, Avada unites with WP Retina 2x. It automatically adjusts all the settings, such as graphics and typography, to enhance your website’s appearance.
- 100% Translation and RTL ready: Instead of unnecessarily installing a translation plugin, what Avada does is give you a mass of language files with which you can translate your website into 30+ languages. Not only does it merge with the multilingual plugins such as WPML and Polylang, but it is also 100% RTL ready.
- Full compliance with WCAG 2.0 standards: Given that audience reach is an essential ingredient in making your content entirely accessible to users and search engines, Avada fully clings to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, allowing you to reach a wider audience.
- Fusion Core and shortcodes: Avada is specifically designed to work in synergy with Fusion Core, which is a plugin that comes built-in when you download the item. With its help, you can design your web pages with the available Avada templates. Most of these elements can be added to your Fusion Builder layouts and are even accessible to be used with the standard WordPress post and page editors. Fusion shortcodes allow users to select only portions to add to their content.
- Unlimited color and styling options: Avada offers you endless color and styling options via a backend color selector so that you can build the website of your dreams. You can easily choose from 8 predefined color skins and even switch from dark to light tones with just a click of your mouse.
- Custom widgets: Even if Avada offers just ten classic widgets, it gives you full capability to create as many widgets as you like.
X Key Features
X is one of the best-selling WordPress themes on the market at present. It is aesthetically pleasing, flexible, and efficient. Take a look at its stunning features:
- The Stacks: The theme comes with four different designs, which are referred to as Stacks. While they can all be customized, they are the base of everything you do with X. Some of the stacks are Icon, Renew, Integrity, and Ethos. Unlike other themes, Stacks are unique designs that allow you to make as many changes as you would like to ensure your site appears different from any other site out there. There are also several child themes included in the X theme package to help you get started.
- Fully responsive: All the themes by X are fully responsive, which means they look amazing on all devices.
- User friendly: The navigation menu is highly customizable, which means your visitors can have easy access to your site.
- eCommerce functional: To enhance the flexibility and functionality of your site, X supports WooCommerce, bbPress, and BuddyPress.
- Retina ready: All the themes by X are retina ready.
- Thumbnail handling: Automatic handling of the thumbnails.
- Searchable: Better WordPress search experience.
- High font choice: This excellent and popular theme uses more than 600 Google fonts, giving you plenty of choices to pick the fonts you like and design your site the way you want.
- Popups: To give an attractive look and ensure users stay on your site, it comes with a feature that lets you add Lightbox popups.
- Dropdown menus: With X, you can create mega menus with beautiful dropdowns.
Divi vs Avada vs X: Support and Documentation
No matter how pro you are, you will need assistance at some point in your work process. Therefore, make sure that the theme you pick comes with plenty of support and documentation so you can get help whenever you need it.
Previously, customer support was one area where Elegant Themes received some criticism. Support was provided via one-on-one discussion forums where customers could post questions and wait for a reply from the Elegant Themes support team.
Customers reported that responses were not fast enough and that often, issues were not resolved.
However, Elegant Themes support now provides a messenger service where you can get your problems solved immediately. It also comes with extensive documentation where you can find solutions by exploring the various articles.
Navigating such platforms is not everybody’s cup of tea, and even an expert can get stuck. To help users with their issues, ThemeFusion offers complete support to their clients. The team provides real support to users from the developers.
ThemeFusion’s products are very well documented, so if you are someone who likes figuring out things themselves, you can go through their documentation and find various helpful articles.
Additionally, you get a detailed comparison for each of Avada’s features with step-by-step instructions on how to use it. Documentation is also accessible for additional plugins that come with it.
When it comes to customer support for X, it stands apart from others. As X is available on ThemeForest, this means you will get premium customer support from them. What’s more, you will have in-depth documentation which helps you to craft stunning websites with ease.
Winner: All three themes provide plenty of support, so this round calls for a tie between Divi, X, and Avada.
Divi vs Avada vs X: Design Options and Premade Templates
Designs and premade templates are crucial. Since design is critical for every website, it is necessary that the theme you pick comes with plenty of designing options.
Additionally, premade themes make it easier for you to simply pick the theme you like and get started without designing everything from scratch.
Divi Designs & Templates
Divi has high-quality content templates. The template library and the page builder tool are two key features. If you want to curate a customized WordPress website design from nothing, then the Divi Builder tool will be best suited for you.
Divi likely has the biggest selection of high-quality page templates of any WordPress theme at present. There are templates available for a wide variety of projects so that you can select the layout accordingly.
The layouts are editable as well. All you have to do is pick the template that best describes your site and get started immediately.
Avada Designs & Templates
When choosing your basic template, you will need an innovative appearance for your website. Keeping this in mind, endless gorgeous design choices are made available by Avada.
The template has a quite classic yet straightforward panel allowing you to create any design virtually without the need for multiple themes.
Another template loved by many users is bbPress, which creates a feasible online forum. With this WP template, users get design integration and in-depth assistance for bbPress to help you build the forum you need.
In addition, you can even give it the feel and appearance that you want. What’s more, with the help of pre-built templates, you can build sites on the go without any need for third-party plugins.
X Designs & Templates
Cornerstone is one of the many add-ons available for X and is a standalone plugin for users of this layout. It’s a required add-on for X, as many of the new page layouts have been made with this tool and its shortcodes.
The Visual Composer page makes out that the plugin is still one of the optional add-ons incorporated into the X theme package.
However, the developers of X suggest that you use their Cornerstone page builder instead. Once you’ve installed X, you can get started with creating your custom posts and page layouts.
Version 4.0 of X sees the launch of the new Cornerstone page builder tool. Cornerstone has been developed by the Themeco team, the creators of X, to unite X seamlessly with your WordPress website.
Divi vs Avada vs X: Website Building & Customization Options
You need to be able to build a website the way you want rather than having designs forced on you. With that in mind, let’s take a look at the website building and customization options of each theme.
When it comes down to editing the templates or curating designs from scratch, this behind-the-scenes activity takes place in the Divi Builder.
This tool has been refined quite a few times over the years and is now one of the best and most impressive page builders on the market for WordPress.
Whatever you create in the Divi Builder is saved for future use with the help of the global modules feature. This covers anything that you customize or edit.
When creating reusable assets, you can adjust how they are refined and make dynamic assets that approve you to update all instances at the touch of the button.
One of the main reasons people set up a website is to put their business online, widen their reach, and make it available 24/7. And the most efficient way of doing this is with WooCommerce.
So as you might imagine, this theme has excellent WooCommerce support and integration.
Over the years, WooCommerce websites have gained immense popularity.
Seeing this overwhelming demand, ThemeFusion offers full integration with the WooCommerce platform. The compatible nature of Avada with WooCommerce offers a sufficient tool for the landing page, portfolio, blog, or any other content you might want to add.
Compatibility with WooCommerce begins with Global WooCommerce customizations and continues to the shop pages, the product pages, and the actual checkout process.
With plenty of themes already available, the template stacks up to its page builder plugin – the Fusion Builder.
Version 5.0 was one of the significant launches when Fusion Builder tasted success and compared well with some of the other popular page building plugins out there, having been built again from the ground up.
Version 5.1 went through a series of updates on the Fusion Builder API, making it much more developer-friendly, with many new elements that developers could use to create their extensions around this plugin.
The X customizer may look familiar, as it has been built upon the local WordPress theme customization menu. However, it’s been extensively enhanced to give you more control over how your site appears and functions.
The customizer permits you to do pretty much anything that affects your website’s look, including options such as: Change the stack, Header placement, Menu placement, Sidebar position, Boxed or full width, Colors, Fonts, Buttons, Background, and Logos.
Not only can all of the above updates be made with the touch of a button, but they can also all be viewed live within the same browser.
The days of buffering are over with this theme. It’s also worth pointing out that while the changes can go live, they aren’t visible to any site visitors until you allow them to be.
A great feature of the customizer is the ability to import and export your settings. This means that you can curate a site exactly how you want it, then export the configuration and import it to another site to quickly recreate the same look and feel. For any web developer, the perks should be obvious.
Winner: In terms of customization of the functioning, appearance, and build-from-scratch settings, both Divi and X are at the same level; however, Avada takes the lead due to its ease of use and responsive design options.
Divi vs Avada vs X: Pricing
Considering pricing is essential if you are looking for the best theme at an affordable price. It is crucial that the theme you pick fits your budget while meeting all your needs.
Divi is an affordable theme, especially when you consider all the different products you can access. There are two plans.
One gives you lifetime access to all Elegant Themes products, including future releases, support, and updates, while the other covers you for one year.
Currently, Divi has dropped its prices due to an ongoing sale. Therefore, make sure to grab the opportunity before you miss it. Here are what the two plans are:
- Annual Access – $67: The plan gives you access to Divi, Extra, Bloom, and Monarch. You get premium support and updates for a year. Additionally, you get unlimited site usage and access to hundreds of site packs. This plan is ideal for beginners and developers, so you needn’t hesitate to pick this plan.
- Lifetime Access – $187: If you are looking for a one-time investment, there is no better option than going with Lifetime Access. You pay a one-time fee and get access to lifetime premium support, unlimited website usage, lifetime updates, access to Divi, Bloom, Monarch, and Extra, hundreds of website packages, and more.
Avada offers two plans currently. Especially with the current sale, the prices of Avada have dropped significantly.
- Regular License – $39: The regular license comes with six months of premium customer support and gives you access to all the theme’s excellent features. It is ideal for beginners who want to test how Avada works for them.
- Extended License – $2950: If you are looking for something advanced, you can grab the extended license with all the excellent features of Avada.
Note: You can extend the customer support for another six months by paying $10.13 for the regular license and $881.25 for the extended license.
The cost of X from ThemeForest is $29 which includes a lifetime license for a single site. The plan includes six months of customer support and future theme updates for free. The extended plan costs $2900 which includes lifetime access to unlimited sites.
Divi vs Avada vs X: Which Theme is Best for You?
Without a doubt, Divi is one of the most in-demand themes on the market. With its drag and drop builder, you can develop your website the way you want.
Whether you’re an absolute beginner or pro developer, Divi will be the best choice for your needs. A beginner can easily create a website without hiring a professional. A developer can quickly build hundreds of websites.
If you’re after a well-rounded, all-in-one theme that comes with tons of useful plugins and built-in features, then you should consider buying Avada.
The main benefit is that you aren’t limited to a single site; you can use Avada to create as many websites as you want. Avada has all the features you’d expect from what’s considered the world’s most trusted WordPress theme.
X brings something extra to the table, in terms of the individual unique designs that are incorporated into one package.
The vast amount of options for configuring those templates also helps make it the best choice for anyone who wants to create something of their own based on an already appealing design.
Divi vs Avada vs X: The Ultimate Winner
And that’s a wrap to our comparison between the three famous and multi-functional WordPress themes. It should come as no surprise that Divi is the ultimate winner of this battle with its exceptional features and affordable pricing.
So, if the above criteria fit your needs, pick the right WordPress theme for your site, and you are ready to roll in creating the best-looking WordPress site.
We hope our comparison between Divi vs X vs Avada helped you find the right theme for your site. Let us know which WordPress theme you are picking in the comments section below.
Read Other Theme Guides:
- Themify Ultra vs Avada vs Divi Theme
- Best Education WordPress Themes
- Best WordPress LMS Themes
- Best Genesis Child Themes
- Best LearnDash Themes
- Best Minimalist AJAX WooCommerce Themes
- Best eCommerce WordPress Themes for WooCommerce
- WooCommerce Fashion Themes
- Best Multipurpose WooCommerce Themes
- Best Beaver Builder Compatible Themes