On the fence about choosing the best DreamHost alternative for your online venture?
Great! Various top-notch web hosting providers offer reliable and affordable web hosting.
If you’re on the go and looking for the best DreamHost alternatives, SiteGround is worth your try. SiteGround comes at $6.99/month with the best features, support, and speed no matter what type of site you own.
The one-stop hosting service provider offers tons of perks. Check out our SiteGround review here.
Before you check out the best alternatives, let us remind you that DreamHost is one of the most popular web hosts packed with essential features, fast servers, and security.
But there are various reasons why DreamHost might have you searching for an alternative.
Whether you are exploring or already hosting your site with DreamHost, we have all the details you need in this article.
We will carefully examine the drawbacks of DreamHost and then explore all the best DreamHost alternatives with their pricing, pros, cons, and features.
Because we care about your choice, we have also included a buyer’s guide so you can compare each host accurately.
|A2 Hosting||Best for Security, Speed and Cheap Plans||$2.99/month|
|SiteGround||Best DreamHost Alternatives||$6.99/month|
|InMotion Hosting||Best for Advanced Options and Performance||$2.49/month|
|Bluehost||Best for Reliability and Uptime||$3.95/month|
|WPX Hosting||Best for Fastest WordPress Hosting||$20.83/month|
Here’s a quick index to help you navigate this article:
Now, get comfortable and dive into the details!
Best DreamHost Alternatives: Overview
Before we dive into the in-depth review section of each web hosting provider, let’s look at what each DreamHost alternative does best.
- A2 Hosting: Best for users looking for the fastest web hosting provider at cheaper pricing.
- SiteGround: Best for users looking for a managed web hosting with reliable performance and tons of features.
- InMotion Hosting: Best for users who need secured web hosting and who are willing to pay additional for backups of their site.
- Bluehost: Best for users looking for an all-in-one solution in a web hosting provider such as speed, security, and features.
- WPX Hosting: Best for someone looking for the fastest WordPress hosting with unparalleled customer support.
What Does DreamHost Lack?
WordPress recommends DreamHost because of its exceptional performance and WordPress hosting.
DreamHost comes at a reasonable price and provides plenty of features; however, there are still many drawbacks overlooked by DreamHost.
- Poor Live Chat: Live chat is one of the easiest and quickest ways to get support from experts of the web hosting provider. DreamHost does not truly offer 24/7 live chat. You can only get in touch with them at a specific time. If you need support outside their mentioned availability, you will have to use ticketing support, which is a bit slower.
- Lack of One-click Installation Applications: While other web hosting providers come with hundreds of one-click installation applications, DreamHost only provides one-click installation of eight applications like WordPress, Joomla, and more.
- No Email Account in the Startup Plan: If you choose their startup plan, you will have to pay separately for email accounts while there are plenty of alternatives that offer free email accounts.
No matter your reason for switching from DreamHost, we have the perfect solution for you. Keep reading to find the right host for you.
What to Look for in the Best DreamHost Alternative
We do not want you to choose the wrong DreamHost alternative. Therefore, we’ve provided an extensive buyer’s guide.
Below is a compilation of the vital features and parameters you need to consider when finding the best DreamHost alternative.
- Speed: Speed is one of the most crucial parameters when choosing the best alternative. You need to select the web hosting provider that offers excellent uptime and page loading times. The success of your site depends on the speed your host will provide. Therefore, anything less than an uptime of 99% is unacceptable.
- Security: In this advanced tech era, your site is at risk 24/7. Any threat can come unexpectedly. Therefore, before you decide to choose an alternative, it is critical to examine the security features such as DDoS protection, scanning, monitoring, backups, and more. Taking precautions is crucial as you face the potential loss of your work.
- SSL: As DreamHost comes with SSL, you must select the hosting provider that offers SSL certification, either free or paid. The good news is, we have mentioned all the web hosting providers that provide SSL for free on all the plans.
- User-friendly Interface: An interface with plenty of options can be overwhelming and challenging to understand. An interface needs to be clean and comfortable to navigate options, so you can pick the right choice easily without having to spend time finding the tool or option you want. If you are not a tech-savvy, a beginner-friendly interface will make managing more accessible than ever.
- Hassle-free Migration: If you are already hosting your site with DreamHost or any other web hosting provider, transferring or migration can be stressful, especially with the transfer of data and other critical aspects. Therefore, look for an alternative that provides quick and easy site migration.
- WordPress Installation: Even though other features are essential, it would be unfair not to count WordPress installation as crucial. If you are hosting your website on WordPress, you need to have a host that offers quick WordPress installation.
- Customer Support: Lastly, customer support is another essential factor to look for in the best DreamHost alterative. Web hosting providers come up with new updates and features that confuse you no matter how advanced you are. It is critical to look for an alternative that offers instant 24/7 customer support.
Top 5 DreamHost Alternatives in 2022
1. A2 Hosting – Best for Security, Speed & Cheap Plans
A2 Hosting is well-known for its fast web hosting service at a low price. A2 Hosting provides turbo servers that make your site blazing fast. It also provides 20x faster performance, which is why it is our top recommended web hosting provider.
Their servers are highly secured, so you do not have to worry about your website’s security.
Besides, Gurucrew – their in-house experts – are available 24/7 for you through various channels. No matter what your issue, the team is always on-board to assist you.
Additionally, A2 is one of those web hosting providers that offer the choice of the data center. There are plenty of hosting solutions for every website so that you can pick the right one for you.
- Anytime money-back guarantee.
- A guaranteed 99.9% uptime.
- Hassle-free and free site migration.
- Easy and quick WordPress installation.
- Up to 20x faster performance and speed.
- Free SSL on all the plans.
- Except for the Startup plan, it offers unlimited SSD for better performance.
Pros and Cons
Let us look at the pros and cons of A2 Hosting before you pick it as your best DreamHost alternative.
- A2 Hosting provides a clean and sleek interface. The beginner-friendly interface will allow you to manage your site without any trouble.
- For perpetual security, A2 Hosting provides HackScan for advanced security solutions with free SSL on all the plans.
- A2 Hosting provides free automatic backups, so you can always be on the safer side.
- Except for the Startup plan, A2 Hosting lets you host unlimited websites at affordable pricing.
- You get a smooth and easy hosting service with its WordPress optimized environment. All the plans come with easy WordPress installation.
- The Turbo servers are only offered on their advanced hosting plans.
- A2 Hosting is chargeable when you have to downgrade your plan.
The shared hosting plan starts from $2.99/month to $14.99/month. Check out our A2 Hosting coupon to get an exclusive discount on A2 Hosting now.
A2 Hosting is the best solution for users looking for the fastest web hosting solution. Their servers provide 20x the speedier performance with their Turbo servers.
2. SiteGround – Best DreamHost Alternatives
If you have been following us for a while now, you probably realized SiteGround has often been in our recommendations.
That is because of its unmatched performance and features at affordable pricing. Since 2004, SiteGround has been hosting around two million sites with their speed-optimized servers.
SiteGround provides various hosting solutions such as VPS, Dedicated, Cloud hosting, and WordPress hosting with an intuitive user interface.
All the plans are packed with essential features and freebies to make your site faster and more secure.
- Free and quick website migration.
- Collaboration tools for designers and agencies.
- Constant security monitoring and top-notch protection.
- Google cloud platform for technically superior and powerful hosting.
- SSH and cPanel access.
- Unlimited database and unlimited traffic.
- Free domain name.
- Staging environment and Git on the high-tier plan.
Pros and Cons
Every web hosting provider comes with its good and bad sides. Before you choose SiteGround, let us have a look at the good and the bad.
- SiteGround provides fully managed WordPress hosting, and you can focus on your site-building and success while SiteGround takes care of the technical aspects of your website.
- SiteGround provides 99.9% uptime, which makes sure your site receives minimum downtime. Additionally, SiteGround provides ultra-fast web hosting with its features such as CDN, SSD, PHP7, and more.
- When you host your site with SiteGround, it will make sure you receive top-notch security. It offers manual and automatic backups, free SSL on all plans, firewalls, scanning, monitoring your site, and more security features, so you are always ready for the worse.
- SiteGround has the highest rated customer support. Their in-house experts are available 24/7bthrough call, live chat, and email.
- SiteGround is a trustworthy and reliable web hosting provider as it is officially recommended by WordPress and offers 30 days money-back guarantee on all the plans.
- SiteGround offers 30GB storage, even with its highest-paid plan. This can be a significant concern for users looking for comprehensive storage options.
SiteGround provides tree plans starting from $6.99/month to $14.99/month. Check out our SiteGround coupon to get an exclusive discount on SiteGround.
SiteGround is the best choice if you are looking for the best features and reliable web hosting.
3. InMotion Hosting – Best for Advanced Options & Performance
InMotion is another best DreamHost alternatives that we handpicked due to its latest technologies that deliver super-fast performance and outstanding customer support claims.
InMotion provides the best customer service right from the billing option to all the technical aspects.
InMotion offers various hosting plans such as shared, cloud hosting, dedicated hosting, and more from advanced users to small business owners.
Check out our InMotion hosting review to get detailed insights into InMotion.
All the plans are embedded with necessary hosting features right from quick set up to security.
While DreamHost does not include email accounts in their startup plan, InMotion makes things easier for you by providing free email accounts in their Start-up plan.
InMotion is genuinely a feature-rich web hosting provider that offers premium features at a lower cost.
- A free domain name for one year.
- Unmetered bandwidth even on the cheapest plan.
- One-click restore and backup on all the plans
- One-click installation of over 400 applications, including WordPress.
- Free SSH drives to increase performance.
- Quick and comfortable transfer with no-downtime to InMotion.
- Ninety days money-back guarantee for a risk-free purchase.
- 24/7 reliable and outstanding customer support with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Pros and Cons
InMotion comes with all the excellent features, as you read above. But, what about the pros and cons? Let us take a look.
- Even if the backend might look outdated, the user-interface is intuitive and easy yet powerful. If you are a beginner, you can set up and manage your site in no-time.
- You get free website drag and drop builder, which comes with many attractive themes with all the plans for quick and easy site setup and management.
- All the plans come with free marketing tools. You get free $150 worth advertising credits, which comes handy for any website to grow and keep maintaining their name.
- No matter which plans you are choosing, you get unmetered bandwidth. Additionally, the traffic is not measured either. So, you do not have to worry about having to pay additional bucks with limits.
- For better page loading time and speed, InMotion provides Max Zones. This means you can host your site with the nearest data center of your choice.
- InMotion does not offer free backups on any plan. If you need backups, you have to pay additional.
- Some of the advanced features, such as a staging environment, are missing with InMotion.
Their pricing plan starts from $2.49/month to $12.99/month for pro plans with all the premium features.
InMotion Hosting comes with plenty of useful features and excellent speed with a reliable 99.9% uptime guarantee. It is suitable for users who are okay with paying additional for backups and getting maximum speed.
4. Bluehost – Best for Reliability & Uptime
Bluehost is one of the largest web hosting companies that has been hosting over 2 million websites with their powerful servers and features. If we have to name one hosting provider on the list as the best feature-rich host, it is Bluehost.
Their 30 days money-back guarantee will come handy if you do not like the service. However, their customer support is top-rated.
From shared hosting to managed WordPress hosting, Bluehost provides all the hosting solutions in a budget. If you are hosting your site on WordPress, Bluehost has got all the best features packed for you.
- Unlimited SSD on the higher plans.
- A free domain name for a year.
- Easy and few-click scalability.
- Resource protection for better performance and security options.
- Free SSL certificate.
- 24/7 chat support.
- Unmetered bandwidth.
- Easy access to spam protection.
- One-click WordPress installation
Pros and Cons
While Bluehost offers attractive features, it is essential to look at the pros and cons so you can make a better decision.
- No matter which plans you go for, you get domain manager, which allows easy tracking, update, purchase, transfer, and other administer all your domain from one place.
- You get unlimited add-ons on the business and Pro accounts.
- Bluehost automatically creates automatic backups for your account, either weekly, monthly, or daily.
- Bluehost comes all-in-one marketing enter. You get free $200 worth advertising credits and marketing tools to increase your global reach.
- With Bluehost, you get 99.9% uniform uptime and excellent security features. You can expect minimal downtime and top-class security feature no matter the plan you choose.
- If you want to transfer from DreamHost to Bluehost, you will have to pay additionally to Bluehost. You do not get a free site migration.
- Bluehost does not offer free CDN on the basic plan. We feel that Bluehost can add CDN on their basic plan for reliable and better performance for their users.
The pricing starts from $3.95/month to $13.95/month for Pro plans. Check out our Bluehost coupon to get an exclusive discount on Bluehost now.
If you are looking for an all-in-one solution, Bluehost is the best DreamHost alternative for you. Tons of useful features come at a meager pricing and excellent customer support.
Moreover, just like DreamHost, Bluehost is one of the web hosting provider recommended by WordPress.
5. WPX Hosting – Fastest WordPress Hosting
If you are a beginner or a small website owner and need the best alternative of DreamHost, which is fast, reliable, and secure, WPX Hosting is the best solution.
Even if WPX Hosting is last on our list, it is one of the best in customer support. You can expect an instant response with their experts and multiple FAQs along with a massive knowledgebase.
Check out our WPX Hosting Review to get detailed insights into WPX Hosting.
WPX Hosting offers 30 days money-back guarantee on all the plans. If you are a fan of monthly payments, WPX Hosting offers monthly plans.
You get to choose between various data centers for faster speed and loading time for your audience. Besides, their security measures are unbeatable.
While there may be certain drawbacks, you will love WPX Hosting for their fast and excellent customer support.
- Their in-house WPX Cloud CDN enabled on all the plans.
- 28 days of automatic backups
- Free SSL on all the plans.
- Support to WordPress multisite
- Free migration from other web hosting to WPX Hosting
- Twenty data centers location to choose from.
- Staging area so you can check and make the changes to your site before going live.
- 99.95% uptime guarantee.
Pros and Cons
- If your site is hacked, WPX Hosting provides free malware removal for a comfortable hosting experience. It is the only hosting provider that offers malware removal without charging its users.
- Rather than spending hours installing and setting up WordPress, you can quickly install WordPress at your fingertips with just a click of your mouse.
- You get free unlimited SSL certificates. The servers are highly secured and make sure that your audience and your site is safe from all the uninvited guests.
- Another pro of going with WPX hosting is that their email support is speedy. You can expect a response within 30 seconds, which is blazing-fast than DreamHost.
- If you are considering managed hosting, WPX Hosting provides super-fast managed WordPress hosting. You can avail of additional benefits of managed WordPress hosting.
- The pricing is a bit expensive when compared to other host providers.
- The bandwidth offered by WPX Hosting is limited. At the same time, other web hosting providers offer unlimited bandwidth while you will be disappointed with WPX Hosting.
The yearly plans start from $20.83/month to the Elite plan at $83.25/month. When you pay monthly, the prices are a bit high. Check out our WPX Hosting coupon to get an exclusive discount on WPX Hosting now.
If your priority is excellent and unbeatable customer support, WPX Hosting is the perfect alternative for you. Additionally, their servers are fast and secure, so you do not have to worry about having a lousy hosting experience.
Coming to the end of this article, you have probably noticed each web hosting provider’s features with its pros and cons, along with its features and pricing. All the DreamHost alternatives come with their uniqueness and features.
However, to be clear with the best DreamHost alternatives, we would recommend choosing SiteGround. You get plenty of premium features and managed hosting at cheaper pricing.
However, you get 30 days money-back guarantee, so if you are unhappy with the service, you can have a full refund.
We have carefully done our research to provide you the best alternative, and now it’s your turn to pick the hosting provider that fits your budget and needs.
We hope you were able to find the right host for you. Let us know which alternative you are picking in the comments below.
Read Other Hosting Guides: