Elementor is a website builder that allows its users to create professional-looking websites using a simple drag and drop system.
Not having to use code makes this very user-friendly, and whether you have used it in the past or are new to the service, you might be wondering if you can employ the plugin outside of WordPress.
Elementor is only for WordPress, but you can use it on both the free (.com) and paid-for (.org) options. Its drag and drop feature makes building a website easily, and the activation is simple. However, should you choose to move to another platform, you will not be able to continue using Elementor.
We’ll then go over how to install and use it on your website.
Can You Use Elementor Without WordPress?
Whether you’re transitioning your existing website to another platform or considering using a whole new website building service to save money, you might be thinking about bringing your Elementor subscription along for the ride.
Unfortunately, you can’t use Elementor without WordPress. There’s no way to build websites, themes, or pages with Elementor on any other platform, including a separate coding software.
Below, we’ll examine why Elementor likely won’t change its position on this matter any time soon:
- The company would have to make numerous programs. According to Website Tool Tester, WordPress websites account for more than 39% of the internet’s sites. Most companies target the biggest market, which is why Elementor won’t be available to Wix, Weebly, and other platforms in the near future.
- Prices might increase, making it less likely to succeed in multiple markets. To accommodate the coding changes and issues you’ll find in the next point, Elementor would have to raise their prices. This cost hike would likely steer people away from their program, losing money and potentially damaging their business.
- Elementor’s themes are designed exclusively for WordPress. Every free and paid Elementor theme is coded to work exclusively with WordPress. If they wanted to open their page builder for another platform, they’d have to recode everything they have built. They’d also have to change their templates, pop-ups, and more.
As you can see, there’s a slim chance Elementor would ever open their services for other management software. If you’re using a free or trial WordPress website, there’s no reason you should stay away from Elementor.
For more information about using Elementor Pro and free versions with any WordPress subscription, read on.
Related Reading: Why is Elementor the Best Page Builder?
Does Elementor Work With WordPress.org and.com?
The company clearly states you can use Elementor with WordPress .org and .com websites. WordPress offers the .org variant, which is the self-hosted version you can buy with an annual (or three-year) payment system.
Keep in mind you can upgrade your WordPress website to a self-hosted site whenever you’d like to. Furthermore, you can use their service with Elementor’s free subscription to build customized websites without spending a dime.
Once you’re ready to improve your website, we suggest upgrading to a self-hosted URL for a professional appearance and over 300 templates.
Related Reading: Get Started With Elementor
How to Set Up Elementor on WordPress
Although Elementor doesn’t work for other systems, WordPress is far from a setback as it’s clearly a top competitor in the industry.
When you’re ready to use Elementor’s free or paid version to build your website, follow the step-by-step method below.
- Choose your Elementor and WordPress subscriptions, then upload the Elementor plug-in on your WordPress’s plug-in menu. Elementor makes your WordPress page builder similar to Wix since it’s more customizable and unique.
- Pick a theme from Elementor or WordPress. There are hundreds of free and paid themes and templates on both platforms, so you’ll double your options by using them together.
- Create a seamless layout with the page-building templates offered by Elementor. They’re designed for WordPress, so you won’t have any coding issues or slowing, which is crucial for ranking in the search engines.
WordPress has several tools to make a unique website, but Elementor makes it exponentially better. If you’re an Elementor fan, you’ll have to choose WordPress for compatibility purposes
Conclusion: Is Elementor Only for WordPress?
Elementor might be exclusive to WordPress, but that’s not really an issue. WordPress is one of the biggest content management systems worldwide, and they offer plenty of features to make them the best choice.
The installation and activation process is as easy as it gets, regardless of which WordPress version you choose.
However, keep in mind that if you plan to move your website away from WordPress, you will not be able to bring your Elementor subscription with you.
Before you purchase the Pro package, be sure that you’ll be sticking with WordPress for the duration to avoid losing money.
More Elementor Articles:
- How to Get Started With Elementor
- Elementor Pro Review
- Elementor Pro Discount
- Best Elementor Add-Ons
- Why is Elementor the Best Page Builder?
- Elementor vs Elementor Pro
- How to Use the Elementor Free Page Builder
- How to Use the Elementor Theme Builder
- How to Add a Popup With Elementor
- How to Create a Countdown Popup Using Elementor
- Create a Cookie Consent Popup Using Elementor
- How to Create an Under Construction Website Using Elementor