Elementor is one of the most popular WordPress page builders, used as a plug-in to edit themes with templates, elements, customized fonts, and more.
Whether you’re a coder or simply want a basic design, you might be wondering if you can use Elementor without a theme. Today, we’ll cover all there is to know about it.
You can’t use Elementor without a theme because WordPress requires themes for every website, though you can use Elementor’s customized Hello theme that’s as simple as it gets.
It’s a blank theme where you can add any elements or templates you desire. Another option is buying blank themes.
Throughout this article, you’ll also learn the following information about using Elementor without a theme:
- Why you can’t use Elementor without a theme
- How to use the Hello theme for a simplistic design
- Additional tips to achieve a basic layout with coding, themes, and templates
Why Can’t You Use Elementor Without a Theme?
Themes are the platform your website is based on. Without a theme, there’s nothing to work with. Trying to use Elementor without a theme is like attempting to paint without a canvas.
Fortunately, Elementor has provided their Hello theme, as we’ll discuss in the following section
Below, we’ll cover a handful of reasons you need a theme with Elementor.
You Need a Theme on Any Website
Elementor isn’t “lesser than” for requiring themes; every page builder needs a theme. Even if you forgo a page builder, you’re still required to use a theme.
Themes are the basic canvas you use to design a website, but you don’t have to use fancy themes with dozens of elements to make a functional website.
You Won’t Be Able to Use Templates
If you don’t have a theme, there’s nowhere to place your templates. Templates include sign-up forms, ads, footers, headers, posts, and more.
As Abhijit Rawool explains, websites are practically useless without templates, which means your themeless page will be a waste of time. Elementor makes it easy to build a page with countless templates.
Coding Is Impossible Without a Theme
If you’re a high-quality coder, you likely know you need a theme. Themes come with code you can edit to alter their appearance and performance.
Without a theme, you’ll need to hire someone to create it. The good news is WordPress and Elementor have many themes to choose from.
If you want to learn about Elementor’s most basic theme, proceed to the next section.
How to Use Elementor’s Hello Theme
As you’ve read above, you can’t use Elementor without a theme. That said, they offer a theme called ‘Hello.’ This basic theme is an empty canvas for templates and customized coding.
If you’re looking to start fresh, Hello might be the best theme available.
So, how can you use Elementor’s Hello theme? Follow these steps:
- Download the Hello theme and add it to your WordPress account. If you already have the Elementor plug-in on your WordPress account, you can choose it from the WordPress screen on the chosen website. When it downloads, activate the theme.
- Add basic templates, including the header, footer, and sidebar. These components will create the primary design, which visitors will see when they click on your website. Starting with the outer sections will let you know what the site will look like before diving into the posts and main content.
- Add an area for posts, sign-up forms, and ads. You can customize the posts to show the date, time, writer, and more. Remember, a basic font is the best choice to prevent your WordPress site from slowing down.
Related Reading: What Theme Should I Use With Elementor?
If you prefer a video guide, review this tutorial by WPTuts on Youtube:
Additional Suggestions for Elementor Themes
SmartSlider3 shows Hello can be the best theme for your website, but thousands of themes are at your disposal.
Elementor Pro has plenty of themes inside, so feel free to cycle through their menus until you find one that fits the vision you have for your website. Also, WordPress has countless themes you can use with the Elementor page builder.
Another (expensive) option is to hire someone to build a theme for you. Try to keep it as basic as possible so that you can get the most use out of your Elementor page builder plug-in.
Check out our in-depth Elementor Pro Review to get the detail insights.
Conclusion: Can I Use Elementor Without a Theme?
Elementor is loaded with tons of tools to create the ultimate website, but you need a theme to get started. Without a theme, there’s nothing to work with.
Fortunately, the page builder provides a blank theme to make it as close to nothing as possible. Add your favorite templates for footers, headers, forms, and more.
WordPress prevents people from using themeless websites because there’s nothing to load.
With the straightforward tips found throughout this post, you’ll have everything you need to create a customized, basic website with Elementor.
More Elementor Articles:
- Elementor Pro Review
- Elementor Pro Discount
- How to Get Started With Elementor
- Best Elementor Add-Ons
- Why is Elementor the Best Page Builder?
- Elementor vs Elementor Pro
- How to Use the Elementor Free Page Builder
- How to Use the Elementor Theme Builder
- How to Add a Popup With Elementor
- How to Create a Countdown Popup Using Elementor
- Create a Cookie Consent Popup Using Elementor
- How to Create an Under Construction Website Using Elementor
Leave a Reply