LearnDash is a popular service that offers all sorts of features to create, upload, and sell your online courses.
Some companies use it for educational purposes and training, but it works well with WooCommerce and other eCommerce plugins to sell digital classes. However, many people aren’t sure if it’s a plugin or theme.
LearnDash is a plugin designed to work well with almost any WordPress plugin or theme. The company recommends using themes created for online courses and sales, including Astra, GeneratePress, Invent, and Academy Pro. You can edit your website’s CSS to integrate LearnDash with any theme.
In this post, we’ll also cover various details about LearnDash as a plugin, including:
- How you should use LearnDash on WordPress with any theme
- Why your theme directly impacts LearnDash’s performance and sales
- A list of the best themes to use with your LearnDash plugin
Using LearnDash as a Plugin
LearnDash is an excellent plugin, but it’s not a theme. The good news is there are plenty of themes you can use with LearnDash to achieve speed, smooth website navigation, and course subscriptions.
You shouldn’t have to worry too much about editing your theme if you choose a page builder, but you can hire someone to edit the CSS to use LearnDash with virtually any WordPress theme.
Check out our in-depth Review of LearnDash to get details insights of LearnDash.
Here’s why you should use the LearnDash plugin:
- Install the LearnDash plugin to any WordPress website for instant results. According to aThemes, LearnDash works with any theme. However, only a handful of themes are specifically designed to be used as eCommerce stores or course-selling websites. You can use WooCommerce as a selling plugin, too.
- Consider using WooCommerce and Elementor Pro to make the process easier. Speaking of which, combining these plugins with LearnDash will let you create your website, sell your courses, and manage subscriptions on WordPress. It’s the best three-plug-in combination for beginners and experts alike.
- The LearnDash plugin is packed with customizable features. You can use the plugin to set automatic subscriptions and figure out what’s selling the most. LearnDash isn’t a theme, but it’s equally as useful. Those looking for a course-selling plugin that controls the whole website should try LearnDash.
Now that you know why LearnDash is such a useful plugin, it’s time to determine why the theme matters. Contrary to popular belief, your WordPress theme can impact your site’s performance, sales, and plugin results.
For more information about LearnDash themes, read on.
Does Your LearnDash Theme Matter?
If you have a website and want to know if you can use the LearnDash plugin, the answer is a resounding yes!
However, that claim doesn’t mean every theme is suited for LearnDash without editing its CSS, which might involve paying a professional coder.
Below, we’ll examine why you should choose the best theme to sell your LearnDash courses.
- Slow, bloated themes will make your LearnDash plugin seem sluggish. Many low-quality themes are packed with excess code designed to make your website look flashy, attractive, or packed with content. Unfortunately, too much code slows your website and makes everything load choppier.
- LearnDash works very well with page builders. Perhaps the best page builder for LearnDash is Elementor Pro. LearnDash and Elementor teamed up to allow immediate integration. Create accounts with both services, download the plugins, and input your license number to link them.
- Your WordPress theme affects LearnDash’s functionality. LearnDash’s support team explains your theme can reduce or improve its results. You can’t optimize LearnDash if there’s not enough space on the page or if it’s too slow. A website’s speed and functionality affect its SEO score, which determines how many people visit the site.
Related Reading: Best WordPress Page Builder Plugins
Which Themes Should You Use With LearnDash?
Are you worried about using the best theme for LearnDash? If so, it’s time to find out which ones should be at the top of your list.
- Invent is designed for educational courses, which might be the perfect fit if your LearnDash course is training-based.
- Academy Pro was made with online course sales in mind. It’s simple, smooth, and offers proven conversion results.
- Astra has various purposes, but the company teamed up with LearnDash for quick and straightforward integration.
- GeneratePress is as simple as it gets. This basic website theme focuses on speed and easy navigation for your customers.
Related Reading: Best LearnDash Themes
Conclusion: Is LearnDash a Theme or Plugin?
LearnDash is a plugin, but it works very well with dozens of themes. Whether you use one of the suggested themes, a page builder, or a customized website built by a professional.
LearnDash can be integrated to provide incredible results. Make sure you edit its settings before activating the plugin.
Here’s a quick TL;DR of the article:
- LearnDash lets you create and sell courses on any WordPress theme.
- Some themes work better with LearnDash for speed and sales purposes.
- LearnDash recommends using themes that optimize the site’s flow.
Other LMS Articles: