SiteGround has been in the game run for a long while now. The reason for this is that their quality of web hosting services has been hosting millions of websites since 2004.
SiteGround is a fully managed web hosting provider that offers several hosting services, such as dedicated hosting, cloud hosting, and WordPress hosting at affordable pricing.
SiteGround must be doing something special, because their hosting services seem unbeatable.
SiteGround is the people’s choice due to its reliability, faster performance, excellent features, and first-class customer support.
Their plans are affordable, starting at $6.99/month currently for a fully managed web hosting experience. What’s more, SiteGround found the perfect balance between price and the features.
To help get an insider’s view into SiteGround, we have created an in-depth SiteGround review.
We have reviewed some of the essential features, such as performance & speed, key features, backups, security, customer support, pricing, pros and cons, and so on.
Read on to learn whether SiteGround is the best choice or if you should look elsewhere.
Here’s a quick index to help you navigate this article:
So, let’s dive in.
SiteGround Review: In a Nutshell
SiteGround is one of those web hosting services that is recommended by WordPress itself. The primary reason behind this is because of their uptime and top-notch services that are included with all their plans.
SiteGround is a highly rated hosting provider that offers unique security and speed solutions for any kind of niche website.
You can check out our SiteGround coupon to get an exclusive discount on SiteGround now.
SiteGround has gained a significant name due to their 24/7 customer support. They have some of the best WordPress experts that are available via several sources any time on any day to solve any kind of issue for you.
What makes SiteGround unique is its affordability for the top-class services it provides. SiteGround is there for you as you grow by offering you several scalability options.
Offering you several required features, such as free SSL certification, multiple data center choices, ultra-fast performance, ultimate cache tools, a number of security options, and tools that will act as an aid in boosting your website or blog.
SiteGround Key Features & Benefits
The features that your web hosting provider offers play a lot of significance in shaping the performance of your website.
- Free SSL: To make things convenient for you, SiteGround offers free SSL certificates on all the plans, which come pre-installed on your website for hassle-free and secure web hosting for your audience.
- Free CDN: SiteGround offers a Cloudflare content delivery network on all plans, which gives a tremendous boost to your page loading time for your audience from various parts of the world. Your page is loaded from the closest location to your visitors, so you do not need to worry about having a slow page loading time.
- Automatic WordPress updates: it is essential to keep your website updated with the newest version of WordPress for more stable performance and better security. SiteGround automatically checks if the update is safe for your website and later updates it for you. You can also skip an upgrade if you do not like the new update of WordPress.
- SuperCache: SiteGround uses an NGINX based cache, which loads images and other items on your website faster than the memory time.
- Staging: With the staging tool, you can create a copy of your website and organize all the changes before publishing it or making it live. This feature is one of the essential elements that come in handy when you are building your website.
- Git integration: On the GoGeek plan, SiteGround offers a Git solution that lets you make repositories of your site and download, edit, and delete on various branches using Git integration.
SiteGround Performance and Speed
No matter if you are just starting your website or you are in the game for too long, speed is one of the most critical factors that will directly decide the success or failure of your website.
Good speed and performance will lead to a great success of your site while a slow site and lack of excellent performance will drastically decrease your audience, causing falling conversion rates, wrong SEO, and more.
You must have the best analysis of the speed offered by a web hosting provider.
SiteGround takes pride in their performance and speed, but is it that good? Let us have a look at uptime, page loading, and other aspects of speed and performance-boosting characteristics offered by SiteGround.
SiteGround offers one of the best uptimes, around 99.99% on average, which makes them one of the most reliable web hosting providers in terms of speed and performance.
With an uptime of 99.99%, you do not have to worry about your audience going away, and you do not miss out on grabbing your money.
Page Loading Time
It is well known that your audience will leave your website if it does not load quickly. Viewers do not like to wait for more than 3-4 seconds to load your site.
Therefore, you need a web hosting provider that will guarantee you one of the fastest page loading times, so your traffic keeps increasing.
Luckily, you do not have to stress out about slow loading time with SiteGround. SiteGround loads your website within one second, which is one of the fastest comparatively.
SiteGround inevitably falls in one of the fastest web hosting in terms of page loading time. There are no stressful situations leaving you in despair with slow loading times that distract your audience.
To cut it short, SiteGround offers a pretty fast page loading time that meets the requirements set by the standards for websites.
With perfect uptime and ultra-fast page loading time, your website faces little downtime in a month and continues to flourish.
How Does SiteGround Approach Backups?
Vulnerabilities are unpredictable. Hackers play their game within a fraction of seconds and leave your entire website a disaster.
It is essential that your web hosting provider keeps your data secure and is always prepared to face any of the problems that occur.
Your website’s information is one of the most critical assets of your website, and therefore, SiteGround strives hard to keep it secure.
SiteGround offers daily backup for all of its users and keeps the data secure with them for up to 30 days. If anything happens, you can restore your information any time for free at just the click of a button.
Additionally, you can also reset your emails any time with SiteGround, free of cost.
SiteGround offers on-demand backup and restores on their GrowBig and GoGeek plans without charging you extra. What we like about SiteGround’s backup feature is that you are not forced to back up your entire website.
Your website’s data is backed up and managed individually.
One of the most important things that you need to keep in mind is that if you are going for a Startup plan, you will not receive on-demand backup and restore; you will have to contact the SiteGround team.
SiteGround Hosting Features
Having useful features can boost your confidence in your website. SiteGround offers several amazing features that will catch your eye and give you a kick-start for your website.
- Free drag and drop website builder known as Weebly.
- You can create unlimited email accounts with your domain name for free.
- Create unlimited parking and subdomains for your websites with SiteGround.
- Spam protection: SiteGround offers spam protection for your emails so that you do not get bothered by unnecessary spam emails.
SiteGround Pricing Plans
SiteGround offers various pricing plans such as Cloud hosting, WordPress hosting, shared hosting, and dedicated web hosting. Let us check all these plans below:
- Shared Web hosting: Shared web hosting plans are suitable for beginners and new website owners. Shared web hosting plans are best suited to websites that receive low traffic because with shared web hosting plans, you will be sharing resources with other sites.
- WordPress Hosting: WordPress hosting is a fully managed web hosting service. This plan is entirely WordPress optimized and manages all the technical aspects for your website while you focus on growth and content.
- Dedicated servers: The dedicated server plans are some of the most expensive hosting plans offered by SiteGround. Even though the prices are high, it provides complete servers personally for your website and gives you more power to control your website. However, dedicated servers are not managed servers, which means you will have to manage all the aspects by yourself.
- Cloud Hosting: Cloud Hosting is best suited for growing businesses, blogs, and websites. Cloud hosting is an available upgrade to Shared hosting plans, as it allows you to use multiple serves on the cloud architecture.
- Enterprise Hosting: Enterprise hosting is a perfect plan for large business owners who expect a massive spike in traffic, with high requirements for their servers. SiteGround does not have specific pricing plans for Enterprise hosting; you instead get in touch with the team and get a customized plan that fits all the requirements for your websites.
Eventually, your website will grow, and you will have to change your plan accordingly; for that, SiteGround does not require you to migrate anywhere else.
SiteGround offers top-notch scalability options for your website, so they walk hand-in-hand with you on the road to success.
Which SiteGround Hosting Plan is the Best for You?
As you have read above, SiteGround offers several plans that are suitable for everyone, no matter how big or small your website is.
However, it is impossible to go with all the plans altogether. To have a smoother web hosting experience that fits all your needs, we recommend going for a WordPress web hosting plan.
The reason why we have picked it as our top pick is that SiteGround offers fully managed web hosting solutions at cheaper pricing compared to other web hosting service that leave your account empty with their expensive managed web hosting plans.
SiteGround provides a flexible operation for WordPress website owners. Let us have an in-depth look at various WordPress hosting plans offered by SiteGround:
- Startup: Startup plan starts at $6.99/month currently. As the name suggests, it is a perfect plan for beginners. The features that this plan offers are 10GB Webspace, free WP migration, 10,000 monthly visits, unmetered traffic, and more.
- GrowBig: GrowBig is a top-pick plan for most users because this plan is a perfect blend of affordability and functionality. It is an ideal solution for owners who want extra storage and want to host some websites. With the GrowBig plan, you can host an unlimited number of websites, 25,000 monthly visits, 20GB webspace, and more features.
- GoGeek: GoGeek plan starts at $14.99/month, and it is best suited for users who expect high traffic on their websites. You can host unlimited websites through this plan, get 40GB webspace, and unmetered traffic. This plan also brings a lot of additional features that are absent in the StartUp plan and GrowBig plans, such as Git integration, white-label clients, priority support, and more.
Eventually, your website will grow, and you will have to change your plans accordingly, and for that SiteGround does not ask you to migrate anywhere else.
SiteGround offers top-notch scalability options for your website, so they walk hand-in-hand with you to success.
Does SiteGround Offer Any Money Back Guarantee?
To know that your money is safe is crucial, and SiteGround understands how important your satisfaction is. Therefore, SiteGround offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on all their shared web hosting plans.
If you are going for their cloud hosting, dedicated, or VPS hosting plans, these only come with a 15-day money-back guarantee.
However, you can only ask for a refund as a new customer. The 30-day money-back guarantee does not apply on renewals. Additionally, you will not get a refund for your domain name fees and additional add-ons.
SiteGround Customer Support
SiteGround has received high approval from users all around the world due to their outstanding customer support offered by their team. SiteGround has several experts who are quick, helpful, and extremely friendly to solve your issues.
They have numerous support and documentation options available on various resources.
If you do not want to get in touch with the team and like to solve your problems on your own, SiteGround offers multiple tutorial videos, articles, blogs, guidelines, screenshots, and more that one can easily refer to.
You can also get human-to-human support instantly with their live chat support. Additionally, SiteGround offers 24/7 support by their experts via call, live chat, and email system.
You can expect a quick response to email within 10 minutes. SiteGround also offers priority support for significant plan users. If you are planning to go with the higher plans, you can get your problems solved within a fraction of a second.
How Does SiteGround Make Things Easy?
Having an easy to use interface is beneficial. SiteGround makes everything extremely smooth for all WordPress beginners as well as advanced users.
SiteGround allows you to install Weebly in just one click. Weebly lets you have complete control over your website with its easy drag and drop editing feature.
Rather than asking developers to help you with setting up a website, SiteGround offers one-click, easy to install WordPress so that you have a painless experience setting up your new website or blog.
Other than WordPress integration, SiteGround is intuitive, and the hosting is wholly monitored by the visual interface, which you can customize according to your needs.
Who is SiteGround Best Suited to?
SiteGround offers unbeatable speed and security solutions that are lacking in every other web hosting provider on the market.
There are some unmatched features that are provided by SiteGround that make it perfect for beginners as well as advanced users.
SiteGround handles small projects as well as major projects with their various and scalable hosting options.
If you are starting as a beginner, SiteGround acts as your best friend and walks you through all the minor details that will help you in understanding your website better.
You can also go with their managed WordPress hosting as a beginner to get a fully flexible solution. However, we especially recommend using SiteGround for:
- Top-notch solutions for WordPress websites
- Users who are looking for one of the best customer support experiences..
- Online stores, because SiteGround is a WooCommerce integrated web host that offers excellent tools for setting up your online store and taking it to the next level.
- Large business owners who encounter a vast amount of traffic. SiteGround offers stable performance even when there is a sudden spike in traffic.
- Those who are looking for some crucial features, like staging, Git integration, and more.
- SiteGround is suitable for anyone, whether they are beginners or professionals who are looking for high performance and excellent tools to boost their website, and for those who are not on a strict budget.
When Not to Go for SiteGround Hosting?
SiteGround is one of the richest in terms of features. However, people have different likes and dislikes. Here are a few reasons that it might not be the right host for you:
- If you are looking for cheap web hosting plans, then SiteGround might not be perfect for you. The plans start from $6.99/month, which isn’t the most economical option on the market.
- Suppose you are looking for high or unlimited storage. All the plans on SiteGround come with some limited room, which is one of the fundamental issues that some users might come across. To get additional storage, you will have to pay more.
Pros & Cons of SiteGround
No web hosting provider is perfect. Every web hosting provider comes with its pros and cons. Some advantages can be a boon for your website, but some drawbacks can disrupt the flow of your work.
So, before you make a choice, you must go thoroughly through all the pros and cons of SiteGround.
- Superfast: SiteGround’s servers are highly optimized to work as fast as lightning and to improve the performance of your website. SiteGround comes with SSD drives, built-in cache tools, and several software features that keep the speed uniform and fast.
- Secured servers: SiteGround offers highly secured servers and keeps the security of your website as a top priority with their various protection tools.
- Multiple locations: SiteGround has data centers at various places. As soon as you sign up, you can choose the data center of your choice.
- Intuitive: All the applications are one-click installable to save you time and reduce the stress. The entire system is incredibly intuitive and the features are integrated within.
- Unmetered traffic: unlike other hosting providers, SiteGround does not cost you extra for the amount of traffic.
- No free domain name: If you are just starting your website, having a free domain name adds a cherry on top. Most web hosting providers provide a free domain name to make the hosting experience easier and more affordable and to attract new customers. SiteGround does not offer a free domain name. When you are starting your website with SiteGround, you will have to pay $15.95/year for a domain name.
- High renewal rates: when you are a new customer, SiteGround lets you buy their cheapest plan for $6.99/month. However, your renewal cost jumps straight to $14.99/month and the other plans at $24.99 and $39.99/month. Most web hosting providers use this tactic of attracting customers at a low price and then charging more for renewal. The best option is to adopt SiteGround and lock the deal in for three years to have consistent pricing throughout three years, rather than paying double for the same service.
SiteGround Review: The Final Verdict
SiteGround has been boasting about their customer support and high-speed servers for years, and that is why we decided to try it out: to find out if SiteGround provides all the features that they promise to give.
We are blown away by their services that come at affordable pricing compared to the quality of the service they provide. SiteGround offers one of the best page loading times and uptimes compared to other web hosting providers.
Their customer support is tremendous, and the approach is exceptionally beginner-friendly, which makes building your website easy.
Your website is secure with SiteGround, as they offer several top-notch security solutions. One of the reasons that we recommend SiteGround is due to its scalability solutions. It is there for you as your website grows each step of the way.
If you are looking for a web hosting provider that makes your website blazing fast and gives you one of the best performances, SiteGround is a way to go.
We hope you found this SiteGround review helpful, and that you got a new look at how SiteGround works. Do let us know which feature attracted you the most in the comment section below.
If WPCity‘s post helped you, kindly share it on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Other Hosting Guides:
- Bluehost Review
- SiteGround vs WP Engine
- SiteGround vs Bluehost
- SiteGround vs A2 Hosting
- SiteGround vs DreamHost
- Best Web Hosting for Blogs
- Best Web Hosting Providers
- Best WooCommerce Hosting
- Best Web Hosting Providers for Beginners
- Best WordPress Hosting Providers
- Best Web Hosting for Small Business
- Best Cheap Web Hosting Plans for Bloggers