SiteGround and Bluehost are two of the most reliable and affordable web hosting providers. Both of them have a significant fan following of their own, and deciding among them is one of the toughest tasks.
You will stumble across several reviews which will leave your head spinning; we have been there and we know the hassle.
These both give cut-throat competition to each other, and both of them are recommended by WordPress, which can lead to considerable confusion among users.
So that you can have an insider’s perspective on which one is worth giving a try.
Read on to learn which is the best hosting provider for you, SiteGround or Bluehost.
Here’s a quick index to help you navigate this article:
So let’s dive in.
SiteGround vs Bluehost: Speed & Performance
Speed is one of the most critical parameters that you need to consider before selecting your host provider. No one likes slow servers, and they can lead to failures on your website or blog. Let us see which one is fastest.
SiteGround Speed & Performance
SiteGround has five data centers scattered across three different continents. It allows you to choose the closest datacenter to your audience to receive faster page loading times.
SiteGround offers content delivery through Cloudflare networks for fast content delivery of your website by routing traffic through global networks.
Uptime and SSD
With SiteGround, you get 99.99% guaranteed uptime, which means your site works and performs extra fast. SiteGround uses SSD Storage rather than traditional discs to provide significantly faster speeds.
Bluehost Speed & Performance
Bluehost has a vast number of data centers throughout the world. You can easily host your website at different locations in Europe, the US, India, and other places.
Bluehost offers a content delivery network with Cloudflare, just like SiteGround. You also get other security tools of Cloudflare, along with their regular security offers.
Uptime and SSD
Bluehost’s plans also come with SSD storage. With the quad processor servers, you can expect higher uptime of around 99.99% and scalable performance with lesser downtime.
SiteGround vs Bluehost: Hosting Feature Comparison
When it comes to comparing features, there are endless features that you need to look at.
However, it is impossible to compare all the features and look at every feature for each host; therefore, we have listed below some of the relevant features that you need in your hosting provider.
SiteGround Hosting Features
SiteGround does not offer a free domain name; instead, it offers domain name services such as domain registration, domain hosting, country domain names, and more.
SiteGround comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, but it is only applicable for shared web hosting plans. If you are using other plans, you cannot avail yourself of their 30 day money-back offer.
If you are unsatisfied with the service, you can ask for a refund, which will be credited back to your account.
If you are looking to switch your hosting provider to SiteGround, you will need to go with one of the higher-level plans. You get free site migration on GrowBig and GoGeek plans.
If you are using their start-up plan, you do not receive free migration; instead, you will have to pay some additional amount to migrate.
There is no obstacle coming in the way of your website’s success, as SiteGround gives you unlimited bandwidth so that you can drag as much traffic to your site as you want without worrying about paying extra.
You can create unlimited email accounts with SiteGround on your domain name, but the storage per account is limited for each plan.
Additional Freebies Offered by SiteGround
- Add collaboration on their GrowBig and GoGeek plans.
- Easy Git integration with their pre-installed Git on the GoGeek plans.
- Easily add White-label clients on GoGeek plans.
Bluehost Hosting Features
As soon as you sign up, you get a free domain name for one year. If you do not want to set up your domain name immediately, you can set it up later.
Bluehost comes with a 30 day money-back guarantee. If you apply for a refund within 30 days, you get a full refund, but if you use it for more than 30 days, you will only be refunded the days from the service period that you didn’t use.
Bluehost does not offer free site migration like SiteGround. If you want to switch from an existing hosting provider to Bluehost, you will have to pay around $144.99, which allows you to transfer up to five websites.
No matter what plan you are opting for, bandwidth is unlimited with Bluehost. You can drag substantial traffic without any restrictions or performance instability with Bluehost.
For an entry-level plan, you can create only five email accounts with 100MB storage. However, if you go for their pro plans, you get unlimited email accounts and space, just like with SiteGround.
Additional Freebies Offered by Bluehost:
- Create unlimited sub-domains with Bluehost with zero restrictions.
- You get an all-in-one marketing center with their dashboard, which allows you to
- manage your social media, SEO, traffic, and more from one place.
- Hundreds of professional-looking themes to give your site a beautiful look.
Related Reading: Bluehost Coupon (Get Up to 65% Off Now)
SiteGround vs Bluehost: Security
Your security is an essential requirement for your web hosting provider. SiteGround and Bluehost both offer top-notch protection; however, let us see which one provides the best security for your website.
SiteGround offers daily backups of your data and files for free on every plan. If you go for higher plans, you can opt for on-demand backups on their higher plans. By accessing daily backups, you can restore your files any time.
SiteGround comes with HackAlert– their premium malware detection that warns you earlier whenever it detects any threats to your website.
SiteGround also has a wide range of DDoS protection, such as a local software firewall. It also comes with IPS, which blocks attackers before they get to your website.
Additional Security Measures
- On all plans, SiteGround regularly adds new security rules for maintaining a web application Firewall that patches vulnerabilities on your website.
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certifications for every website to create a safer environment for you.
- To block millions of threats for your website, SiteGround offers its unique Al Anti-Bot system.
Bluehost encourages daily backups. However, they are limited. You can use the add-on known as SiteBackup Pro to create your backups.
For better security, Bluehost provides ‘SiteLock,’ which provides spam monitoring, DDoS attack protection, daily scans for malware, site verification certificate, and more.
Additional Security Measures
- Account isolation to protect your website from shared server threats.
- Basic business verification.
- Free SSL Certification on all plans.
SiteGround vs Bluehost: Ease of Use
It is crucial that your web host is built keeping beginners in mind. It gets challenging to manage your website when you are a beginner if it’s built on complicated management.
SiteGround Ease of Use
SiteGround offers its customer control panel, which gives you more power to manage and host your website. SiteGround provides multiple tools that help you build your website quickly and intuitively.
We would call SiteGround a beginner-friendly web hosting experience. It also offers a WordPress starter plugin to help beginners understand the process better.
Bluehost Ease of Use
Bluehost offers a solution-based control panel that brings an email accounts file manager and more. You can also use Cloudflare to help you manage your website on both hosting providers.
You can easily manage your website trouble-free with their intuitive cPanel.
SiteGround vs Bluehost: WordPress Installation
The majority of people use WordPress, and your host provider must offer servers that are WordPress optimized to increase the productivity of your website. Let us look at WordPress features that SiteGround and Bluehost offer.
SiteGround WordPress Installation
SiteGround comes with easy to install WordPress at one-click. Your website gets automatic WordPress updates and automatic plugin updates.
SiteGround uses its in-house caching technology known as ‘SuperCacher’ to help your WordPress site perform better.
If you go with their higher plans, you are provided a staging area, which means you can check and edit how your website looks before publishing it.
You will also be equipped with a lot of advanced tools that are optimized for WordPress and make things easier.
Update manager comes in handy, and the beginner’s guide to WordPress is offered to all users, so you won’t have any issues related to your hosting.
Bluehost WordPress Installation
However, Bluehost’s features, in terms of WordPress, are limited. For the caching system, you need to install a plugin separately. You do not receive automatic WordPress updates like with SiteGround.
Bluehost does not even offer automatic plugin updates like SiteGround. If you want to look at how your website looks to your audience and have a front-end view, Bluehost does not offer staging areas on any of their plans.
It is easy to see that SiteGround offers more WordPress features than Bluehost; SiteGround is the winner here.
SiteGround vs Bluehost: Customer Support
Customer support and service is one of the essential aspects that you need to look at when you are choosing a hosting web service.
No matter how expert you are, you will need assistance at certain points, and having friendly support will help you keep issues at bay and continue building your website.
SiteGround Customer Support
SiteGround offers one of the best customer support platforms. Their support is award-winning and has several staff ready to get in touch with you. SiteGround provides quick solutions to the tiniest queries with their friendly staff.
You can get in touch with them in four ways –call, chat, ticket, or email. Through live chat, you can get an instant reply to any of your questions.
When you use their email or ticketing system, you can expect to get a response in less than 10 minutes from their experts. SiteGround takes pride in its excellent staff.
If you do not know where to begin, you can get in touch with them, and they will assist you with all the details about SiteGround and their plans.
According to the size of your website, they will guide you through the best plan suitable for your website. You can also get priority service on the higher plans.
Bluehost Customer Support
Bluehost offers fast and reliable customer support, as well.
On all the plans, you get a free consultation with their team of experts who will guide you through various issues, such as speed, performance, blogging, security issues, traffic generation, and more.
You can also get in touch to select a plan for your website. If you go through their website, you will find many tutorials and blogs for users to solve their issues.
Bluehost also offers various marketing services, such as SEO, web design, and content creation. You can get in touch with the team via call, email, or chat.
The chat is a 24/7 service that gives instant replies to all questions. If you want to get in touch via phone call, their business hours are from 10 AM to 10 PM.
SiteGround vs Bluehost: Pricing Battle
Pricing is, again, an essential factor. Some users need to be on a budget, while some need excellent services and are ready to drop some extra cash for the right hosting provider.
Cheap web hosting providers often make your website slow, dooming your growth.
It is crucial to go with a hosting provider who is trustworthy and comes at a reasonable price and includes the right features. Coming to SiteGround vs. Bluehost, let me guide you through their plans.
SiteGround Pricing Plans
- Startup: This plan starts at $6.99/month, currently discounted from $14.99/month. This is suitable to host one website. The features this plan offers are 10GB webspace, free SSL, free email, free CDN, unlimited database, 10,000 visits a month, daily backups, and more.
- GrowBig: This plan currently starts at $9.99/month, discounted from $24.99/month. You can host unlimited websites with the GrowBig plan and get 20GB Webspace, 25,000 visits a month, universal databases, automatic backups, and more.
- GoGeek: The GoGeek plan is currently at $14.99/month, formerly $39.99/month. You get 40GB web space, 100,000 visits, unmetered traffic, unlimited websites hosting, a staging environment, add collaboration, and more.
Bluehost Pricing Plans
Bluehost offers various hosting plans depending on the kind of web hosting you are opting for. Below we have listed plans for shared web hosting services.
- Basic: This entry-level plan starts at $2.95/month currently. It comes with 25 subdomains, 50GB SSD Storage, Free SSL, standard performance, and more.
- Plus: Currently, the Plus plan is $5.45/month. You can host unlimited websites, get unlimited SSD Storage, unlimited subdomains, spam experts, and more features that come along with this plan.
- Choice plus: Choice plus also starts at $5.45/month currently. This plan is the most recommended plan by Bluehost because you get to host unlimited websites and get unlimited storage. You get all the features of Plus, along with domain protection and privacy, and CodeGuard Basic.
- Pro: Pro plan is currently at $13.95/month. This is perfect for significant businesses or website owners. You get a dedicated IP, high performance, unlimited storage, and you can host unlimited websites with them.
Deciding which is the best in terms of pricing is a difficult call because both of them offer budget hosting with some excellent features.
However, if you go for Bluehost, you will have to commit for three years to get the pricing. You can also go for their yearly and two-year plans, but it is slightly more expensive than the three-year plans.
When to Choose SiteGround?
There are several reasons to go with SiteGround, but we would especially recommend going with SiteGround if:
- You are looking for one of the fastest uptimes and great performance from your website.
- You need one of the best security services from a web hosting provider to protect your website from unwanted threats.
- You want more WordPress features.
- You want to migrate from your current host to a new one without paying extra.
- You will be satisfied with 40GB storage.
- You need more backup options for your website.
- You want quick and instant solutions via their customer service.
When to Choose Bluehost?
We would recommend going for Bluehost if:
- You can pay extra for the migration of your website.
- You want a free domain name for a year without any extra cost.
- You are looking for an unlimited storage option.
- You need cheaper pricing plans to host your website.
- You can be patient with performance and customer support.
The Bottom Line
Choosing between SiteGround and Bluehost is a tough call because they both offer all the necessary features.
When comparing both of them, we learned that both of them are unique in their ways, and both of them provide some of the best features that you are looking for in a host.
Bluehost has some of the excellent features that SiteGround lacks, while SiteGround offers some of the best features that Bluehost does not offer. However, both of them are feature-rich and present a solid quality of web hosting.
If you are asking us which is our choice, let us tell you that we would not mind paying some extra cash to get the best hosting experience.
We would go with SiteGround, even if the plans are slightly more expensive. With SiteGround, you do not have to commit for two or three years, unlike Bluehost.
SiteGround offers better performance and speed than Bluehost. The security options of SiteGround are better than Bluehost.
Out of all the comparisons that we made, SiteGround almost won the majority of them. It is safe to say that SiteGround wins over Bluehost with its outstanding features at an affordable price.
However, if you are on a budget and are looking for cheap hosting options, you should go with Bluehost.
Other Hosting Guides:
- SiteGround Review
- Bluehost Review
- WPX Hosting Review
- SiteGround vs DreamHost
- DreamHost vs Bluehost
- HostGator vs GoDaddy
- Bluehost vs GoDaddy
- FlyWheel vs SiteGround
- Bluehost Alternatives
- VPS Hosting vs Shared Hosting
- VPS Hosting vs Dedicated Hosting
- Cloud Hosting vs WordPress Hosting
- Best Web Hosting Providers for Beginners
- Best WordPress Hosting Providers