The world of web design and development has evolved from tediously coding by hand to achieve mediocre webpages to simply editing all aspects of your website with just a few clicks.
With a popular theme builder for WordPress such as Elementor, creating, developing, and maintaining your web design is now easier more than ever.
The Hello Elementor Theme is one of the most basic theme builders free to the public and was developed specifically for use with Elementor and WordPress.
Whether this is your first time creating a WordPress website or you’re quite familiar with the popular web design platform, the Elementor Theme Builder, if not already, is likely to be your most utilized and prized tool when it comes to designing every aspect of your website!
Related reading: Do You Need a Theme With Elementor Pro?
Here’s a quick index to help you navigate this article:
So let’s dive in.
What Themes Are Offered Through Elementor?
If you’re not already familiar with Elementor or still unsure of how it works, Elementor is basically a plugin for WordPress that provides users the comfort of easily developing their website as well as building and editing web pages.
Popular for its signature “drag & drop” editor, Elementor has become the #1 WordPress theme builder for users beginner to advanced.
With over nine different advantages that Elementor offers you, you are able to seamlessly build the theme you’ve always dreamed of for your website.
In order to access Elementor’s Theme Builder, you do have to have Elementor Pro, which is a subscription available for purchase on Elementor’s website.
Both themes are compatible with Elementor, and more specifically, any theme that is available for use with WordPress is compatible with Elementor.
Ultimately, you should use a theme that goes along with the idea you have for your web design.
Additionally, if you’re creating a specific type of website such as a business web page or a personal blog, consider choosing a theme best suited for either one.
Free and Premium Elementor Themes
The prices for subscribing to Elementor Pro range from $49 a year for one website to $199 year for over 1000 websites. For just $99 a year, you have the luxury of creating up to three websites using Elementor.
If you’re not keen on subscribing just yet, there’s no need to worry, Elementor has a select number of themes for free!
At the top of the list of those few select themes for free, there is none other than the Hello Elementor Theme.
This theme is described as “plain-vanilla” and is great for those new to the Elementor Theme Builder or, better yet, interested in creating a less complex page design for their website.
The Hello Elementor Theme is one of the most recommended for its sleek, basic style, great for beginners. It was created by the developers at Elementor and is one of the many free themes you can use.
Although this theme is free, it’s meant to be used with Elementor Pro, so there are limitations when it comes to customizing the theme itself.
For this reason, you should take note that with any of the free themes offered by Elementor, you will still be able to use them, but you will not be able to build upon the original layout and design of the theme.
“Keep in mind that the Hello Elementor Theme is specifically designed to work with Elementor Pro, so users who don’t have Pro, and therefore don’t have access to our Theme Builder, may wish to choose a theme that has more built-in options for controlling layout and design.”
Some additional Elementor themes available for free include, but are not limited to:
- Neve — described as “minimalist” for its unique manner of providing users ease when it comes to quickly and effectively design the pages of their WordPress website.
- Zakra — this is a great theme to start with because it offers over 40 demos from which you can build your own personalized theme. This theme is just a step up or two from the Hello Theme Builder and also offers a lightweight approach to theme building for WordPress.
- Ashe — also another theme well-suited for WordPress beginners and experts alike, the Ashe Theme can be edited and customized to create a mobile-friendly layout for your website and is highly compatible Elementor.
- BuWoo — the BuWoo theme is one of the themes in particular that can be customized, even by users without Elementor Pro. For that reason, it’s recommended for use if you’d like to have more freedom with editing the layout of the theme with having to use Elementor Pro. It also comes with several layout designs ready to use.
- Layers — this is well-suited to fit any website design for any and all purposes/occasions. Through WordPress’s site builder, you can easily customize the layout of the Layers Theme for free.
In addition to these diverse selections of free themes for Elementor, there are also a number of premium themes that are available to users.
The premium themes for Elementor, the user experience of building upon the themes offered is enhanced so much more.
Not only are you able to have access to more visually pleasing themes, but you’re also to build upon those themes to better align with the vision you have for your WordPress website.
For a comprehensive list of premium themes to use with Elementor, visit here.
WordPress Themes That Work With Elementor
When it comes to themes to use with Elementor, you’re not just limited to those specifically named by Elementor. WordPress also offers themes to use with its popular plugin, and guess what? They’re free!
Only free themes specifically designed by Elementor are limited in how their layouts and designs can be customized.
With free themes offered by web design platforms other than Elementor, you don’t have as many limitations, and even better, you’re not obligated to subscribe in order to gain access to better features.
Some of the free WordPress themes that you can use with Elementor are:
Additionally, Zakra and Layers are also free through WordPress as well. All themes are available to download for free and offer amazing, if not better, results when it comes to developing and designing a WordPress website.
Are All Themes Compatible With Elementor?
There’s no right or wrong way you can go when trying to decide which theme to use with Elementor. There is, however, one thing you should pay attention to when selecting a theme to use.
Because all Elementor themes are specifically optimized to work with WordPress and Elementor is a plugin created for WordPress, all themes have to be compatible with WordPress in order to work with Elementor.
Likewise, regardless of whichever theme you choose to use with Elementor, WordPress, or from a different developer, it’s important that the theme is compatible with Elementor.
As far as all other themes developed outside of WordPress and Elementor go, those that adhere to the coding standards of WordPress are compatible with Elementor and should work just fine.
Considering any theme created to be compatible with the coding standards of WordPress is safe to use with Elementor, you shouldn’t have to worry much about those specific themes not working with Elementor.
Read More Elementor Articles:
- Elementor Pro Review
- Elementor vs Elementor Pro
- How to Get Started With Elementor
- How to Use the Elementor Free Page Builder
- How to Use the Elementor Theme Builder
- How to Add a Popup With Elementor
- Create a Cookie Consent Popup Using Elementor
- How to Create a Login Form Popup With Elementor
- How to Create a Related Popup Using Elementor
- Benefits of Buying Elementor Pro
- Do You Need a Theme With Elementor Pro?
- Is the Plugin Elementor an Easy Way to Build Websites?