Page builders are online platforms that help users design their websites according to their needs. For instance, a person starting a blog on WordPress would want to style his or her website with specific placements of comments, pictures, and other content.
The Elementor website also started off as a page builder; however, it only had some predesigned themes with which one could play around.
Its premium version, Elementor Pro, is a plugin for WordPress that has quickly become one of the most popular page builders to date.
With Elementor Pro, one can build a whole theme from scratch using the same interface that exists on the Elementor website. The drag and drop method is convenient for users to modify:
and other elements for their websites. With Elementor Pro, it seems like there are no limitations to being creative about what you want viewers to see on your website because everything can be altered according to your choice.
WordPress itself needs to have a theme installed to work. Elementor Pro has tackled that condition wisely. With a blank theme, one can bypass all the chunks of material they don’t need and dive right into an empty canvas, to begin with.
Elementor provides with this empty canvas to its customers, which it has named the “Hello” theme.
Here’s a quick index to help you navigate this article:
So let’s dive in.
The Hello Theme
The Elementor developers have introduced the “Hello” theme, which is a blank theme. A typical page with this theme looks like a blank white page.
It can be used by designers who don’t want to work with predesigned templates and themes. Why choose the “Hello” theme?
- It has a blank interface, so nothing needs to be removed to start from scratch.
- It is known to be a lightweight and clean theme.
- It has a low risk of compatibility issues with Elementor and other plugins.
- No color inconsistencies have been recorded till date when working on this theme
- The site loads faster with this theme, and therefore it is also going to give better SEO results.
- The theme developers have made the theme to be free forever.
- The Hello theme does not require coding for customization. It can be customized with Elementor.
Read more details and features of Hello Theme here.
Why Elementor Pro?
Installing the premium version of Elementor has its good share of advantages:
- The simple Elementor version has 28 widgets, while the premium version provides a total of 58 widgets to work with. These include WooCommerce widgets, which can make your e-commerce page extremely easy to modify.
- It comes with popup builders, which other page builders have not yet delved into. Pop-ups can become a unique feature on a website if designed properly.
- Every part of a theme can be customized without any limitations, unlike the free version where you can only edit the content area of the page.
- It has more interactive elements than the basic version
- The pro version comes with 300+ templates to work with.
- It comes with helpful video guides if the user is confused along the way.
- Contact forms and pricing tables can be added.
- You can revert to a previous version of the page. It is like an undo option that helps you fix something if it is messed up.
- You can insert elements in the sidebar and widgets, which makes work more user friendly.
Read more features of Elementor Pro here.
Customizing Predesigned Theme Templates in Elementor Pro
Elementor Pro allows existing themes to be customized as well. It has options to choose from pre-designed templates that one can modify according to their own content.
Predesigned themes in Elementor Pro include:
- homepage templates
- landing page designs
- templates for restaurant menus
- contact information templates
- about page templates
and many others. The themes do not restrict the users, and they can add or remove elements in template according to their choice.
They can also add more than one theme on the same page and customize the elements of each theme inside the page.
The theme you create yourself or customize can also be saved in the template library for later use.
How Does Elementor Pro Work Around Themes?
Instead of just having to add texts and images to the website design, one can use Elementor Pro do go a step ahead with page building.
More advanced layouts can be made with many rows and columns whose appearance can be altered in different ways. Sizes of any element can be changed on the dashboard using drag and drop options.
Widths of columns, margins, headers, and footers, all can be resized in the interface easily.
The advantage of the Elementor Pro page builder is that its user interface, where one designs the whole website, shows what the page will look like when it is published.
Therefore, designing the website becomes easier, and users depend less on guesswork and more on their intuition. Headers of one page can be made different from the next page.
For instance, you can have a permanent header for a homepage that displays while scrolling and then another header for a different page on the website.
Elementor Pro can work around any well-coded WordPress theme and modify it according to the user`s needs. Through the theme builder, dynamic templates can be created. Users can choose where and when the layouts are used on the site.
Conditions can be set in the interface when designing. For example, the user can decide which page a certain thing is displayed on and where it shouldn’t be seen.
Elementor Pro and WooCommerce
Apart from its many advantages, Elementor Pro is also a good choice when choosing a page builder because it has full WooCommerce support.
WooCommerce is an e-commerce plugin for WordPress with which one can sell their products through the website. Before Elementor Pro, coding was required to work with WooCommerce for your WordPress Website.
Since WooCommerce is compatible with Elementor Pro, whatever theme you are using or even if your theme is made from scratch, WooCommerce won’t be a problem for you to sell your goods.
Elementor’s WooCommerce Builder has a product archive widget where you can choose which products to display on your site. The design, brand, and social share buttons can be altered in the layout like in any theme being modified using Elementor Pro.
This is an important breakthrough because websites, where buying and selling is carried out, need to be unique and eye-catching.
Because there is no need for coding now, it opens many avenues for designers to increase the footfall on their websites using well-designed layouts and websites.
Elementor Pro Shortcomings
Even though Elementor Pro is currently on top of the competition, it has one problem that may bother the user, that is inline text editing. Usually, on page builders, when the text area on the design is clicked, you can start typing in that area.
With Elementor Pro, the text is typed on the sidebar area, which is a few extra clicks than other page builders.
The page instantly gives a preview of what is written and where you want it to be written, so the only issue is having to type on the sidebar instead of where you want the text to be.
Elementor Pro is a leading page builder today, and that is because it is user friendly and coding-free.
However, it still gives the option to access custom CSS easily. This is an important aspect because no matter how powerful a tool is, if it is not easy to use, then it cannot achieve its actual purpose.
Read More Elementor Articles:
- Elementor Pro Review
- Elementor vs Elementor Pro
- How to Get Started With Elementor
- How to Use the Elementor Free Page Builder
- How to Use the Elementor Theme Builder
- How to Add a Popup With Elementor
- Elementor vs Beaver Builder
- Is Elementor Enough for a Web Designer?
- Benefits of Buying Elementor Pro
- How Much Does Elementor Pro Cost?
- Does Elementor slow down your site?
- What Themes Should I Use With Elementor?
- Is the Plugin Elementor an Easy Way to Build Websites?