Figuring out whether you should use LearnDash can be daunting, especially if you already have a learning management system built on top of WordPress.
That’s why many companies and organizations are hesitant to use this plugin for their WordPress site. But who should really be using LearnDash, and what can you expect from it?
A business distributing courses or training uses LearnDash. Some of the companies using it include Yoast Academy, My Study Series, PerfectMyMusic, Drone Academy, and Fire Safe Training. Though the industries are different, each is seeing great success using this learning management system.
These are just some examples of organizations using LearnDash, but it showcases what you can really do with this LMS. Stick around because we’ll talk more about whether you should use LearnDash for your business or not.
Check out our in-depth LearnDesh Review to get details insights of LearnDash
What Can You Do With LearnDash?
LearnDash is a WP plugin that allows you to convert your site from a content management system (CMS) to a learning management system (LMS).
Although WordPress – and the available plugins – are more than enough to provide you with a robust platform where you can build online courses, the process may not be seamless.
For example, you can put together a set of WordPress plugins that will allow you to create online courses, extend it with another plugin to drip-feed the content, and then “gamify” it by offering certificates and badges.
You can also find another plugin that will allow you to create a forum for your members to discuss their lessons.
All of them may work together, but it will require a lot of work to ensure that there won’t be issues with their integration.
LearnDash combines all the features you might need for your website, ensuring that you have a smooth-flowing course for your members without the need for multiple plugins and of course, multiple license fees.
Related Reading: Best LearnDash Review
Who Should Be Using LearnDash?
With a very distinct set of features, it’s easy to determine how companies can benefit from using LearnDash.
Basically, if you have an online course, LearnDash can make it easy for you to manage the learning flow.
Whether you only have one course on your site or manage an online education platform that manages different curriculum for different levels of learners, LearnDash can provide you with everything you need.
Websites That Use LearnDash
Any company or organization distributing courses may sound vague, so to help you figure out whether you should use LearnDash or not, here are nine examples of businesses and organizations that are using LearnDash as their LMS for WordPress:
- My Study Series is a private company that provides a learning platform for senior high school students in New Zealand. They are using the national curriculum for the country and are marketing it to different schools to help them implement homeschooling for their students.
- PerfectMyMusic is an online music school that helps its students improve sight-singing and learn music theory through different levels and courses. Similarly, they are marketing it to music schools and teachers to provide them with a platform they can use to help them teach their students online.
- Drone Academy is a community-based learning platform for drone enthusiasts who want to improve how they handle unmanned systems. They offer training courses, learning platforms, and study groups that ensure their members get the most out of their courses.
- Fire Safe Training is a site that provides certified fire and safety courses for anyone who wants to become a firefighter. People can buy courses individually, depending on their goal and what they need to become a certified firefighter.
- Yoast Academy is probably one of the most popular online learning platforms for anyone who wants to learn more about SEO and generating organic traffic. They’re offering two types of membership for their members: free for SEO basics and premium for untethered access to all of their courses.
- OptinMonster Academy teaches internet marketers how to grow their email lists and get better conversion rates for their eCommerce stores. They are offering all of these for free, which only shows that you can also use LearnDash even if you’re not selling online courses.
- ProBlogger Courses is a store for online courses that helps people be more successful with their blogs. Although it works as an online store, they still use LearnDash to manage their member’s access to these courses. Visitors can also purchase individual courses instead of gaining access to everything that they have all at once.
- Johns Hopkins University (TCI) has one of the largest online university projects, and it runs using LearnDash. Aside from using it as their learning management system, they’ve also connected it to another program that allows them to build an app for this university project.
- Collibra University provides various courses for data governance with different courses and certifications for their students. They are using the combination of LearnDash and BuddyPress to provide their students with better personalization and a community where they can freely discuss their ideas.
Conclusion: Who Uses LearnDash?
With everything that LearnDash offers, it’s easy to understand why thousands of businesses and organizations are using it for their platform.
The versatility that it offers ensures that you will have the system you need for content delivery without using multiple plugins.
Whether you’re selling individual courses like ProBlogger Courses, or you’re offering an all-in membership like Yoast University, you can be sure that LearnDash has everything you’ll need to help you manage your system.
Other LMS Articles: