Most individuals who are building a webpage will use Elementor. While Elementor is relatively new to the scene, as it was launched in 2016, it has become quite popular and there are a few reasons why.
Elementor is the best page builder because you do not need to understand any codes to build a page. There are numerous templates and widgets on the free version of Elementor that you can use to have your page looking like a one-of-a-kind.
Elementor has many features that have allowed it to become one of the best page builders out there.
If you are new to discovering what Elementor can do for you, there are options from custom CSS to popup builders that you will learn about to make the best page possible.
Here’s a quick index to help you navigate this article:
So let’s dive in.
What Can Elementor Do?
With a page builder plugin that was just released to the world in 2016, you would probably expect there to be many glitches and fewer users because of it.
On the contrary, Elementor now boasts 5,000,000+ users. That is a lot of users in such a short time from the launch date.
With Elementor you have the option of using the following on your page with no problem:
- Widgets: Widgets help to provide your page visitors with more information and offer other design elements. You can create different tabs or add links. There are over 90 different widgets to use.
- Templates: There are hundreds of pages and block templates that will be offered to you. This helps take the guesswork out of how and where you should put some of your headers and widgets.
- Popup Building: With this feature, you have the ability to design popups. So, if a visitor is on a specific page a popup will appear that advertises something else.
- WooCommerce Builder: If you have any services or products that you wish to sell directly on your page, you can design your online shop.
- Create Whole Themes: Create your page from the ground up. Design your own headers and tabs that represent your brand. You can include testimonials or your own icons.
- Landing Page Builder: There is no need to know any codes to create a landing page with Elementor. You can start with a blank page or choose from over 100 templates.
Most users of Elementor praise the page builder for having a virtually glitch-free interface, along with being responsive to all commands.
So, whether someone visits your page by smartphone or desktop, it will always respond and convert the look of your page to meet the medium it is being shown on.
Everything you need to build a page is in Elementor. Let’s look at the benefits and disadvantages of using Elementor?
Are There Any Pros and Cons to Using Elementor?
If you are still on the fence about using Elementor, the best way to remedy that is to make a pros and cons list. Determine why you need a page builder and if Elementor can offer you any specific needs that will help you along the way.
Pros of Using Elementor
There are many reasons as to why Elementor has been at the top of its game for 4 years.
Not only with the free version do you have access to what seems like an unlimited number of features, but with the pro version, there are even more options to choose from.
- How the interface is setup can make even beginners feel at ease when creating their own page. There are 3 sections that help with building your page:
- You will notice a big open space in the middle of your screen when you install Elementor. This is the Live Preview. You will be designing what visitors see and how they will see it when they open your page.
- There is a sidebar to your left that houses your widget options. You can bring in your own designs and save them for the future. Add columns or icons to your page when necessary.
- At the bottom of your screen under the sidebar, is where your redo and preview buttons are. If you hit the preview button, Elementor will take away the sidebar and other tools so that you can see the full scope of your page.
When it comes to placing your widgets on your page, Elementor will not snap it to a specific location.
You have the freedom of custom positioning, that allows you to place your widgets wherever you like to make your page perfect for you.
You do not need to know how to code at any point when building your page with Elementor. Although, if you do not mind coding, you have the option of using custom CSS. With Elementor Pro you can expand on the CSS factor even more.
Cons of Using Elementor
If you are looking to build a page anywhere other than WordPress.org you are in for a sad time. The Elementor plugin can only be used on WordPress at this time.
All of the templates and widgets for both the free and pro versions are not combined. So, if you see something you like and would like to put it onto your page, make sure it lines up with the version you are using.
If you were to upgrade from the free version to the pro, there have been reports that the switch may not be so smooth. Sometimes Elementor may not open back up after the switch and this can happen for several other reasons.
Either way, it is up to you if you choose to use Elementor as a page builder. If you do, the next hardest part would be to figure out which version is best for you.
Which Elementor Version is Best for You?
It can be tough choosing which version of Elementor is best for you. It is best to sit down and look at the comparable benefits between the two.
Take note, that if you wish to run a free trial for the pro version, it is unavailable at the moment. Although, Elementor will refund you your money during the first 30 days if you do not like it.
Are You Sticking With the Free Elementor Version?
The free version of Elementor is great for beginners or someone who just needs a basic page. If you wish to sell anything or build popups, you will not receive these benefits with the free version.
Compared to the pro version, you mostly will be able to drag and drop anything to your page and can choose from 30 widgets.
If you wish to have access to any motion effects or theme builders, it would be wise to invest in the pro version.
However, sometimes less is more. If you feel that you do not need every feature that Elementor has to offer you, then you should consider the free version.
Why Choose the Elementor Pro Version?
There are three yearly pricing options for Elementor Pro. All three options have all of the same benefits, but they have a limited number of sites you can create. The three Elementor Pro versions are:
- Personal ($49): If you have just one site to create, this would be your best option to save money with.
- Plus ($99): Do you have multiple businesses or services that you wish to create different pages for? With the Plus plan, you have the option of making three sites with all the same benefits.
- Expert ($199): This package is their most popular of the three. You receive everything under the sun, from widgets and templates to support and updates for one year for 1,000 sites that you create.
Check out our Elementor Pro Discount to get an exclusive discount on Elementor now.
In Conclusion: Why is Elementor the Best Page Builder?
Elementor can be used by anyone that sees fit to build a great page. The available builders and templates that are at your disposable will make building your page fun.
If WPCity‘s this post helped you, give us a thumbs up by sharing this post on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Read More Elementor Articles:
- Elementor Pro Review
- Elementor vs Elementor Pro
- How to Get Started With Elementor
- How to Use the Elementor Free Page Builder
- How to Use the Elementor Theme Builder
- How to Add a Popup With Elementor
- How to Create a Countdown Popup Using Elementor
- Create a Cookie Consent Popup Using Elementor
- How to Create a Login Form Popup With Elementor
- How to Create a Subscribe Form Popup With Elementor
- Do You Need a Theme With Elementor Pro?
- Is the Plugin Elementor an Easy Way to Build Websites?