An Unbiased Comparison of 10 Top WordPress Page Builders in the Market Now
In this best 2023 WordPress page builders review, we’ll detail what makes each of the ten options indispensable and then we’ll recommend the best one at the end.
So, you have a WordPress blog but it doesn’t feel or work as you intended? Or you wish it was easier to customize your WordPress blog to look, feel, and work like your favorite blogs. And if you are planning to create a blog and become an influencer in your niche, getting a good WordPress plugin will help you attract, engage, and retain loyal readers.
The top on that list should be choosing the best WordPress page builders 2020.
Why Use a WordPress Page Builder?
With a top WordPress page builder plugins, you can create, customize, and edit your site fast and easy. And you can do that without killing time on learning coding languages. Or spending loads of cash to hire a website developer and designer.
WordPress is improving its own Gutenberg block builder from the Classic Editor days. But Gutenberg is still a work in progress-if not downright clunky.
Keep in mind that it takes less than 5 seconds for readers to form an opinion about the site and decide whether to stay or bolt. If your site looks, feels, and takes ages to load all its elements, you’ll lag behind other influencers, lose followers, and hunker down your own growth.
But if you can get a top drag and drop page builder plugins for WordPress, you can make tweaking your website layout so much easier while making it truly yours in a few clicks.
For example, this page builder will let you click directly on a page and start editing away while you preview all the changes you make in real-time. No need to click “save changes” first, reload the page, and wait to see how it looks like.
Then clicking back to make further edits. With a true What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) WordPress page builder plugins, making changes becomes a breeze. And we could all use some time saved.
Now, all the contenders in this WordPress page builders review claim to offer the best in their marketing paraphernalia. But it is up to you to make that call.
Some Big Selling Points You’ll Want to Check-list Include:
- Ease of use
- Boost to your site’s SEO (mobile-friendliness, load time, overall responsiveness)
- Special features that set it apart (say, special eCommerce features, content repositioning, color schemes, WordPress landing pages)
- Number and quality of templates
- Styling/customization options
- Exit options if you ever want to leave
- Selection of integrations from the WordPress developer community
- Features included for the free plans vs paid plans
Comparison of Top WordPress Page Builder Plugins
A comprehensive page builder for WordPress with tons of easy-to-use, SEO-friendly for anyone—beginners to pros.
A premium page builder that’s best for creating gorgeous, feature-rich WordPress websites.
A great page builder for WordPress users looking for multisite capabilities, a collection of good templates, and the ability to work CSS.
A respectable WordPress page builder aimed squarely at the online marketer with its email list building and conversion-focused features.
A simple, complete website page builder with a generous variety of templates and widgets and unlimited updates for under $60.
|Themify Builder |
An affordable drag-and-drop page builder with huge customization options, including Themefy Themes, 60 widgets, even more widgets, and 60 layouts for $59.
A top-notch Divi Builder alternative, get it if you want a variety of modern webmaster tools and stunning design options both and at a flexible investment
|MotPress Visual Page Builder |
A go-to page builder for WordPress if you are looking for a simple, full front-end editing experience and WordPress multisite support for $29.
|Oxygen Builder |
Excellent WordPress page builder for the developer or designer that wants more control over the creation process but cherishes a good selection of pre-made animations, widgets, and layouts to make things happen.
|SiteOrigin's Page Builder |
The clear starting point, especially if you are unfamiliar with Premium WP page builders in the market right now—and prefer a wordpress plugin rather than a full-featured builder Over to you.
10 Best WordPress Page Builder Plugins Review
To help you with that here’s a deep-dive into each of the top WordPress page builder plugins so you can invest in a good one for your specific needs.
A powerful realization you’ll make when using Elementor is you can literally create any type of custom website and make it stunning.
From the color scheme to the choice of add-ons, landing pages, blogs, and online store layouts, the Elementor page builder plugins for WordPress offers pretty much a one-stop spot for a bunch of webmasters provisions.
That includes 90+ widgets and 300+ templates, including special theme and WooCommerce specific elements.
That means you don’t have to dabble in different third-party plugins to achieve just the right combination of features and benefits to make your site truly yours-from the header to the footer.
It is a visual page builder plugins, meaning you can see everything on the side as you make changes.
And with its massive community of WordPress developers and designers means there are plenty of integrations you can strap on to it to add functionality to your site’s elements.
Note also, that the biggest difference between the three Elementor pricing plans is the number of sites you can build with Elementor.
Elementor is best for:
- Literally any type of business or hobby needing a full-on drag-and-drop WordPress page builder
- Professional web designers and developers with few or multiple clients
- Novice users looking for an easy-to-use page builder, templates, and at a good bargain
- Online marketers looking for an SEO-friendly page builder plugins with well-laid out landing pages, pop-ups for email list creation, and e-commerce-ready sites
So, how does the top Elementor page builder plugins alternatives stack up?
Here’s a premium contender if you want to create truly stunning, custom websites with a drag-n-drop, the visual page builder for WordPress.
Built by the design-crazy Elegant Themes developers and designers, Divi is a true drag-and-drop WordPress page builder. It is also mobile-friendly, easily customizable, and offers plenty of templates, widgets, integrations in one place.
And all that using clean code, so your sites won’t act up when you least need them to-such as not presenting catalog items in your online store like you meant.
Divi is available both as a premium page builder and WordPress page builder plugin so you can integrate it anywhere online.
It’s a pricier option. And that’s because offers complete website packages instead of just beautiful templates, so you can easily customize your entire site-header to footer-in one swoop with blending colors, widgets, and integrations.
Divi Builder is best for:
- You if you want one license to access everything
- Online marketers wanting tools (Bloom, Extra, and Monarch) to boost email list building, content marketing, and social media integration
- Webmasters who want a truly stunning, custom, easy to use, and SEO-friendly WordPress page builder plugins
- A true one-stop-shop for pre-made websites (110+), full layouts (880+), plugins, premium integrations, and loads of technical support
- Professional web developers and designers with design-centric clientele
Repeatedly tagged the best WordPress page builder in the market, the Beaver builder offers a real-time drag-n-drop interface, easy-to-use editor, 30+ templates, regular updates, and a time-tested reputation.
Like the top Beaver Builder alternatives here, you’ll get clean code, various onboarding options to learn how it works, a free and paid version, as well as one-on-one support.
Still, you can add your own HTML or CSS tweaks if you want to-when using the paid version. The standout takeaway with the Beaver Builder is its simplicity. Beaver builder includes classic in-line editing, too.
So, if you are not a good tech guy on the block, you can still create a gorgeous, SEO-friendly site fast and on a starter budget.
It might not be the sleekest (say, as Divi), but the page builder plugins pack a punch where it matters-the basics and then some:
You can get most work done with the freemium version. But opt to upgrade to use the Beaver Theme and to use beaver builder for multiple sites.
Beaver Builder is best for:
- WordPress page builder beginners needing clean code templates (esp. those content page templates)
- Anyone looking for a simple, easy-to-use interface that’s highly compatible with both WordPress classic and Gutenberg
- Website developers and designers in need of multisite networking capabilities
And there are more modern page builder options below.
Thrive Architect is built for conversion-focused websites. And yes, they are the same providers of the top-rated Thrive Themes for WordPress.
So they do know a bunch about creating WordPress compatible, SEO-friendly, and conversion-ready online assets you can use to drive more sign-ups, social media shares, online purchases, and more.
That includes a generous 270+ landing and sales page templates, blog layouts (content marketing), and testimonial as well as countdown widgets ready to drive sales.
Its editor lets you edit away as you see live previews. You can drag and drop its elements to layout your site as you wish, too.
Thrive Architect is best for:
- Affiliate marketers wanting modern online selling tools, including SEO-optimized landing pages, countdown timers, and testimonials support
- Content marketing (bloggers) minded users wanting tools (quiz, headline optimizer, email list building) to attract, engage, and retain readers
- When you want to create professional-grade online courses in WordPress
So, how do the rest compare? Keep reading below.
From its visual interface and responsive editor, the Visual Composer WordPress page builder plugins is a complete website builder.
That means you can use its elements, templates, and add-ons to customize pretty much every aspect of your site-from headers to footer widgets.
That aspect does remind you of the Divi Builder and Elementor. Visual Composer also added in-line editing and a Tree Editor that’s reminiscent of Sketch Layers or Photoshop. You’ll like its real front-end editing capabilities, too.
There are no templates available for the free version but once you connect to the Visual Composer Hub, there is a nice selection of those (100+).
The Hub is the online marketplace for everything Visual Composer-from free to paid templates to unlimited Unsplash stock images to seamless add-ons.
You can also download your favorite timelines, tabs, slideshows once you have a Visual Composer license.
Visual Composer is best for :
- Users in need of a highly compatible WordPress website page builder-not just a page builder
- Professional web designers that want to switch between different WordPress themes without losing their custom layouts
- Web developer looking to use Maintenance Mode to securely tweak the page builder’s functionality now and then
And speaking of themes…
Like the others here that offer their own themes, you won’t need to get a third-party WordPress page builder plugins when you install the Themify Builder for WordPress.
Whether you choose the Lite version (free) or the paid modules, you’ll still get its drag-and-drop editor, complete with live front-end editing, undo, export/import, and 60+ pre-made layouts to make changes quickly and reliably. Also, expect 60+ animation effects and responsiveness that’s ideal for competing in-terms of SEO.
You’ll also get CSS custom design support should you choose to get your coding fingers dirty and modern elements such a background video slider, progress bar, counters, and slideshows.
It’ll be easy to notice that the biggest difference between the free version and the paid one is the selection of Themify add-ons you’ll have available for further customizations.
Check them out:
If you choose the all-in-one Themify Master Club license, you’ll have access to a one-stop-shop for 42 Themify themes, Photoshop mockups, plugins, widgets, integrations, and premium support.
Be sure to take advantage of the 30-day moneyback guarantee to see how the Themify Builder stacks up against your needs.
Themify is best for :
- Professional web developers and designers looking for decent templates to create fast but with the option to tweak things in the backend
- Users looking for an all-in-one WordPress page builder plugin
- Online shop owners excited about Themify’s pre-made e-commerce layouts (WooCommerce)
Keep reading for four more premium page builders for WordPress sites.
Right from start, Brizy will ask whether you want to deal in the Cloud or WordPress page builder version. Then it’ll ask if you want to create beautiful, responsive, and feature-packed websites for clients or yourself.
Brizy, being a relatively new page builder plugins for WordPress, must have studied the competition (psst… Divi) and worked the rough edges to deliver an intuitive, responsive, and premium tool. And it shows.
You’ll find a selection of state-of-the-art email marketing, multimedia, SEO, and online store integrations ready to install in a few clicks. Those Include YouTube, Vimeo, WooCommerce, Zapier, ConvertKit, ActiveCampaign, HubSpot, Yoast, and Unsplash integrations.
Editing in the easy-to-use, visual front-end editor is seamless and exciting.
Click a layout, block or popup once and it swiftly loads ready for further customization or saving. It auto-saves changes so you never have to start from scratch in case of any interruptions. Expect 150+ blocks to get you started and running in minutes instead of days or weeks.
But you can still use a blank canvas to create a stunning website from scratch if you are into that.
When using Brizy’s true in-line editor-instead of using a sidebar or popup as in other page builders-you can make custom layouts fast and personal.
And for a steal, too:
Brizy is best for :
- Design-conscious users looking to create stunning WordPress websites that are responsive and intuitive to tweak for unique uses
- Professional web developers and designers looking for the best of both worlds-pre-made (exclusive front-end editor) and custom-built on a blank canvas with sub-accounts to manage clients and ability to export HTML and CSS files if you switch
- Novice WordPress users wanting to start quickly and efficiently without having to learn HTML and CSS
Talking of a top visual page builder, MotoPress made a decent one for $29.
If you need full access to the premium add-ons, there’s a separate tier for that:
Motopress Visual Page Builder is best for:
- Website developers that want white-label access and to build unlimited sites
- WordPress website publishers with
- Online marketers that don’t need sophisticated email marketing tools just basics such as pricing tables, countdown timers, and WooCommerce add-on
Time to compare those top WordPress page builders to Oxygen page builder plugins for WordPress.
With its variety of coding and design capabilities, you’d think Oxygen has been around for ages. It’s, however, the newest drag-and-drop WordPress page builder. And here’s why it’s made a top 10 WordPress page builders podium finish.
Oxygen focused on covering the horsepower behind a clean and simple-to-use visual editor. Dig deeper and you uncover a collection of advanced customization options.
You can still head to Helpers, Library, and Structure sidebar to get a ton of widgets, templates, and section-specific layouts/elements like other page builders for WordPress.
It is a full-on website page builder plugins so you can create responsive and attractive sites fast from header to footer. While at it, it works well with Gutenberg and WooCommerce.
Oxygen is so confident you’ll love it that they offer a 60-day moneyback guarantee if the page builder plugins don’t satisfy you.
Here are the plans:
Oxygen is best for:
- Professional web developers that want complete control with pre-made layouts and 27 animation effects for inspiration
- Agencies looking to create multiple, stunning, and fast-loading sites in one place with a lifetime license and updates
Last but by no means least…
You know you are doing something right when you earn over 2 million installs-even when the offer is a free WordPress page builder plugin.
SiteOrigin has been around forever.
But it has consistently updated its Page Builder plugin to remain a top choice for many DIY bloggers as well as professional web designers and developers.
Its simple interface is not only pleasant but also gives you the choice to choose between using a classic, WordPress.org-like back-end editor:
And there’s the bloat-free, visual front-end editor. Go with this option to live-preview any changes you make.
You can undo the changes if you don’t like what you get.
The History feature makes it simple to jump straight to the precise design and layout you created previously, saving you time and some hair-pulling moments.
Also, expect over 23 widgets on top of what WordPress already offers and 25 templates to kickstart your website customization.
What will be your investment, you ask?
SiteOrigin Premium comes in at $29 for extra widgets, theme tweaks, and timely updates.
Page Builder plugins by SiteOrigin pricing: No damage done here, especially with that 30-day moneyback offer
Page Builder by SiteOrigin is best for:
- DIY bloggers and publishers that want an easy-to-use, free WordPress plugin of page builder for WordPress and excellent third-party widgets compatibility
Developers with novice-to-good CSS tweaking knowledge and can clean some shortcodes left behind after switching to a more sophisticated page builder plugins for WordPress.
So, Which Is The Best WordPress Page Builder Plugin?
Clearly, each of the ten-page builders offers a unique feature that makes it ideal for eCommerce, growing an audience and influencer status, affiliate marketing, SEO-friendliness, and what have you.
If WPCITY‘s this post helped you, kindly share it on social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, and Facebook.
More WordPress Plugin Articles: