WordPress takes extreme security measures to help you keep your WordPress website safe and secure.
However, when you have a multi-user WordPress website, managing the security of your site becomes more complicated.
When you have a multi-user WordPress website, it’s not always easy to manage all the user’s logins and access to your website.
Let’s say one of your users logs in to your WordPress site from a public computer and enabled the “Remember Me” feature.
When he leaves the computer and forgets to logout, someone can look through the computer’s browsing history and can easily get into your WordPress website.
This is where disabling the “Remember Me” feature on the WordPress login screen comes in handy.
Once you disable the “Remember Me” feature, it will completely disable the “Remember Me” checkbox on the login form screen.
This enables you to disable the feature completely and even restricts all the login access to a preferred timeframe set by you.
In this post, we have featured a step-by-step guide to disabling the “Remember Me” feature on the WordPress login page.
So let’s dive into details.
Step-by-step Guide to Disable “Remember Me” in WordPress Login (Quick & Easy)
WordPress makes it super easy to disable the “Remember Me” option in WordPress login with third-party plugins such as the Remember Me Controls plugin.
This robust plugin enables you to easily customize how the “Remember Me” function works on your WordPress website.
With the help of this plugin, you can take control of the “Remember Me” feature in a number of ways, including enabling it by default, customizing how long users are remembered, or even disabling the “Remember Me” feature by default.
The plugin provides three useful controls and settings options:
- Check the “Remember Me” Automatically: Once you enable this option the “Remember Me” checkbox will be automatically checked when the login screen is loaded.
- Control the Duration of the “Remember Me” Option: The plugin allows you to customize the “Remember Me” option to customize how long a WordPress will remember a login.
- Disable the “Remember Me” option: The plugin gives you the flexibility to completely disable the “Remember Me” feature. Once you disable this feature, it prevents the “Remember Me” checkbox from appearing on the login screen. It will automatically restrict all login sessions to one day.
Let’s take a look at the step-by-step guide to learn how to configure the plugin to disable the “Remember Me” feature in WordPress.
Step #1: Install & Activate “Remember Me Controls”
Firstly, you need to install and activate the plugin on your WordPress website. To install the plugin, navigate to your WordPress Dashboard >> Plugins >> Add New.
Once you’re there, search for “Remember Me Controls”. After locating the button, you need to click on the “Install Now” button.
Following installation, you need to activate the plugin.
Step #2: Configure the Remember Me Controls Plugin
To configure the ‘Remember Me Controls’ plugin, you need to navigate to your WordPress Dashboard >> Settings >> Remember Me.
Once you’re on the plugin’s settings page, you will see three customization options. The first customization option will help you enable the “Remember Me” box; the second one will be to remember the login permanently.
And the third one and last one will enable you to disable the “Remember Me” feature on your WordPress login screen.
From there, you need to enable the Disable the “Remember Me” feature. Once you check the box and click on the “Save Changes” button, you will disable the “Remember Me” feature from the login screen.
Now, if you want to check whether the “Remember Me” feature is disabled or not, logout from your WordPress dashboard.
Then, you need to paste the login URL of your WordPress website and check the login screen. You should be able to see that now there is no “Remember Me” option on the login screen.
Conclusion: How to Disable Remember Me in WordPress Login
This how you can easily disable the “Remember Me” login feature in WordPress. Disabling the “Remember Me” option potentially helps you to improve the security of your WordPress website.
WordPress plugins like Remember Me Controls enable you to configure these options easily.
What’s more, the plugin comes with other robust settings such as customizing the “Remember Me” duration and even automatically checking the “Remember Me” functionality on your WordPress website.
Which method do you follow to remove the Remember Me feature on your WordPress site? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
If this post has been helpful, you can share it on trending social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Other WordPress Tutorials Guide:
- How to Add Security Questions to Your WordPress Login Page
- How to Redirect Users After Login in WordPress
- How to Limit Login Attempts in WordPress
- How to Add Login With Facebook in WordPress
- How to Create a Temporary Login for WordPress
- How to Get Started With WordPress Blog
- How to Install WordPress on Windows
- How to Create the Best WordPress Staging Site
- How to Disable the Login With Email Address Feature in WordPress
- How to Create a Custom WordPress Login Page
- How to Display Users’ Last Login Date/Time in WordPress
- Ultimate WordPress Security Guide