Elementor and Divi are two very popular page builders because of their versatility and ease-of-use. They are similar in many ways, and they can help you build a variety of sites.
But when it comes to SEO, can you really expect better results from Elementor than Divi?
Elementor is better than Divi for SEO purposes, but it’s not as much as you’d expect. In fact, you can easily rank sites using both page builders because of their implementations.
They also have most of what you need for better search engine rankings, except for the convenience of managing them.
There are 3 important factors that you need to consider when looking at page builders, and we’ll cover all of them in this article.
We’ll also discuss something that isn’t related to SEO but could be the reason why you’d prefer Elementor over Divi.
Important Factors for SEO
There are hundreds of other signals that you can use to rank a WordPress site, but to give you an idea of where you should focus on and what you can expect from both page builders, here they are:
- Content: For the longest time, content has been the most important factor you need to consider when ranking a website in search engines.
- Responsiveness: Although responsiveness won’t help you get higher search rankings, a non-responsive (not mobile-friendly) website will definitely rank lower.
- Site Speed: Slow sites affect the user experience, and search engines want to provide the best results in every search. That’s why faster sites have a better chance to get better rankings.
- SEO Metrics: Despite the advancement in search engines’ algorithms, SEO metrics remain a crucial part of optimizing your site. It helps the search engines curate your content, making it easier for them to provide related content to searchers.
Of these four factors, responsiveness, site speed, and SEO metrics are heavily influenced by the theme or page builder you’re using.
So, let’s focus our comparison on these three factors.
Elementor vs Divi: Responsiveness
In fact, these page builders give their users the option to set different content and design for desktop, tablet, and mobile view.
This feature takes out the guesswork in figuring how your site looks for all devices because you can see all the changes in real-time.
Even newer builders will find it very easy to use Elementor and Divi to build responsive sites.
Related Reading: Best Page Builder Plugins
Elementor vs Divi: Site Speed
Site speed is a bit tricky because Divi runs on a built-in theme, while Elementor is compatible with any theme, especially lightweight themes that are optimized for search engines.
Although it’s also possible to use Divi with other themes, it’s not as optimized as Elementor.
So, even though they work the same way and are compatible with most WordPress themes, Elementor is more convenient and optimized to work with themes that can help you get higher rankings.
Both page builders are fast, but if you compare their performance side-by-side – using Divi and Elementor for a new WordPress site with a brand new theme – Elementor will perform a lot better.
Elementor vs Divi: SEO Metrics
Although not as important as the other 3 factors, SEO metrics still play a significant role in ranking websites.
Sites with better-curated content will rank higher, and if a page builder makes it easier for you to optimize your content, it’s better for your site’s SEO.
It’s now a built-in feature for Elementor, making it so much easier for users to manage the settings and analytics from within the same dashboard.
However, this implementation doesn’t change the fact that Divi still works well with Yoast SEO. Both will still do well in optimizing your content.
The only difference is that it’s more convenient for anyone to do it with Elementor.
Conclusion: Is Elementor Better Than Divi for SEO Purposes?
There’s not a lot of difference between Elementor and Divi for SEO purposes. They both have the features that will help you rank sites faster, and the plugins you can use with them will make it even easier for anyone to optimize their sites for search engines.
The only advantage that you can get from using Elementor is its compatibility with more themes because it’s how it should work.
Convenience may also be an advantage that you may want to consider. However, Elementor’s slight edges don’t mean that it’ll be hard for you to rank sites using Divi.
More Elementor Articles:
- How to Get Started With Elementor
- Elementor Pro Review
- Elementor vs Elementor Pro
- Elementor Pro Discount
- Best Elementor Add-Ons
- Why is Elementor the Best Page Builder?
- How to Use the Elementor Free Page Builder
- How to Use the Elementor Theme Builder
- How to Add a Popup With Elementor
- How to Create a Countdown Popup Using Elementor
- Create a Cookie Consent Popup Using Elementor
- How to Create an Under Construction Website Using Elementor