GoDaddy is one of the world’s largest domain registrars and hosts one of the largest numbers of domains in the world, making it one of the most trusted and reliable web hosting providers available. It’s also one of the most convenient.
GoDaddy offers an all-in-one solution by making everything a customer needs available in one place. Nevertheless, there are various web hosting providers that can offer better performance, speed, and customer support.
When it comes to their hosting plans, GoDaddy may not seem the best option, and there are some significant reasons why customers might turn their backs and look for the best GoDaddy alternatives.
If you’re reading this article, you might be one of them!
If you’re in a hurry to find an alternative to GoDaddy, SiteGround is worth a try. SiteGround offers reliable, fully managed hosting from $6.99/month. Check our SiteGround review to get detailed insights into SiteGround hosting.
As well as SiteGround, there are plenty of other GoDaddy alternatives that provide better features, services, and more affordable prices.
We have done our research carefully and handpicked the top 5 Best GoDaddy alternatives so that you can choose the host that’s right for you and get started right away.
In this article, we will give you a summary of GoDaddy’s best alternatives and a buyer’s guide to make it easy for you to pick one.
|SiteGround||Best overall hosting provider||$6.99/month|
|Bluehost||Best for reliability and uptime||$3.95/month|
|InMotion Hosting||Best for shared and VPS Hosting||$2.49/month|
|A2 Hosting||Best for Security, Speed, and Cheap Plans||$2.99/month|
|HostGator||Best for Affordability||$2.75/month|
Here’s a quick index to help you navigate this article:
So, let’s dive in.
Best GoDaddy Alternatives: A Quick Summary
Here is a quick summary of the best GoDaddy alternatives for you to make a decision quickly if you don’t have time to read to the end.
- SiteGround – Best overall hosting provider.
- Bluehost – Best for reliability and uptime.
- InMotion Hosting – Best for shared and VPS Hosting.
- A2 Hosting – Best for top-notch security, speed, and cheaper hosting plans.
- HostGator – Best for customers on a budget in need of a reliable web hosting provider.
Why Look for GoDaddy Alternatives?
GoDaddy provides dependable performance and is an excellent hosting provider with plenty of features. It is a reliable web hosting provider and has established a strong reputation in the market in a short period of time.
However, like every web hosting provider, GoDaddy comes with its pros and cons. The drawbacks of GoDaddy might make you consider switching from GoDaddy to another web hosting provider.
Some of GoDaddy’s disadvantages:
- No Migration Service: If you want to migrate from one web hosting provider to GoDaddy, you will have to go through a lot of hassle. Unlike other hosting providers, GoDaddy does not offer migration services, which is a significant drawback.
- No SSL: SSL is a must-have these days. GoDaddy does not offer SSL for free, unlike the majority of web hosting providers. If you want SSL, at GoDaddy you will have to pay an additional fee, which increases your overall hosting cost.
- No Backups: Having a backup of your data is crucial. GoDaddy does not provide a free backup service to its users. Similarly to SSL, you can only get backups if you pay for it as an add-on.
- Lack of Advanced Features: The world’s largest domain registrar lacks some advanced features. If you are a developer or an advanced user, you might be disappointed with GoDaddy’s lack of advanced features, such as no staging environment.
Despite these drawbacks, GoDaddy is still among the best web hosting providers. However, there may be additional reasons why you are looking for the best GoDaddy alternative.
No matter what it is, we have got the perfect answer for you in this article.
How to Choose the Best GoDaddy Alternative?
As you have read above, GoDaddy comes with certain drawbacks, so it’s sensible to look for an alternative that might suit you better.
However, we don’t want you to pick an alternative at random without carefully examining the essential features. To make this easier, we’ve prepared a comprehensive list of parameters that you need to check when looking for an alternative.
- Security: The risk of getting attacked on the internet is very high. To keep your site on the safer side, make sure the hosting provider offers security features like backups, DDoS protection, malware scanning, hack protection, and more.
- Speed: The speed your hosting provider will deliver is directly proportional to the success of your site. High speeds will lead to better SEO performance, leading to a bigger audience and a better conversion rate. The moment your website starts taking too much time to load, the audience will shift to another website, leading to a drop in your traffic. Therefore, it’s important to check the uptime properly before making your choice.
- SSL: If you are hosting your website on any platform, you already know how crucial having an SSL certificate is. Having an SSL certificate will provide you and your customer with security and build trust for your site. We have picked all the best GoDaddy alternatives that offer free SSL.
- Ease of Use: If the user interface is challenging to understand, you will have to learn how to use it before managing and starting your site. No one wants to waste their time learning how certain web hosting providers work. That is why it’s crucial to look for a web hosting provider that offers a beginner-friendly and intuitive user interface so that you can get started quickly and easily.
- Quick and Easy WordPress: If you are hosting your website on WordPress, one of the most critical factors you need to consider with your web host to make sure it offers WordPress optimized hosting and provides quick and easy WordPress set up.
- Customer Support: As much as other factors are vital, having excellent customer support is just as crucial. No matter when or where you get stuck, it is always good to have a team of experts that has your back 24/7.
- Smooth Migration: Speaking of migration, this is one aspect of web hosting that GoDaddy won’t help you with, and you don’t want to have the same problems with your next hosting provider. Therefore, it’s sensible to look at the migration options so you can be careful about the issues that you might face, and then make a decision based on that.
List of the 5 Best GoDaddy Alternatives
1. SiteGround – Best Overall Hosting Provider
SiteGround is the best GoDaddy alternatives for beginners as well as advanced users. The reason why we picked it as our number one choice is due to its reliable and uniform uptime of 99.9% and its secure servers.
SiteGround takes both security and speed seriously – this is the crucial reason why WordPress officially recommends SiteGround.
SiteGround offers great customer support with their experts available 24/7 through various channels. If you are going with their higher-tier plans, you get priority support from the team.
SiteGround provides affordable, managed WordPress hosting with a security-first mindset. Additionally, the plans are scalable with other hosting solutions. The only drawback of SiteGround is that it does not offers VPS Hosting.
Advantages and Features
SiteGround offers plenty of perks and essential features. Here are some of the best.
- SiteGround provides a Google cloud platform that makes your site ultra-fast. To make your website faster, SiteGround lets you choose between the multiple geographical locations of their data centers so that you can pick one that’s close to your targeted audience.
- SiteGround comes with an intuitive dashboard with easy-to-navigate options. Their panel is powerful and easy to use. You can migrate, manage, and run your site more quickly and efficiently than GoDaddy.
- SiteGround offers awesome collaboration tools, which comes handy to advanced users, designers, and agencies to manage their clients and transfer the ownership. Moreover, it facilitates easy and free website migration from other hosts to SiteGround.
- SiteGround offers the best-managed WordPress hosting. You get advanced caching, automatic migration, automatic WordPress installation, and updates, as well as WordPress expert support 24/7.
- Additional freebies with all the plans include free CDN for better speed and performance, free SSL on all plans, free email to make your site more professional, unmetered traffic, and unlimited database, and 30 days money-back guarantee for a risk-free purchase.
The pricing comes in three plans. Their Startup plan is ideal for small business owners at $6.99/month.
The other two plans with unlimited websites state at $9.99/month and $14.99/month. Check our SiteGround coupon to get an exclusive discount on SiteGround now.
SiteGround is the best alternative to GoDaddy if you want better reliability, stable performance and strong security features. SiteGround is an all-in-one web hosting provider with excellent customer support.
2. Bluehost – Best for Reliability and Uptime
If you’re planning to host your site with WordPress and need a GoDaddy alternative, consider Bluehost. One of the most well-known web-hosting providers, Bluehost is happily serving millions of websites with their speed-optimized servers.
With Bluehost, you can manage your site easily with their easy-to-use interface. Check our detailed Bluehost review to get detailed insights into Bluehost.
You can opt for any web hosting solution, as Bluehost offers scalable plans. The sot (host?) stays with you as you grow, so you do not have to keep switching between hosts till you find the perfect one.
You can host unlimited websites and you also get free backups to keep your site safe. Additionally, you can choose various add-ons for your site to make it more secure, faster, and more reliable.
Advantages and Features
- As soon as you sign up for a WordPress hosting plan, Bluehost immediately installs WordPress with the latest and most secure version. After that, Bluehost automatically updates your WordPress and keeps you up-to-date with the newest version for the best performance.
- The moment you create your account, you get access to hundreds of premium WordPress themes. You can quickly install any theme that you like and switch between themes within seconds.
- Bluehost takes marketing one step further for your site by bringing you all the essentials of marketing in one place. From SEO to analytics and free marketing credits, you get everything with Bluehost to help increase your reach globally.
- Bluehost provides 24/7 customer support. You can get in touch with customer support anytime via live chat and email. If you want to get on a call, you can only talk within the business hours. Additionally, they offer a massive library of useful articles to help solve your queries.
- On all the plans you get a free domain name for a year, free SSL, WordPress staging environment, Microsoft 360, unmetered bandwidth, and more. With the exception of the startup plan, all plans offer unlimited storage, unlimited subdomains, parked domains, and unlimited websites.
The basic plan states $3.95/month. This plan is perfect for beginners and small site owners. The Plus and Pro plans start at $5.95/month.
You can get both of the higher-tier plans at the same price initially, but after you renew, the price increases. Check our Bluehost Coupon to get an exclusive discount on Bluehost hosting now.
Bluehost comes with excellent features. If your priority is getting a reliable performance, Bluehost is the perfect alternative for you.
However, Bluehost does not provide free migration. If you are ready to pay extra for migration, Bluehost is the best host provider.
3. InMotion Hosting – Best for Shared and VPS Hosting
InMotion is another reliable and secure web hosting provider that offers excellent features and facilitates easy and fast web hosting experience to its users globally. InMotion offers multiple hosting solutions to choose from.
If you are a WordPress user, InMotion will be the best option for you. Their managed WordPress hosting is one of the key reasons why we put the spotlight on InMotion here.
Check our InMotion hosting review to get detailed insights into InMotion.
With its industry-leading cPanel, InMotion makes managing your site more comfortable. The best part about InMotion hosting is that it offers quick and no-downtime site transfer – the perfect feature if you’re looking for a hassle-free migration.
Whether you are an existing user or getting a transfer, InMotion gives you a free domain for a year, unlike GoDaddy, which charges you when providing a domain.
Advantages and Features
- Security on all the plans, you get a security suite that includes DDoS protection, automatic backups, free SSL and malware, and hack protection.
- Your site must get a global reach. That is why InMotion provides free marketing tools that help you attract an audience, stay in touch with them, and sell your products. The marketing suite contains email on any device, a website builder, and free advertising credits.
- InMotion comes with a reliable 99.9% uptime. It offers a fast web hosting experience by giving you access to SSH, free SSD drives, and a max speed zone, which means you can host your site close to your audience with their global data centers.
- We mentioned in the beginning that the GoDaddy alternatives must offer easy WordPress installation. With InMotion, you can install WordPress at just one click, along with other 400 applications such as Joomla.
- Additional features include unmetered bandwidth, email accounts, 90 days money-back guarantee on the high-tier plans, and 30 days money-back guarantee on the startup plan.
InMotion lets you choose between four plans. The lite plan states at $2.49/month, followed by other plans that range from $4.99/month to $12.99/month.
InMotion Hosting is the best GoDaddy alternative if you want Shared or VPS Hosting. The managed WordPress hosting offered by InMotion has unmatched performance and security features.
Overall, we recommend InMotion hosting for users looking for shared hosting or VPS hosting.
4. A2 Hosting – Best for Security, Speed and Cheap Plans
A2 hosting provides great value for money. Over the years, A2 Hosting has gained significant popularity due to its fast turbo servers, which claim to deliver 20x faster performance.
The WordPress optimized web hosting provided comes with some of the best features, as well as perfect hosting plans for VPS hosting and cloud hosting users.
If you are a beginner, you will become familiar with the interface quickly and easily. There are tons of security features offered by A2 hosting. If you are going to choose a dedicated plan, you might not get free backups.
If you are going with the shared hosting plans, A2 Hosting will provide a total value for money with its excellent customer support team by your side.
Advantages and Features
- A2 hosting provides 20x faster performance with its turbo servers. A2 also provides a 99.9% uptime guarantee. Additionally, for increasing speed, it gives you tons of features that will help you to improve the performance of your site.
- While GoDaddy does not offer any money-back guarantee, A2 Hosting gives you a completely risk-free purchase. It is the only web hosting provider that offers an anytime money-back guarantee. Whenever you are unhappy with A2 hosting, you get your money back with no questions asked.
- As we said before, A2 Hosting beats all the other hosting providers when it comes to speed. It gives you the option to choose and host your site with their global data centers. Additionally, you get immediate SSH access.
- A2 Hosting’s support team is called the “Guru Crew.” They’re available 24/7 for you via live chat, call, or email.
- You get unlimited SSD space, free and smooth migration, unmetered bandwidth, and an intuitive yet powerful interface that helps you set up your site quickly. Also, you get a free site builder, which further promotes agile management and building.
A2 hosting’s prices range from $2.99/month to $99.95/month. Check our A2 Hosting coupon to get an exclusive discount on A2 Hosting now.
If your top priority is getting the best security, A2 Hosting is the best GoDaddy alternative. A2 Hosting will also provide free and smooth migration.
5. HostGator – Best for Affordability
HostGator provides a wide array of tools for site-building and management. From site-building templates to one-click WordPress installation, HostGator includes everything you need to build a perfect website.
It delivers excellent performance with its uptime of 99.9%. It offers cheap shared hosting plans compared to GoDaddy.
HostGator offers a one-click WordPress installation so that you can set your site quickly. Additionally, it also provides an easy drag and drop builder so that you can get started quickly.
With HostGator, your website will always remain secure and safe. Furthermore, HostGator’s live support team is available 24/7 to solve your issues right away.
Advantages and Features
- GoDaddy restricts storage on their cheapest plan, whereas, HostGator does not restrict your storage capacity. You get unlimited storage even with their cheapest plan, known as the Hatchling plan.
- You get unmetered bandwidth and unlimited email accounts even with the cheapest plan.
- HostGator understands the need for marketing, and that is why it gives you $200 worth Google Adwords and Bing Ad credits to help you reach a wider audience.
- No matter which plans you choose, you get a free website builder with over 100+ mobile-friendly templates and image libraries. Additionally, there are tons of freebies with each plan, including free SSL.
- You get weekly off-site data backups. Their customer support is exceptional. There are over 500+ video tutorials and 600+ helpful articles. If that’s not enough, the team provides 24/7 assistance through live chat and phone.
The basic plan is known as the Hatchling plan, and it starts at $2.75/month. The Baby plan and the Business plan start at $3.95/month and $5.95/month respectively.
HostGator is a perfect GoDaddy alternative when it comes to value for money. Their plans offer excellent uptime, security and free migration, all for a lower price.
HostGator is also perfect for larger business owners as it does not hold any restrictions on storage and bandwidth, which is extremely helpful for big sites.
Best GoDaddy Alternatives: Final Thoughts
GoDaddy is a reliable and excellent web hosting provider. If you have registered your domain with GoDaddy and you’re hosting your site with GoDaddy, you might find it easy to manage your website.
However, there are plenty of other host providers that can do better for you.
SiteGround wins the battle of the best GoDaddy alternatives thanks to its excellent hosting features, performance, security, and affordability.
Whether you are a novice or a pro, SiteGround is built for all types of users and offers a solid 30 days money-back guarantee.
If you are looking for the cheapest solution, A2 Hosting and Bluehost might be the right pick for you.
However, if choosing the best alternatives comes down to keeping your needs and budget in mind, all the web hosting providers in our list are reliable and come with money-back guarantees, so you can safely pick the one that feels right for your site.
We hope this article helped you find the alternative to GoDaddy that’s right for you, and that you can make your decision without confusion. Let us know which alternative are you choosing in the comment section below.
Read Other Hosting Guides: