Searching for the best Linode alternatives can be tricky. With hundreds of cloud hosting providers available, shortlisting them can be stressful. We understand the hassle.
Linode is an excellent hosting provider, but its unavailability of some project-specific features urges users to look for an alternative. We mention the detailed cons in the next section.
If you are here for a quick solution, we recommend going with Vultr as the best alternative to Linode due to its cutting-edge infrastructure and lightning-fast performance.
For specific reasons behind why we picked Vultr as the best alternative, continue reading.
Out of many cloud hosting providers, we shortlisted a comprehensive selection of the top 5 best alternatives for Linode using our collected research and experience.
This will give you a clear and comfortable choice for picking the right cloud hosting provider.
This article will give you tons of advice, so make sure you are set to leave with the best alternative.
|Vultr||Best Linode Alternatives||$2.50/month|
|Kamatera||Best for Performance & Scalable Options||$4/month|
|DreamHost||Best for Features||$4.50/month|
|A2 Hosting||Best for Security||$5/month|
|CloudWays||Best for Performance at Lower Price||$10/month|
Here’s a quick index to help you navigate this article:
Without any further delay, let’s dive into the details!
Best Alternatives to Linode: A Quick Summary
There is no doubt that Linode is a reliable cloud hosting provider. Over the years, it has met the needs of developers by offering them a powerful cloud computing hosting experience with plenty of features and freebies.
However, due to various reasons, the need for Linode alternatives has arisen. Below is the list of our best alternatives for Linode with a quick overview. You can use this list to choose the one that best fulfills your requirements.
- Vultr – Great for users looking for alternatives with the overall best features and performance.
- Kamatera – Great for developers that need the best performance and scalable options.
- DreamHost – Great for users looking for the best features in a Linode alternative.
- A2 hosting – Great for beginners whose highest priority is security.
- CloudWays – Great for users who needs the best performance at a lower price and with more flexibility.
Why Look for Linode Alternatives?
Although Linode provides adequate resources with excellent customer support, there are several reasons why Linode might not be the best solution for you.
In this section, we will list all the cons of Linode so you can decide which alternative offers better features.
First, Linode does not support the Windows server. Linode provides cloud Linux focused machines.
You can install Windows on your server as you are entirely in charge of your server, but since Linode does not have built-in support, you will not receive proper guidance.
If your priority is excellent customer support, Linode might not be the right pick for you unless you like to do things on your own. If you are stuck and need expert help, you can only get support via email ticketing.
There is no live chat or phone option. However, many alternatives offer adequate support, so you do not have to be stuck when issues arise and you need assistance.
Another reason why users look for Linode alternatives is due to their limited money-back guarantee. If you are purchasing something, you must enjoy a risk-free purchase.
Linode only offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, which isn’t quite enough to determine your satisfaction.
For many reasons, Linode has become an unreliable hosting provider and many of the cons mentioned above can be a severe concern for users. It’s time to search for the best alternatives to Linode.
5 Best Alternatives to Linode in 2021
1. Vultr – Best Linode Alternative
Dominant cloud infrastructure and affordable pricing are what make Vultr the best Linode alternative. Linode is one of the only hosting providers with large data centers globally. You can deploy a server from any location in their seventeen data centers.
Vultr offers a powerful yet simple interface and is easy for beginners as well as professionals to use. It provides highly scalable plans with few clicks.
From heavy-duty cloud computing to business-level solutions, Vultr offers high flexibility and quick, scalable plans. When it comes to customer support, Vultr proves the best in this area as well.
You can get access to their team directly 24/7 through ticket and live chat. There are also plenty of documentation features offered with every plan.
- Vultr provides an easy-to-use and straightforward control panel. You can manage DNS applications, and even install the app through its one-click installer. Additionally, it presents your resource usage and peak activities with the help of graphical representation.
- Vultr offers hosting totally on SSD storage and the latest Intel processor to deliver the fastest performance. Additionally, Linode offers a consistent uptime and speed, so you never have to worry about facing significant downtime and incurring any loss.
- You get maximum RAM configuration with every plan along with a dedicated CPU for CPU-intense applications.
- When talking about security, Vultr is the number one hosting provider that keeps your site safe. It offers DDoS protection, alongside 24/7 monitoring of your website and alerts you if your site is at potential risk. The perpetual security that Vultr provides is commendable.
- You get additional features such as unfiltered API, Kubernetes on Linode, generous transfer, support, and more. These features come with every plan.
The pricing starts from $2.50/month to $60/month.
The Bottom Line
Vultr is the best Linode alternative if you are looking for the cheapest alternative with all the necessary features. Vultr is also the best alternative if you are a developer. It offers more robust features, better security, and blazing-fast performance.
2. Kamatera – Best for Performance
Compared to Linode, Kamatera has more room for scalable plans and more compatibility. You can deploy hundreds of applications and operating systems with Kamatera.
Kamatera lets you create an environment that is customized for you in just 60 seconds. Whether you are a beginner or a developer, Kamatera provides a user-friendly interface with the most flexible option.
Unlike Linode, it does not allow you to only select their pre-made plans. You can also customize or craft your plan. The critical benefit of Kamatera is its cutting-edge cloud infrastructure.
- Kamatera lets you choose between managed and unmanaged cloud hosting. If you are a beginner and do not want to configure the server, you can sit back and let the experts do their work.
- To bring the fastest cloud hosting to your feet, Kamatera lets you choose between its 13 datacenter locations located across four continents. Furthermore, it uses an Intel platinum processor, Private networking, 40 Gbit public, and SSD storage for a lightning-speed performance.
- For a risk-free purchase, your plans are backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. The support and documentation of Kamatera are also excellent. You get an instant response with their live chat. You can also contact the experts through phone and email tickets.
- A cloud firewall that protects you from viruses, attacks, code injections, and more for your cloud servers. Kamatera provides an advanced protection system with the latest security features, so your site is always safe.
- You get smooth and extensive scalable options. With the pay-as-you-go method, you only have to pay for the resources you use; meanwhile, you can scale up your resources whenever you need and remove the unnecessary resources.
The pricing of Kamatera starts as low as $4/month.
The Bottom Line
Kamatera is a highly recommended cloud hosting provider. It is the perfect cloud hosting provider for both beginners and developers. If you are looking for the best alternative in terms of performance, Kamatera is the right choice.
3. DreamHost – Best for Features
DreamHost is one of the oldest hosting providers, operating since 1996. The reason why DreamHost has maintained its consistent goodwill is due to its latest generation processor, SSD drives, and accelerated networks.
DreamHost’s cloud hosting is entirely compatible with third-party services, which makes it free from vendor lock-in. This is the crucial reason it is the best alternative for Linode.
You can choose between managed, unmanaged, and cloud VPS hosting. Due to its outstanding service, it is one of the most recommended hosting providers.
Unlike other alternatives, DreamHost provides a 100% uptime guarantee which is rare for any hosting provider. Additionally, you get free Let’s Encrypt SSL on all the plans, one of the essential features to look for in any Linode alternative.
- DreamHost lets you launch your cloud servers within 30 seconds with the option to pay monthly or hourly if you are not satisfied with the progress, with a solid 97-day money-back guarantee.
- DreamHost does not limit you when it comes to the choice of operating system or software. You can install Windows, Linux, and BSD with their unmanaged cloud hosting.
- It offers the DreamObjects plugin that enables you to quickly backup your site without limit. You can secure your files through cloud backups, CloudBerry, DropShare, QNAP, and more, as you can instantly connect to your storage applications.
- The pricing offered by DreamHost is transparent. You get free bandwidth on all the plans and you can quickly enjoy the DreamHost freebies without getting large invoices every month.
- As a developer, DreamHost will catch your eye. You can create the severs with OpenStack-compatible API requests through command line libraries and programming language in multiple languages.
The pricing starts from $4.50/month to $48/month. Check out our DreamHost coupon to get an exclusive discount on DreamHost now.
The Bottom Line
DreamHost offers an intuitive dashboard. However, as a beginner, you might not get through it quickly. Nevertheless, DreamHost is the perfect alternative to Linode for users looking for the best features at an affordable price.
4. A2 Hosting – Best for Security
A2 Hosting provides fine-tuned cloud hosting. The reason why we included A2 Hosting in our list of the best Linode alternative is due to its blazing-fast and highly secured servers.
In addition to being a hosting solution, A2 Hosting is also a domain registrar, so you do not have to worry about getting a reliable hosting provider.
A2 Hosting provides Cloud VPS, giving you a choice to choose between managed, unmanaged, and Core VPS.
While Linode gives you pre-made plans, A2 Hosting gives you complete freedom to customize your plans.
Although the choice of data centers by A2 Hosting is less than what Linode offers, A2 Hosting still manages to perform the best with their Turbo swift servers and delivers a 99.9% uptime.
- You can design your perfect cloud and resize your account as the resources keep fluctuating. It offers easy scalability and outstanding flexibility. Additionally, it does not provide any confusing pricing or startup process. You can get started right after you sign up.
- While Linode gives you seven days money-back guarantee, you will be surprised with what this Linode alternative offers. You get any time money-back guarantee with A2 Hosting. If you are unsatisfied with their service, you can apply for a refund anytime without any restrictions.
- While A2 Hosting focuses on delivering one of the fastest performances, if you need more speed and better performance, it gives you access to Turbo server add-ons and Turbo Caching by paying an additional amount.
- As far as support and documentation, A2 Hosting has named their in-house experts the “Guru Crew” and they are available 24/7 through phone, live chat, and email to assists you every way.
- You get additional features such as free SSL, top-notch security on every plan, ultra-reliable server, freedom to add custom applications, intuitive interface, developer-friendly process, and more.
The Entry plan starts at $5/month, followed by the Mid and Elite plans at $10/month and $15/month. Check out our A2 Hosting coupon to get an exclusive discount on A2 Hosting now.
The Bottom Line
A2 Hosting is a reliable web hosting provider with top-notch security features and blazing fast performance. If you are looking for the best security options to keep your website safe, A2 Hosting is the Best Alternative to Linode.
5. CloudWays – Managed Cloud Hosting
CloudWays is one of the best alternatives for Linode due to its managed cloud service. Over the years, it has continuously improved in terms of speed and performance and committed to improvising your site’s performance.
Compared to Linode, CloudWays offers robust features, integrated SSL, powerful interface, and more. Like Linode, you get allocated resources.
However, whenever you need more resources, you can simply scale your plan at the click of a button. Moreover, the hosting provider also provides excellent support and documentation.
- CloudWays takes care of various aspects to ensure you are receiving high speed. The features include Cloudflare CDN, Nginx, Redis, PHP 7, and more. A major pro of these features is that Cloudflare takes care of all these while you focus on your business growth.
- CloudWays provides continuous monitoring and, to filter the malicious traffic, and it offers OS-level dedicated firewalls. Furthermore, it gives you two-factor authentication that you can enable through all the plans. To protect your site from vulnerabilities, cloudWays takes all precautions by providing you with tons of safety measures.
- To add to the security features, it offers secure one-click backup and restores of your website. This feature is small, yet the most essential to keep your site on the safer side if anything goes wrong.
- You get complete freedom to host countless applications despite the plan you pick. Additionally, you can enjoy a contract-less cloud hosting. No matter which plans you go for, you get a free SSL certificate.
- It comes with a staging environment. This means you can edit and make changes for your website to test it before publishing. This gives you a front-end editing experience with the utmost flexibility and audience view.
The CloudWays pricing starts from $10/month to $80/month.
The Bottom Line
CloudWays is a perfect pick for users looking for the best security features and affordable pricing. It offers better security options and focuses on providing a reliable cloud hosting experience to its users.
Linode has its own bright and dull side. The advantages and disadvantages depend on each user’s personal needs. Out of hundreds of cloud hosting providers, these were our clear choices for the best alternatives to Linode.
All the mentioned alternatives provide different requirements for different users. Choosing any of them would be a smart move.
However, if you are still confused about which cloud hosting provider is best for you, we have some great advice.
If you are a developer, we recommend going with Kamatera or Vultr as they both are dedicated cloud hosting providers with some of the advanced features that come in handy for developers and is backed by reliable customer support and security.
Both of them will meet your basic needs and provide all the required features.
We hope we helped you choose the best Linode alternative for your cloud hosting. So, which cloud hosting provider will you choose from our list? Leave your answers in the comment section below.
Read Other Hosting Guides:
- Best SiteGround Alternatives
- Best WP Engine Alternatives
- Best HostGator Alternatives
- Best GoDaddy Alternatives
- Best DreamHost Alternatives
- AWS Alternatives
- DigitalOcean Alternatives
- VPS Hosting vs Shared Hosting
- VPS Hosting vs Dedicated Hosting
- SiteGround vs WP Engine
- SiteGround vs Bluehost
- SiteGround vs A2 Hosting
- DreamHost vs Bluehost
- SiteGround vs DreamHost