Managing stock is one of the essential requisites of a brick and mortar shop. Often overstock and under stock results in loss of goods or loss of customers respectively.
Therefore, stock management is very important for a successful business. WooCommerce Stock Manager allows you to manage stock for products and their variables from one screen.
Want to manage your stock with WooCommerce? That’s great!
Built on WordPress, the WooCommerce dashboard has a familiar interface for store managers to update products and fulfill orders.
WooCommerce saves your time with automated tax calculations, live shipping rates from leading carriers, options to print labels at home, and the mobile app for iOS and Android.
Moving further, today we will learn how to manage your inventory using Woocommerce.
Here’s a quick index to help you navigate this article:
So, let’s dive in.
What is Stock Management?
Starting from the basics, stock management is a business requisite. It refers to managing the stock from its initial stage of production until its delivery.
Inventory management is essential for businesses that involve the trading of goods. It supervises the flow of goods from manufactures to the ultimate point of sale. Withal, it aims to provide the right product at the right place and at the right time.
In WooCommerce store, updating the inventory depends on product to product. Basically, there are two types of product:
- Simple products
- Variable products
Stock Management in WooCommerce
Managing your simple products in WooCommerce is very easy. WooCommerce allows you to control the customer’s orders when your product falls understock.
The ‘Allow back orders’ permits you to receive the orders even if your product is understock.
There are basically three options: firstly, do not allow the customers to place an order when the product falls out of stock, secondly, allow the customers to place the order but notify them that it will be delivered as soon possible, and finally, allow the customers to place the order without any notification.
Moreover, you can set a limit on the minimum stock left for WooCommerce to notify you when the least is left. For instance, assume you set your minimum threshold value up to 2 over 20 products.
So, once your 18 products out of 20 are sold out, you will be notified via a mail that your stock is over and then you can re-order it. This feature allows you to never run out of stock.
What Are Simple Products?
Simple products are the easiest products to create and understand. They are the unique products and have no variations, neither in color nor size. For example, sunglasses.
Steps to Create and Manage a Simple Product
You can create and manage your inventory and orders with just a few simple steps.
Add a Product
- Go to the ‘Products >> Add Product’
- Write the product name.
- Click on ‘Add Media’ and add the images of your product.
- Write the product description in the text area and add the price.
- Select product categories and tags.
- Click ‘Publish’ in the right bar.
- Go to your product list.
- Click on ‘Edit’
- After the page loads, scroll down to the ‘Product data’
- Click on ‘Inventory’
- Write SKU (stock keeping unit, or say unique identifier)
- Click on ‘Manage stock’ to allow you to manage the product of course
- Select an option from ‘Allow back orders’
- Choose your ‘Low threshold value’
- Select whether you want a customer to purchase more than one quantity or not under the ‘Sold individually’ option.
- Simply update the product.
Therefore, you can easily adjust your inventory level and never run out of stock.
Moreover, you can also allow the customers to place orders even if the product is out of stock so they don’t have to always check whether the product is re-stocked or not.
Further, you can also allow your customers to see the available stocks present in your inventory.
Well, it’s total up to you and if you don’t want your customers should see the stock quantity of a particular product, you can directly contact to the developer and remove it.
What Are Variable Products?
Variable products are a product type in WooCommerce that has different variations like different sizes and colors, and if you want you can set different images and even different prices for each variant.
Steps to Create and Manage a Variable Product
- Click on the ‘Add New Link’ in the product menu or ‘+New’ in the dropdown menu of your menu bar.
- In the ‘Add new product section’, write the name of your product.
- Next, add the images of your product.
- In the text area, write an in-depth description of your product with all the details like gender, style, material, season, and other whatever you consider useful.
- Next, set up the product type in the product database and choose ‘Variable product’.
- Click on the ‘Attributes’ and then click on the ‘Custom product attribute’.
- Add the attributes of the product like size, color, and remember to insert a vertical bar between them.
- Click on ‘Save Attribute’ then go to the Variations tab.
- If you want to control the variations of the product, click on ‘create variations from all attributes, and click ‘Go’.
- Click OK on the pop-up notification and wait until the process is done.
- Now you will see all the combinations of the product and you can use it to set varying prices and images for each.
- Once variations are added, write a short description of your product.
- Then, click on ‘Set product image’ and upload the image you want to see first on the product page and further add more images to your Product Gallery.
- Set the product category and tags.
- After that, enable the stock management by clicking on the ‘Inventory tab’ and continue the process like simple products.
- Once you are done with all the details, finally ‘Publish’ the product.
What is ATUM?
ATUM is the most efficient and easy-to-use WooCommerce inventory management tool in the WordPress plugins repository.
ATUM provides you the full control over your multiple WooCommerce stock. You can easily access the product to quickly edit and moderate the level of inventory, change prices, control orders, and suppliers as well.
With an easy-to-use WordPress interface, it becomes very familiar and user-friendly to the user.
ATUM is available in two versions:
- Free Version
- Premium Add-on version
Features ATUM (Free version)
The most advanced FREE version of ATUM offers you many features –
WPML Fully Compatible
ATUM offers many free features such as Inventory Statistics (Periodical Sales, Inventory Levels, Lost Sales, and Promo Sales), Stock Central with Data Export, Inventory Logs (Reserved Stock, Lost in Post, Customer Returns, Inbound Stock, and Warehouse Damages), One Page Updating, Quick Price Changes, Stock Levels Indicators, Suppliers, Purchase Orders and Premium Add-ons.
- Complete WPML (WordPress run Multilingual) compatibility for all WooCommerce inventory.
- All WooCommerce products on one screen.
- Image thumbnails for easy access to your WooCommerce product.
- Short product names overview including the products’ ID and SKU.
- Purchase prices now included with direct edit from the Stock Central page.
- Fully filtered product list by Suppliers’ name.
- Quickly edit the Product Price and Product Sale Price including the date ranges of your sales.
- Edit the inventory level of every WooCommerce product in your product database.
- Brilliant settings for easy stock management.
- Advanced WooCommerce stock controlling and tracking.
- Full inventory PDF export directly from Stock Central.
- Clear, smooth, and branded ATUM fields.
- See the total inventory count for specific products.
- Complete location hierarchy tracking.
- URL hash navigation for filters in Stock Central.
- Reloads pages easily without losing filters.
- And other effective features.
Features ATUM (Premium Add-on Version)
ATUM’s Add-ons will take your business to the next level. It offers,
- Product Levels – Bill Of Materials Management
- Multi-Inventory for WooCommerce
- ATUM Export Pro Add-on
- ATUM Action Logs Premium Add-on
To know the features of the ATUM Premium Add-on Version in detail, VISIT WEBSITE.
Therefore, ATUM inventory management plugins offer you the best services for your stock management in WooCommerce.
It was designed to suit the serious store managers that need essential inventory control for their WooCommerce store.
However, some users who wish to take their inventory management to the next best level. They have the opportunity of using Premium Add-ons, further; they can access another best level of their inventory management.
Conclusion: WooCommerce Stock Management
Withal, WooCommerce offers you advance and pace tools and plugins for your smooth and efficient stock management.
In WooCommerce store, you can easily create and manage stock levels according to your sales pattern, supplier’s span of delivery, and so on. ATUM offers an integrated e-commerce store for your business.
Also, It provide you FREE ATUM services though you can upgrade to premium for another level of sales experience.
To start your store with ATUM and experience the best stock management services with the world’s best e-commerce platform, VISIT WEBSITE
Related WooCommerce Articles: