Are you thinking of creating your membership site and selling subscriptions on your WordPress site? Still on the fence about choosing between – MemberPress and MemberMouse?
Well, we’ve got your back. Due to their similarities, it is challenging to pick from the two best WordPress membership plugins.
But how do you know which WordPress membership plugin is the best for you?
Well, you’re in luck because we did a deep dive comparison between MemberPress and MemberMouse, listing the pros and cons of each, along with each plugin’s pricing, to help you make a more informed decision, hopefully.
By the end of this post, you will be able to pick which WordPress membership plugin is best for you between – MemberPress and MemberMouse.
So without taking more of your time, let’s get into it.
MemberPress vs MemberMouse: Basic Overview
Let’s start by going through a basic overview of these WordPress membership plugins and looking at what each one brings to bring to the table.
What is MemberPress?
MemberPress is a widely used WordPress membership plugin for WordPress with excellent membership management capabilities.
The plugin is designed for anyone to sell paid subscriptions through their WordPress site without needing professional experience, technical knowledge, or coding.
Check our detailed MemberPress review to get an insider view into this complete WordPress membership plugin.
It comes with various payment integrations, and it is easy to use-no complicated procedures to get started with MemberPress.
Also, you can easily create different membership levels to suit your needs. The plugin is designed for customization and maximum design flexibility to build the site you want without hiring a developer.
MemberPress comes with excellent integrations, and all the plans are packed with the features necessary for various business levels. You also get reporting and metrics features for in-depth analysis of your site.
It’s a solid WordPress membership plugin that lets you create a powerful and user-friendly WordPress membership site, with numerous features including WordPress plugin integration, social communities, email marketing, affiliate marketing, and more.
What is MemberMouse?
Since its launch in 2009, MemberMouse has evolved as one of the best membership and subscription management tools for WordPress. It is an all-in-one solution with plenty of features to get your online business started.
Check out our detailed MemberMouse review to get detailed insights about this WordPress membership plugin.
MemberMouse lets you manage all the aspects of your online membership site and gives you exceptional customization options.
As with Memberpress, with MemberMouse, you can manage your WordPress membership site without the need to hire an additional developer.
MemberMouse is updated frequently so that you can enjoy a seamless experience with outstanding customer support. The platform has a dedicated team that stays by your side whenever you encounter any problems.
What’s more, the MemberMouse membership plugin works like a charm with all major WordPress themes to help you create a fully-functional WordPress membership website.
It also comes with a 14 days free trial, so users can test the platform to see if it’s a fit. If so, they then choose from their three pricing plans.
It integrates with all the popular payment gateways and other crucial integrations that enhance your site’s flexibility.
The Key Difference Between MemberPress and MemberMouse
MemberPress and MemberMouse are two of the most powerful membership plugins for membership sites and online courses. Both platforms have a lot in common, but they differ in various ways.
MemberPress is focused more on building membership sites and selling subscriptions while offering great content protection.
MemberPress has no learning curve when it comes to creating a membership site or online course. You can protect your content, and it’s super easy to get started.
MemberMouse lets you sell memberships online, sell courses, standalone products or bundles, different membership levels, and more.
MemberMouse comes with more features compared to MemberPress and enables you to create a full site while protecting your content.
Additionally, both platforms come with useful reporting features, MemberMouse paves the way with its top-tier plans.
Another key difference between both platforms is that with MemberPress, you can edit the source code, whereas, with MemberMouse, you cannot.
Now that you have a little idea about the differences between these platforms let’s look at these differences in greater detail.
MemberMouse vs. MemberPress: Standout Features
MemberPress Key Features
- MemberPress comes with excellent content protection features. You can easily control access to your posts, pages, tags, categories, along with most of the files on your WordPress site. This enables you to create additional space for eBooks, videos, membership levels, and more.
- If you go with the top-tier plan of this membership plugin, you get various tools to manage membership, embedded for free. What’s more, you can easily track your affiliates and pay them accordingly.
- Coupons play a vital role in attracting traffic to your WordPress membership site and increase your sales. With the MemberPress membership plugin, you can create and customize coupons according to various occasions for your courses or membership site.
- The MemberPress plugin also enables you to create WooCommerce membership stores without any hassles.
- You can create dynamic pricing pages with MemberPress as it comes with multiple out of the box themes for pricing pages.
- Will collect all necessary information about your day to day site activities and site actions. MemberPress reporting feature gives you details about revenue, total sales, members, and more.
- Staying in touch with your members or audience is critical. MemberPress membership plugin allows you to set up automatic email reminders so that your members keep coming back to your site.
MemberMouse Key Features
- MemberMouse allows you to sell digital products as well as physical products online. You can sell them any way you want without restrictions, either in memberships or as a one-time payment. What’s more, with the MemberMouse plugin, you can easily create different membership levels with a content protection option.
- MemberMouse takes content protection seriously. You can control access to your posts, pages, custom post types, and more. This allows you to add anything from audio or videos to your site.
- MemberMouse plugin also supports drip content, which enables you to release your content to your members at your own pace or on a specific date
- All the plans come with basic reporting features that give you access to all the crucial information about revenue, engagement, retention, members, and more. The top-tier plan of this membership plugin comes with additional advanced features of reporting.
- MemberMouse lets you customize your WordPress membership website and create it the way you want without needing a single line of code. This can be done with its unique feature known as SmartTags.
- MemberMouse comes with one-click Downsells, Upsells, and save the sale pages.
MemberMouse vs. MemberPress: Integrations and Add-ons
Integrations and add ons are essential for every site. Regardless of the site you own, integrations and add ons make it easier to enhance your membership site’s functionality and flexibility.
MemberPress and MemberMouse come with excellent features, but it doesn’t hurt to add additional functionality.
Remember, integrations and add ons can be sticky, and if the plugin doesn’t work with your site, you may lose sales and face other consequences.
Or you may find yourself spending more time troubleshooting the integration rather than focusing on your site’s growth.
MemberPress Integrations & Add-ons
MemberPress comes with tons of integrations and add ons, and comes with in-built integrations for payment gateways to facilitate smooth payment procedures.
However, there is a limit on the number of integrations based on the plan you pick, so you might want to be extra careful when choosing your plan.
Additionally, MemberPress comes with direct one-way integrations with popular services such as MailChimp, AWeber, ActiveCampaign, GetResponse, ConstantContact, Drip, bbpress for contact forum, and affiliate marketing integrations for smooth affiliate marketing. Also, it works well with Zapier too.
MemberMouse Integrations & Add-ons
MemberMouse integrates with various payment gateways and provides integrations with bbpress for community features, ActiveCampaign, ConstantContact, AWeber, affiliate marketing tools, iContact, GetResponse, and more.
You can also integrate other plugins using push notifications, API, WordPress hooks & filters, and a PHP interface.
Winner: Both MemberPress and MemberMouse are similar when it comes to integrations and add ons. Therefore, this round is a tie.
MemberMouse vs. MemberPress: Course Design Flexibility
When you are creating your online course or membership site, one of the vital aspects to check is design flexibility. That’s because the better design flexibility the platform provides, the better your WordPress membership site looks.
Design is a crucial aspect of any website. Whether you own a membership WordPress site or an online store, your design will attract users and determine your site’s success.
A lousy design will turn off potential members, and they will switch to your competitor. Therefore, you must pick the platform that comes with maximum design flexibility, so you can create the membership WordPress site you want.
MemberPress and MemberMouse both come with multiple templates for thank you pages, login pages, checkout pages, landing pages, and more. Both are easy to get started with.
If you want to customize your users’ experience, you can use shortcodes as both platforms provide shortcodes. With these shortcodes, you can display the customer’s name, the product they have purchased, and so on.
However, MemberMouse comes with more shortcodes than MemberPress, which means you get more customization options with MemberMouse.
You can easily use the shortcodes to display their purchase information and make a personalized experience for your customers.
Additionally, MemberPress has more options when it comes to templates compared to MemberMouse. These templates let you customize the pricing tables for your WordPress site for additional flexibility.
Winner: Both platforms provide excellent design flexibility. While MemberMouse gives more shortcodes, MemberPress, on the other hand, offers better templates. Choosing one as a winner here would be unfair. Therefore, this round is a tie.
MemberMouse vs. MemberPress: Affiliate Functionality
Affiliate functionality is essential if you are planning on monetizing your site with affiliate marketing. However, to access affiliate features of MemberMouse and MemberPress, you need integrations.
MemberPress comes with an affiliate plugin called Affiliate WP that integrates with your WordPress site seamlessly and lets you create a complete and functional affiliate program.
If you are using their top-tier plan, you will get the integration for free. On the lower-tier plans, you can pay additionally to get the integration.
MemberMouse also comes with add-ons and integrations with affiliate plugins. However, you must remember that these integrations are not directly supported.
Winner: It is a tie between both platforms here.
MemberMouse vs. MemberPress: Reporting Feature
Whether you own a small business or a large business, reporting and metrics give you an insight into what is happening with your WordPress site.
Furthermore, reporting helps with decision-making by giving you ideas about where to focus your attention.
Both MemberMouse and MemberPress come with reporting and metrics in-built.
MemberPress Reporting Feature
MemberPress comes with an essential reporting feature that gives you insights into the number of sales, retention, and revenue. With the option to upgrade for advanced reporting features.
Using the lower tier plans, look for an integration that will provide you with exceptional metrics and reporting features that you can access right from your MemberPress dashboard.
MemberMouse Reporting Feature
MemberMouse reporting depends on the plan you pick, but you won’t be disappointed even if you pick the cheapest plan.
Even the basic plan comes with an excellent reporting suite that tells you the total sales, engagement statistics, revenue numbers, retention rates, and more.
With their top-tier plans, you will be able to unlock an advanced reporting suite that reports in-depth metrics about abandoned carts, subscription reviews, user-related statistics, etc.
You can use these reports to make decisions about your site for better performance.
Winner: This round goes to MemberMouse with its excellent reporting and advanced metrics feature.
MemberMouse vs. MemberPress: Customer Support and Documentation
Learning a new platform to create your membership WordPress site or online course can be daunting and draining. Even if they’re easy to use, you may find yourself stuck at various points.
There’s nothing more frustrating than having a platform that comes with no customer support. This is why, before you pick one, let us have a look at the customer support and documentation of MemberMouse vs. MemberPress.
MemberPress Customer Support & Documentation
MemberPress provides customer support to its users using the ticketing system and their vast help center.
Their help center is well-documented and contains detailed information, including a user guide set up. The documentation is enough to build a strong knowledge base of MemberPress.
If you do not find what you need in the help center, you can submit a support ticket through the dashboard of MemberPress.
Their support tickets’ response time is usually one-two days, which can be a con if you need an immediate solution to your problems.
MemberMouse Customer Support & Documentation
MemberMouse comes with excellent customer support. It solves your issues through various support channels.
MemberMouse has a dedicated team of professionals that solve your questions through email and phone support. However, phone support is only available on their top-tier plans.
Their average email response time is 90 minutes, which is quite impressive compared to MemberPress. Additionally, if you like to find solutions on your own, they have a fully-documented support center which can be navigated through easily.
MemberMouse also provides weekly office hours where you can hear other professionals on live calls, ask your questions, and get immediate solutions.
Winner: MemberMouse comes with unmatched support. MemberMouse is the winner of this round.
MemberPress vs. MemberMouse: Pricing Battle
Now that we are almost done with our comparison between MemberMouse vs. MemberPress, you’re probably on the verge of picking one. But both come at a cost, so before you decide, let’s check out the pricing.
MemberPress Pricing Plans
MemberPress comes with three pricing plans:
- Basic $129 per year: The plan is ideal for beginners starting their first membership site. You can use one WordPress website, and this plan comes with all the essential features for beginners, including a year of updates and customer support.
- Pro $214 per year: The plan is excellent for small businesses, freelancers, and entrepreneurs. It supports up to two websites, comes with ten additional add-ons and integrations, works with authorize.net, one year of support and updates, and more.
- Plus $299 per year: The plan is perfect for advanced users and large businesses. It comes with all the basic and pro plans and can be used on up to five websites. The plan comes with phone customer support and all the advanced features you need to drive massive traffic to your site.
MemberMouse Pricing Plans
Like MemberPress, MemberMouse also comes with three different pricing plans:
- Builder $39 per month: The plan is perfect for beginners and comes with all the essential features for a beginner membership site, including all email integrations and payment integrations. You get a staging license and email support with the plan.
- Advanced $99 per month: The plan is ideal for small business owners and comes with all the core features plus priority email support and additional features such as social signup & login, advanced affiliate settings, and more.
- Premium $299 per month: As the name says, the plan comes with all the excellent premium features that a developer or advanced user may need. Plus, you get priority email support and phone support with the plan.
Winner: And the winner is whichever plan works best for you! It depends on what you are looking for; if you are looking for a simple and affordable solution, Membermouse is the best as it comes with cheaper pricing plans. However, if you value functionalities and have the budget, MemberPress delivers, but with comparatively higher pricing.
MemberPress vs MemberMouse: The Winner
And that’s an end to our Membermouse vs. Memberpress comparison. By now, you’ve figured that both of the membership plugins do not differ much and are both viable options for helping you build a complete membership site.
There is no clear winner here as the winner depends on your needs and your expectation for the platform. Both the membership plugins are reliable and have been in the market for a while now.
However, if you need the best membership solution, we have some good suggestions for you.
If you are getting started or need a simple solution with all the essential functionalities loaded, we recommend picking MemberPress. It comes with an easy to use interface, and you will create the best site in no time.
Similarly, if you want to build a robust and complex WordPress site or need advanced solutions to boost your site, we recommend picking MemberMouse.
The platform has led the charge with its incredible features such as price split testing, rescheduling features, and more. To succeed in building your dream site, MemberMouseis the best fit.
In the end, your needs will decide the ultimate solution for your site, and building your dream membership site is just a decision away!
We hope you found our MemberPress vs. MemberMouse comparison helpful. Let us know which platform you are picking in the comment section below.
Others Membership Plugins: