Adding various types of forms to your WordPress site brings a lot of benefits to your site. When searching for the best WordPress form builder plugins, you’re often stuck choosing between WPForms vs Gravity Forms vs Ninja Forms.
If you are one of those users who can’t decide between the top three WordPress form builder plugins, you have come across the right post.
Comparing the three best form builder plugins can be tricky, and deciding which one to pick can be exhausting.
So we have broken down each form builder to find out their differences to help you decide which form builder is the best for you.
We’ll also provide our opinion of each form builder based on various parameters to hopefully give you relevant information to make a more informed decision.
By the end of this article, with our recommendation, you should understand the differences between the form builders and easily pick the best one for you. Keep reading to find out which form builder we think is the overall winner!
WPForms vs Ninja Forms vs Gravity Forms: The Overview
Before we dive into the in-depth comparison of WPForms vs Ninja Forms vs Gravity Forms, let us have a quick overview of each of the form builders.
WPForms – Top Recommended Form Builder
WPForms is a famous form builder with two million websites using it. It is a freemium plugin that allows you to create simple to complex forms with its easy drag and drop interface.
WPForms is hands-down one of the most beginner-friendly form builders. The drag and drop builder comes with utmost flexibility and lets you create various types of forms and embed them in your site quickly.
With the maximum ease of use, you can create beautiful signup forms, subscription forms, contact forms, etc.
The plugin comes with a free version and a premium version, with the premium version of WPForms granting you access to additional features and excellent integrations.
Gravity Forms is one of the most-trusted form builders on the internet and gives you advanced solutions to create excellent forms. The form builder lets you create any type of form without any trouble.
The plugin is packed with all the essential tools and features to give you hassle-free WordPress form management. Gravity Forms stands alone in that it makes creating forms from scratch feel effortless.
Although it does not come with a free version, you can still take advantage of the free trial to see if Gravity Forms works best for you.
Ninja Forms is yet another famous form builder in the world of WordPress. The plugin proudly claims that it is one of the most flexible and most comfortable WordPress form builders.
The plugin comes with robust features and has one million+ installations. Ninja Forms lets you create beautiful and attractive forms within a few minutes with its drag and drop interface.
If you are a beginner, you will love Ninja Forms because you can build eye-catching forms without a single line of code. The plugin comes with a free version and a premium version for advanced solutions and features.
WPForms vs Ninja Forms vs Gravity Forms: The Key Features
It is not surprising that all three form builders come with excellent features, and comparing all the features next to each other can seem like an impossible task.
Therefore it’s important for you to know which features you need from a form builder before picking one. Here’s a quick overview of the form builders’ features so that you can get a basic idea about each form builder.
WPForms Key Features
- This form builder comes with various free templates for different forms. (A real-time saver)
- WPForms comes with spam protection for all the forms that you have embedded in your site
- WPForms is 100% responsive, which means it works perfectly on every device.
- Entry management feature that lets you view all your leads in one place for a smoother workflow
- Drag and drop builder makes it easier for you to create forms in minutes
- WPForms lets you create beautiful subscription forms and enables you to connect it with your email marketing service
- Allows you to collect payments, online orders, and donations without the need to hire a developer
- WPForms allows you to respond to your leads immediately with an instant notification feature
- With the pro version, there are no limits. WPForms comes with unlimited forms and entries
- You can create high-performing forms easily with WPForms using its smart conditional logic
Gravity Forms Key Features
- Gravity Forms lets you create any type of form. From polls to simple signup forms, you can make anything within a few minutes
- 30+ custom fields at your fingertips in this editor
- Add file upload fields so that your users can submit photos without any trouble
- The Elite license enables you to use coupon fields, payment fields, and create surveys. Of course, the basic plan comes with a few restrictions
- Gravity Forms comes with email auto-responders that notify you whenever the form is submitted
- Gravity Forms is unique in that it allows you to perform advanced calculations based on the submitted values
- Gravity Forms comes with a built-in mobile-friendly form design. No matter which device your users log in through, your users will receive the same excellent designs
- The possibilities with Gravity Forms are endless. It integrates with various other plugins to provide you the best features and expand the plugin’s flexibility
- You can take advantage of Gravity Forms’ security feature by using reCaptcha and Akismet to prevent spam
- Additional features include conditional logic, multi-page forms, excellent customer support, and more
Ninja Forms Key Features
- Ninja Forms also comes with a drag and drop interface to save time and build your forms quickly
- Ninja Forms comes with multiple advanced features so that you do not need a developer to build forms and embed them on your site
- Add various payment methods so that you can easily accept payments and donations with all the possible payment methods
- Choose from 30+ field types to create forms
- Ninja Forms takes security seriously; they support different Google ReCaptcha to protect you from spam.
- Ninja Forms allows you to create fully customizable forms to grow your business. You can link these forms with popular email marketing tools and take your business further.
- Ninja Forms is exceptionally flexible and expandable. You can expand the features of the plugin with various add-ons.
- To help you get through the setup process and various common problems, Ninja Forms comes with vivid support and documentation.
- All the versatile forms you create through Ninja Forms are highly mobile responsive. No matter which device users log in through, the forms do not get affected.
WPForms vs Ninja Forms vs Gravity Forms: Ease of use
Whether you are a beginner or a developer, your form builder should come with the most convenient options to create forms.
The complicated setup process and creation of forms can be exhausting and time-consuming. You should pick a form builder that comes with beginner-friendly features and maximizes ease of use.
Let’s see how easy it is to get started.
WPForms Ease of Use
WPForms is one of the easiest form builders to use. The form builder comes with a drag and drop builder that lets you get started immediately.
To build a form, all you need to do is pick the template that fits your needs and customize it according to your needs. You get a full-screen view so that you have plenty of space to work with.
With the live editor, you can preview your work while making changes. Additionally, if you want to build a form, you need to simply drag and drop the custom field from the right-hand pane to the left-hand page.
To customize it, you can simply click on the field. Once you’re done, you can embed your forms on your site without writing a single line of code. Additionally, it lets you add widgets to pages, posts, or the sider/footer of the page.
Gravity Forms Ease of Use
The gravity forms builder is also easy to use and beginner-friendly; unlike other form builders, this builder opens inside the WordPress interface giving you less space to work. Editing form fields in this builder is unique.
To customize the fields, you have to scroll up and down a lot. Editing form fields can be a little draining for beginners. Additionally, the gravity form builder does not provide a live preview, so you will have to preview the form on your website as you work.
If you are using a small screen, we recommend checking the gravity forms demo to check whether the layout works for you or not.
Ninja Forms Ease of Use
Ninja Forms proudly claims it’s one of the easiest form builders to use. Getting started with Ninja Forms is not rocket science. As soon as you open it, Ninja Forms takes the entire screen, which gives you enough space to work.
The customization is easy and super quick, as well as managing forms. Additionally, Ninja Forms also provides a beginner-friendly interface so that you don’t get lost with all the options.
If you still cannot figure it out, their support team can help guide you.
WPForms vs Ninja Forms vs Gravity Forms: Support and Documentation
Support and documentation are two of the major parameters that need to be analyzed before picking either form builders from this comparison.
The main reason why we emphasize the support and documentation section is that not everyone is a developer, and not everyone is tech-savvy, which makes navigating the process of problem-solving all the more important.
Some users might stumble across various issues, and the offered support from the plugin makes it easier for users to resolve their issues. Let’s see the support and documentation offered by WPForms, Gravity Forms, and Ninja Forms.
And if you’re a premium user, you can contact the support team with your queries directly through email or support ticket system. Also, you can contact WPForms for pre-sale questions and/or bug issues.
Their high user rating confirms how well their support and documentation are viewed among their users.
Gravity Forms Support
Gravity Forms comes with extensive documentation with various tutorials. You can get the basics from quick answers in their Frequently Asked Questions section.
You get support only if you are a verified customer with a valid license. You get priority support depending on your license level.
Support hours are Monday to Friday, from 9 AM to 6 PM. Support covers most issues except for the third-party addons.
Ninja Forms Support
Ninja Forms also comes with an extensive documentation section to help out with all the common questions. The plugin provides various tutorials, covering a wide range of topics.
If you need advanced support, you can contact them through their contact by the ticketing system. They have over 100+ articles covering multiple issues from add-ons to startups.
You can follow the guides, which are beginner-friendly and configure easily. If that doesn’t work, you can also contact the support team immediately for additional help.
Winner: All three form builders provide good customer support and documentation. This round is a tie.
WPForms vs Ninja Forms vs Gravity Forms: The Pricing Battle
You can spend hundreds of dollars on the form builder and still end up having lousy forms. Price, as always, is a crucial decision, especially when choosing a form builder. Let’s compare the pricing of WPForms vs Ninja Forms vs Gravity Forms.
WPForms comes with four pricing plans:
- Basic $39.50/year: This plan comes with all the essentials features such as unlimited forms, unlimited entries, advanced fields, spam protection, one year of support and updates, and more.
- Plus $99.50/year: Everything in basic plan plus MailChimp, AWeber, Newsletter Forms, and more. The plan is perfect for businesses, including medium-sized business owners.
- Pro $199.50/year: The plan comes with all the essential features you need to build a perfect form. It comes with all the features of Plus and grants you access to more integration.
- Elite $299.50/year: The plan is perfect for advanced users. It comes with all the features of Pro, including advanced features. Additionally, the plan comes to priority support.
Gravity Forms comes with three plans:
- Basic License: $59
- Pro License: $159
- Elite License: $259
All the plans come with unlimited forms and entries, automatic updates, excellent support, best security, and more.
Ninja Forms comes with three pricing plans as well, which are as follows:
- Personal $49.50/ year: For one site.
- Professional $99.50/year: For 20 sites.
- Agency $249.50/year: For unlimited sites.
All the plans come with priority support and integrations. However, as you upgrade to the top-tier plans of Ninja Forms, you get access to additional integrations and exclusive features.
Winner: Unfortunately, we cannot pick one winner here because the price depends on your needs. For example, if you need add-ons, the pricing may increase for each plan.
So, we recommend carefully examining your needs and then selecting a perfect plan for you.
WPForms vs Ninja Forms vs Gravity Forms: Which WordPress Form Builder is Best for You?
This section comes down to every user’s personal needs from the form builder. Although we can’t cover every user’s needs, we’ve considered all the crucial parameters for any form builder plugin. And with that, our choice is WPForms.
WPForms is one of the most beginner-friendly form builders with excellent security and add-ons. It gives you more than 100+ templates that can be instantly added with one-click.
Besides, it is the only plugin that lets you import forms from other form builders, including Ninja Forms.
Even when it comes to performance, WPForms performs better than any other form builders. It is also an affordable solution for small businesses.
You can upgrade to the top-tier plans for excellent functionality and use various add-ons to grow your business at a rapid pace.
Similarly, Ninja Forms is also a great option, but more for developers or experienced users. It comes with some advanced features that are best left to the professionals and those with experience.
Although they provide support and excellent documentation, you might face some small difficulties when it comes to the interface if you’re just starting out.
Gravity Forms is a great alternative to WPForms. If you don’t like the interface of WPForms, you can opt for Gravity Forms as it offers similar features and flexibility.
It is a premium plugin; therefore, you need to be careful before purchasing this form builder. We recommend trying their free trial to see if their works interface for you.
Final Thoughts: WPForms vs Ninja Forms vs Gravity Forms
WPForms, Gravity Forms, and Ninja Forms are all amazing form builder plugins. They all come with excellent features and let you create beautiful and responsive forms without any hassle.
With our comparison of WPForms vs Ninja Forms vs Gravity Forms, it’s clear that comparing these three builders can be tricky because of their excellence and similarity.
Wich the most significant difference being pricing. We recommend going with WPForms to get the best features and ability to build eye-catching and high-performing forms.
We hope you found our comparison useful. Which form builder plugin are you going with? Let us know in the comment section below.
More WordPress Plugin Articles:
- Best WordPress Security Plugins
- Best WordPress SEO Plugins
- Best WordPress Menu Plugins
- Best WordPress Backup Plugins
- Best WordPress Page Builder Plugins
- Best Contact Form Plugins for WordPress
- Best Genesis Framework Plugins
- Best WordPress Popup Plugins
- Best WordPress Countdown Plugins
- Best Image Optimizer Plugins
- Best WordPress Caching Plugins